ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

PRELIMS CUM MAINS FOR UPSC

Is 'Prelims cum Mains Integrated Approach' increases the success, for UPSC Aspirant?
Garima Saini

Comments

• I think prelims cum mains approach is not good for UPSC aspirants , because if someone is just a beginner then he or she need some time to understand each and every topic completely and if we adopt this kind of approach at the initial level for the preparation then most of the time will be spend in hurry. we doesn't understand the topics properly and completely.
  • It depends on the strategy.I follows iastoday from april 2017 where my answers are getting reviewed daily additional to prelims testseries. Now i cleared prelims & some what good in writing skill too. Else i doubt whether its possible to revise full syllabus & writing skill development after prelims. So,better follow integrated approach
  • Is joining a foundation course now can help to crack prelims 2018? or I should wait till the next session of pre-cum-mains batch ?
    Garima Saini
  • its god time to prepare. ..there is difference between syllabus of prelims and mains.also areas to concentrate in prelims diff from that of mains.
  • It is an energy intensive approach but highly useful. By energy intensive I mean : you need to put in more work more consistently then the average UPSC aspirant.

Basically it means, prepare subjectively to get added advantage in an objective paper. But the advantage is real. How? It helps in option elimination in Prelims.This way your "tukkas are educated guesses and you get confidence mid paper"

People who study with a mains centric approach are less stressed after Pre, thus getting breathing and mental space to organize themselves better.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • garimas said:

Is joining a foundation course now can help to crack prelims 2018? or I should wait till the next session of pre-cum-mains batch ?

You have more than enough time, do join one and start preparing. You can ace the exam even if you start now, the time has just begun.
    I am not among these vibrant group of youth that constitutes the common mass today. I am among those intellect group of youth who will lead the nation tomorrow.
  • There is no isolated prep

You must prepare for exam as whole
  • Please subscribe my YouTube channel
  • @garima If u r just a beginner then prelims cum mains approach is good , 7-8 months of dedication will help u to crack prelims but u should start preparing for the mains at early stage as there will be 3-4 months left after pre , fr mains. If u have already studies humanities then u mains batch or optional. good luck.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog