[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

SC to hear plea on wrong questions in UPSC exam on August 1

http://www.newspatrolling.com/sc-to-hear-plea-on-wrong-questions-in-upsc-exam-on-august-1/ Has this happened before? Is anything gonna happen on this? highly doubtful
·

Comments

• If people could shoot letters to Deepak Mishra that they too are agrieved then something can happen I feel. We can then send it in media. He might grant us a compensatory attempt if there's pressure.

As for the result I feel UPSC gave it sooner for this reason. Those writing mains will not be affected so pls don't ask on pm n focus on mains. Getting a chance to write mains is becoming a matter of luck, pls use it well.

As for my result I dint clear

Here is justice Mishra's address :
    Justice Dipak misra
    10 tughlak road new Delhi.

It would be great if you could deliver them by hand, n give them a copy to me in pm. I could then share it in media.

I have little hope in the case now, I don't know how this will work out, let's nevertheless try it, since there is nothing to loose.

I LL be v grateful for this little help.
    ·
  • edited July 28
    santra said:

If people could shoot letters to Deepak Mishra that they too are agrieved then something can happen I feel. We can then send it in media. He might grant us a compensatory attempt if there's pressure.

As for the result I feel UPSC gave it sooner for this reason. Those writing mains will not be affected so pls don't ask on pm n focus on mains. Getting a chance to write mains is becoming a matter of luck, pls use it well.

As for my result I dint clear

Here is justice Mishra's address :
    Justice Dipak misra
    10 tughlak road new Delhi.

It would be great if you could deliver them by hand, n give them a copy to me in pm. I could then share it in media.

I have little hope in the case now, I don't know how this will work out, let's nevertheless try it, since there is nothing to loose.

I LL be v grateful for this little help.

+1
    quoting fakeid from another thread
    fakeid said:

Supreme court agreed to review paper 1 for ambigous two ques. Even i cleared cut off but i wish , Justice should be done and UPSC must need to be taught a lesson to play with aspirants' life.

I meant - Cutoff upar jaa raha hai to jaane do.... but ask from syllabus prescribed in proper proportion to each segment of syllabus

There should not be lot of ambiguous and unneeded ques like APMCHUD.

Kudos to the girl who moved to court for the solemn cause.

+1

upsc ne lottery system bana rakha hain prelims ko mere last year 12 marks badhe se is baar itne question doubtful hain ye jo select nahi huye unke sath injustice hain pass hona ias banna badhi baat nahi hain upsc ko jab civil servant hi lene hain to transparency accountability iski foundation main honi chahiye jabki ye D gang ki tarah operate karti hain answer key bhi release karni chahiye aur un answers ke sahi explanation bhi dene chahiye cabinet ka speedy hain to kyu hain ... apne man se kuch bhi answer nahi dene chahiye
    (disclaimer I m in but really its very disheartening that upsc don't payback to wisdom and intelligence in prelims many genuine persons are out due to ambiguous questions as well options )
    ·
  • edited July 28
    Just to further explain why am I doing this , it's this-

Judge has dismissed it as a pil stating that it is no public matter, he said it would be heard solely as my personal matter.

If no one responds I LL be more than happy to consider that he was right, and I shall fight it as my own battle.

This is what you could write in the letter.

To,
    Justice Dipak Misra,
    10, Tughlak Road,
    New Delhi -03

Sub : wrong questions in civil service exams

Dear sir,
    This is to bring to your notice multiple wrong questions asked in UPSC civil service prelims exam held on 18 June 2017. The commission has already announced the result and confirmed our doubts. Even though multiple attempts were made to bringforth this discrepancy to their notice just after the exams, no steps were taken to correct them. We urge you to please you to please take up this matter as a Public Interest Litigation for the interest of 5 lakh candidates who took the exam and lakhs of others who would be subjected to this fate and lackadaisical and hostile attitude in future.

Thanking ,

Dated :

I urge you to have it delivered by hand so that it reaches him before Tues.

PS : please mark your letters as urgent.

PSS : also send a copy to the cji.
    ·
  • @moderator @root make this announcement
    ·
  • @King_Arthur if u wish u can also contribute to the thread
    ·
  • What exactly are the couple of questions she was contesting in S.C.. Paper 2 is also very subjective this time. It kicked me out. So painful...
    ·
  • santra said:

Just to further explain why am I doing this , it's this-

Judge has dismissed it as a pil stating that it is no public matter, he said it would be heard solely as my personal matter.

If no one responds I LL be more than happy to consider that he was right, and I shall fight it as my own battle.

This is what you could write in the letter.

To,
    Justice Dipak Misra,
    10, Tughlak Road,
    New Delhi -03

Sub : wrong questions in civil service exams

Dear sir,
    This is to bring to your notice multiple wrong questions asked in UPSC civil service prelims exam held on 18 June 2017. The commission has already announced the result and confirmed our doubts. Even though multiple attempts were made to bringforth this discrepancy to their notice just after the exams, no steps were taken to correct them. We urge you to please you to please take up this matter as a Public Interest Litigation for the interest of 5 lakh candidates who took the exam and lakhs of others who would be subjected to this fate and lackadaisical and hostile attitude in future.

Thanking ,

Dated :

I urge you to have it delivered by hand so that it reaches him before Tues.

PS : please mark your letters as urgent.

PSS : also send a copy to the cji.

+1
    ·
  • I meant please give me a copy of the letter you send on pm .
    * Clarifying.
    * Spam block works on pm too. :no_mouth:
    ·
  • santra said:

I meant please give me a copy of the letter you send on pm .
    * Clarifying.

How to send letter to judge if not in delhi
    ·
  • @santra If you could please share the judges' email id too, that would be great. Also, some friend of mine with law background said that in case you had filed the PIL in someone else's name (not writing UPSC) , then the matter would have been heard as a PIL. Anyway, I hope you have the requisite material for proving your case that few questions have mutiple answers.
    People are saying showing authentic sources (NCERT, government documents) for your case could turn it in our favour.
    ·
  • @santra i am not in delhi can i speed post the letter at his address ???
    Once human now a dog bho bho
    ·
  • Mam,imo lets dont disturb this years exam process. Lets ask for reform .either 150 questions or csat re-arrival,increasing intkae etc.Imo among 100 questions,few are ought to be ambiguous n dicey for deserving candidates.shall not pinpoint only 2017 prelims. :) can i prepare letter on these points.

·
  • santra said:

I meant please give me a copy of the letter you send on pm .
    * Clarifying.

How to send letter to judge if not in delhi
    speed post
    ab94 said:

@santra If you could please share the judges' email id too, that would be great. Also, some friend of mine with law background said that in case you had filed the PIL in someone else's name (not writing UPSC) , then the matter would have been heard as a PIL. Anyway, I hope you have the requisite material for proving your case that few questions have mutiple answers.
    People are saying showing authentic sources (NCERT, government documents) for your case could turn it in our favour.

couldnt find id on net. agreed to that if filed on someone elses name, it would have been readily admitted, but then where do i get that someone else, n who argues?even if i filed am i the lone victim? anyway there are judgements that say the aggrieved person if people at large are affected can do that.
    ·

• @santra The reason the judges didnt want to hear it as a PIL and made you to file it as a violation of your FR is to avoid public and media scrutiny. Being in the field you would how a small thing can be used against you.

You mean to say that you argued the case yourself or with another lawyer?.

The person I talked to said that you could have filed in anyone's name (a friend, a relative etc.) and the judge wouldnt have been able to dismiss it as such. In that case shouldnt you be having letters or emails from affected parties to state your case?

In any case, if you show strong proof to the bench for your case that 10-12 questions are wrong, there is a good opportunity for having some effect. Otherwise UPSC being a reputed organisation will tend to fizz the case out. Please take the help of forum for gathering material for the case.
    ·
  • Mam,imo lets dont disturb this years exam process. Lets ask for reform .either 150 questions or csat re-arrival,increasing intkae etc.Imo among 100 questions,few are ought to be ambiguous n dicey for deserving candidates.shall not pinpoint only 2017 prelims. :) can i prepare letter on these points.

hi, the exam process will not be disturbed, assure you that. neither will they do it nor do i favour it. that will only set a bad precedent n cause unnecessary chaos in future. you can write whatever you feel, but do mention the wrongs of this years prelims, thats very imp.
    ·
  • @santra iss baar kuch benefit nahi milega even after sending post ??
    ·
  • edited July 28
    ab94 said:

@santra The reason the judges didnt want to hear it as a PIL and made you to file it as a violation of your FR is to avoid public and media scrutiny. Being in the field you would how a small thing can be used against you.

The person I talked to said that you could have filed in anyone's name (a friend, a relative etc.) and the judge wouldnt have been able to dismiss it as such. In that case shouldnt you be having letters or emails from affected parties to state your case?

In any case, if you show strong proof to the bench for your case that 10-12 questions are wrong, there is a good opportunity for having some effect. Otherwise UPSC being a reputed organisation will tend to fizz the case out. Please take the help of forum for gathering material for the case.

agreed, argued it myself. i do understand personal repercussions, but i might not write this exam again, even though i havent exhausted my attempts. i seriously dont care. let them do what ever they can against me. i personally feel they wont witch hunt, even if they do, let them.
    scrooge said:

@santra iss baar kuch benefit nahi milega even after sending post ??

i dint get you?
    ·
  • santra said:

Mam,imo lets dont disturb this years exam process. Lets ask for reform .either 150 questions or csat re-arrival,increasing intkae etc.Imo among 100 questions,few are ought to be ambiguous n dicey for deserving candidates.shall not pinpoint only 2017 prelims. :) can i prepare letter on these points.

hi, the exam process will not be disturbed, assure you that. neither will they do it nor do i favour it. that will only set a bad precedent n cause unnecessary chaos in future. you can write whatever you feel, but do mention the wrongs of this years prelims, thats very imp.
    Tum exam process ke baare mei itna mat socho, you should go ahead with whatever demands you feel are right, sab log selfish hi hote hai, to tum bhi selfish hi raho, don't justify to anyone and don't worry about others while making the plea.
    ·
  • santra said:

ab94 said:

@santra The reason the judges didnt want to hear it as a PIL and made you to file it as a violation of your FR is to avoid public and media scrutiny. Being in the field you would how a small thing can be used against you.

agreed, argued it myself. i do understand personal repercussions, but i might not write this exam again, even though i havent exhausted my attempts. i seriously dont care. let them do what ever they can against me. i personally feel they wont witch hunt, even if they do, let them.
    scrooge said:

i dint get you?
    no witch hunt from upsc side for filing the case. upsc un-intentionally causes so much pain to aspirant that no extra effort is needed from their side.

Rest fight for the case but plz don't ask for cancellation of exam. whatever key or answer is suitable let upsc select on that basis 13300 odd people.
    ·
  • @santra Of course even I feel there will nothing of the sort of a witchhunt. It is only a body occupied by bureaucrats for a small period. I just wanted to drive the point for using authentic sources for stating the case strongly.

Btw there are email ids of some staffs in the supreme court. You think they would forward it to the justice?. Easier for people from all corners of the country and quicker.
    ·
  • logout said:

santra said:

ab94 said:

scrooge said:

i dint get you?
    no witch hunt from upsc side for filing the case. upsc un-intentionally causes so much pain to aspirant that no extra effort is needed from their side.

Rest fight for the case but plz don't ask for cancellation of exam. whatever key or answer is suitable let upsc select on that basis 13300 odd people.
    yes for god sake keep the current process out of this.... many do not have time or resources to give their fate in the hand of court and then wait for eternity.
    ·
  • ab94 said:

@santra Of course even I feel there will nothing of the sort of a witchhunt. It is only a body occupied by bureaucrats for a small period. I just wanted to drive the point for using authentic sources for stating the case strongly.

Btw there are email ids of some staffs in the supreme court. You think they would forward it to the justice?. Easier for people from all corners of the country and quicker.

pls share them here, n mail people you think it would be useful to.

@logout bhai exam process nhi hilega, so pls relax. mentioned that several times

@Roman-Saini arre choman, good to hear that from you. thanku. :wink:
    ·
  • @santra exam process nahi hilega means ??..toh case next time walo ke liye hai ?? I mean to say , this time who were hunted they will not get benefit of selection because of some questions being corrected (if any)..waise hi kam hope hai ..as u r saying
    ·
  • scrooge said:

@santra exam process nahi hilega means ??..toh case next time walo ke liye hai ?? I mean to say , this time who were hunted they will not get benefit of selection because of some questions being corrected (if any)..waise hi kam hope hai ..as u r saying

please suggest me the soln, i think an attepmt might be one, i ll also plead for further increase in intake n all, if you have better suggestions pls give.

exam process nhi hilega meant ki those already called for mains would surely write it.

i do need peoples suggestions for you think is a good course of further action. Also attaching a copy of the order
    order 27 jul.PNG
    523 x 614 - 80K
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog