10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
Current Affairs 2019
We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh New batches of PHILOSOPHY from: 27th SEPT(Evening) - 5pm
& 9th OCT (Morning) – 11 am

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Antho coaching from Vajiram and Ravi

Sir/Ma'am
My question is regarding Anthro coaching from Vajiram and Ravi. I am not from biology background, thus finding it a little difficult to deal with physical anthropology section. if anyone has attended coaching from there , can you throw light how well do they conduct their physical anthro portion (esp.)? do they also take up doubts in the class or after that (may be)? and do they cover all the parts of the syllabus? and how good and useful are there class notes?
Thank you

Comments

• They teach Physical anthropology part the best and rest not up to the mark. The most important part of anthropology syllabus unit 6 is taught by one sir in very distorted and unorganized manner. In our class the strength of the class was left to less than half whenever sir came to tech . and yes they do take up the doubts after the class or in between. They cover the whole syllabus . Notes of bindu mam is very good.
  • Extremely bad and not at all upsc oriented. Bindu ma'am lives in her oen dream that questions can be solved by her abysmal notes. Purely a facade.
  • Changed my optional this time but there is an anthro guidance crisis. I wasted nearly a month in confusion I recently joined vijay sir classes in orn and I guess m finding it useful
  • Bindu is useless and so is coaching , better to rely on google :hushed:
  • @Confuscious16 Bro How Vijay sir is teaching? Maine query ki thi unke pas bole ki 2 mahine syllabus khatm kar dunga aur UPSC ke sare question likhwa dunga. What is the fee
    there?
  • Try one vijay singh anthropology classes.trust me you will not regret
  • abhi1610 said:

Try one vijay singh anthropology classes.trust me you will not regret

:D :D
  • I study there.he is honest and good.
  • @abhi1610 how much is the fee there?
  • I was new to subject .i failed in geog mains thrice.but nw if at al i clear prelims i hv gt confidrnce that i can do well in anthto only becz of him.
  • abhi1610 said:

I was new to subject .i failed in geog mains thrice.but nw if at al i clear prelims i hv gt confidrnce that i can do well in anthto only becz of him.

I took coaching from vaid sir n I do not have confidence in the subject at all so much so that I feel like switching to some other optional...he hardly took any class for paper 2....should I really try Vijay sir classes?
  • EL_Chico said:

abhi1610 said:

I was new to subject .i failed in geog mains thrice.but nw if at al i clear prelims i hv gt confidrnce that i can do well in anthto only becz of him.

I took coaching from vaid sir n I do not have confidence in the subject at all so much so that I feel like switching to some other optional...he hardly took any class for paper 2....should I really try Vijay sir classes?
    I finished my classes today. Switched from geography (2016 - 254) to Anthro. I can recommend Vijay Sir also. In our batch 3 people have written mains from Anthro before and took coaching from other institutions - one guy from Srinivas and one from Vaid sir. They have found him really helpful. But don't take our word for it. Visit his website upscanthropology.com or meet him in person.

Best thing about him is the personal attention due to small batch size.
  • nonpareil said:

EL_Chico said:

abhi1610 said:

I finished my classes today. Switched from geography (2016 - 254) to Anthro. I can recommend Vijay Sir also. In our batch 3 people have written mains from Anthro before and took coaching from other institutions - one guy from Srinivas and one from Vaid sir. They have found him really helpful. But don't take our word for it. Visit his website upscanthropology.com or meet him in person.

Best thing about him is the personal attention due to small batch size.
    Thank you so much...I would definitely visit him....how many months does he take to finish the classes and what is the fees ??
  • @cshekhar1810 yes he says he LL complete it in 2 months but then that is because he won't get into everything perfectly. I joined it as I knew others are crap atleast he is better than them n will generate confidence.
  • @cshekhar1810 yes he says he LL complete it in 2 months but then that is because he won't get into everything perfectly. I joined it as I knew others are crap atleast he is better than them n will generate confidence.

Jst one problem u LL face is language issue . Rest I guess wud b fine

• Anthropology in vajiram is useless.. I wasted 45k over there.. I feel so helpless and frustrated with people like HimaBindu ma'am ruining people of their hard earned money.. She don't know anything about anthropology.. She feeds nonsense to you and it's utter waste of time.. I joined last December.. I cleared prelims.. But thanks to her great coaching.. Im hopeless in anthropology now.. I could have done self study instead of going there and still would have ended up gaining more knowledge.. When I joined there is no proper reviews about her classes.. My only intention in writing this was no one could feel the pain I'm feeling now.. And I can atleast help some others to not fall into that trap..
    Pls avoid vajiram for anthropology.. Kindly advice your friends against it if you have any..
    All the best :)
  • Hello,what's up guys! Any One having anthropology test series materials??
  • Please help me with test series material,
    we can bear half cost of any online test series discussion if possible
  • Anyone interested in purchasing Tribal India - Nadeem Hasnain. I have read only one chapter. Not useful for me due to Sociology optional.

Available at discount. PM me if interested.
  • I have dump of anthropology material at very reasonable price
    The dump consists of
    1) Brain tree
    2) Munniratnam written notes
    3) Sosin madam written notes
    4) IAS mentors written notes
    5) Q & A previous years
    6) Q & A Braintree (Karthik sir)
    7) IGNOU
    The entire material is available at 700 rs
  • hermione8 said:

Sir/Ma'am
    My question is regarding Anthro coaching from Vajiram and Ravi. I am not from biology background, thus finding it a little difficult to deal with physical anthropology section. if anyone has attended coaching from there , can you throw light how well do they conduct their physical anthro portion (esp.)? do they also take up doubts in the class or after that (may be)? and do they cover all the parts of the syllabus? and how good and useful are there class notes?
    Thank you

sir/mam, dont even think of joining vajiram and ravi for anthropology.
    it is better that i don't review about hima bindu mam's teaching.
    her teaching is no use.she lies about her printed notes,and class written notes ,both are useless.except sir's class notes to some extent.
    i left her both printed material notes,in delhi itself.that printed noted is worst ever,just copy paste from random sources ..am telling so that none end up joining and later regretting ..she tries to win student's by her own flashback,which is repetitive every year..
  • Why Anthropology Optional is Best Optional Subject for the UPSC Civil Services Mains
    Watch Now:

Anthropology is a social science not a biological science like history, Sociology, Economics & Political science which is one of the popular optional subjects in UPSC/IAS/PSC exam. SAPIENS IAS is one of the prominent IAS Coaching institutes of India for UPSC Civil Services Anthropology Optional. Sapiens IAS also Provide Online Anthropology Optional Coaching and Online Anthropology Optional Mains Test Series for UPSC Mains Exam.

Visit: www.sapiensias.in
    Call on: +91-8700922126 || +91-9718354962
    Email: info@sapiensias.in || www.sapiensias.in
    Address: 22, 3rd Floors, Opp. Kotak Mahindra Bank, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi – 110060
  • SAPIENS IAS AT YOUR SERVICE FOR A DECADE
    At Sapiens IAS exam training institute, PRADIP KUMAR SARKAR has been teaching anthropology for a decade. He, himself appeared in UPSC exam with anthropology optional, perhaps he secured one of the highest scores in anthropology optional in his time, he faced IAS interviews.

https://www.sapiensias.in/upsc-anthropology-optional-coaching-regular-batch/

• share to other people because I don't want other to suffer like me by joining SRINIVAS>

I don't know of other instiutes but for sure I can say one should be cautious of SRINIVAS IAS.

STAY FAR FAR and FAR AWAY from this guy if u don't want to waste time, money and feel irritated.
    Below are reasons:(Please believe me I have no hatred towards this guy and these opinion are written in unbaised way.)

He only bothers to take your money.
    He is not interested in teaching and guiding students but MAKING money.
    All promises made by him in initial days like weekly test, monthly evaluation and extra classes if few people request are all false. The moment u pay money, he doesn't bother of who you are.He would ask you to wait till half the portion gets over to write a test. Once you reach half portion he would either pretend as if he had not made such promise or even if students forces him(as happened in my batch) he will take atleat 40-50 days to get your paper evaluated. By that time either you will forget that you have given exam or he would deliberately choose not to remind you.

This is frustating:
    He takes 15-20 days of leave whenever he wants and goes to his home(Hyderabad). He don't understand what students opinion is and to cover the lost days he rushes like anything or ask u to refer few lost topic on own.
    This would be very frustating and irritating since all the plan you would make of syllabus completion by 3.5 month would be extended anything easily by other 1.5 to 2 months.(This is what happened with my batch. Everyone cursed and scolded him like anything.)
    He takes such vacation once in 1.5-2 month.

Coming to his classes:

His 1st hour (out of 2 hr class) is time pass; He somehow takes u to unrelated and non-contributing debate and waste time and in 2nd hour ask u to take notes(only for Physical). I felt like Why did I give him money and why should I have to listen to such non-sense debate(which lacks any justification).
    Even in class he makes statements which nobody on earth except him would agree.
    Few of his sentences are:
    1. When the topic of class is subjective(like social anthropology) he says('this topic is airy and liquid'). What f***ing english he uses in class?
    2. In topic of inheritance he says (the rickshaw puller might be of ashoka's lineage). NON sense. Non sense.
    3. Understand what i am saying(he repeat this statement and this will irritate you like anything)
    4. is it true or not
    5. open your brain then class will flow( I feel -- Rubbish english)
    6. pull and push

All such statements are to waste time and not to give concept(which I understood later).

I am telling you, he doesn't teach Anthro except Physical part. Again even in physical he has no clarity on human evolution and various fossils and he will ask you to directly take down notes without explaining any thing. This will irritate you and will make you feel why did i join him ?

His sociology part is horrible, disastrous and too vague and too boring to attend. Complete waste of time.
    His paper 2, this F**k*r completely skipped tribal part and asked to read on my own{why did he take money if he doesn't teach???}. He will ask u to buy Nadeem tribal Book and read it. He hardly spends more than 1 class for tribal and even in those 2 hrs he cracks jokes or somehow waste time to complete 2hr.
    He doesn't encourage doubt. I guess he wants to avoid embarrassing situation in class if he doesn't answer.

His +ves:
    Gives notes only to physical part.
    These notes are copy paste of P.Nath and B.M.Das.{You can buy hell lot of such notes in market and Please Please Please Don't decide to join him based on this +ve(as I did) because}

Because:
    You will feel complete waste of money and precious time for all his classes.
    You will feel cheated like me.

When coaching is about to complete he says coaching will not help but writing will help and ask you to register for answer writing test.
    Once you pay money for this test, he will irritate you by not evaluating papers(As i said you he wants money and not our benefit). OR even if he evaluate it, he will not write any remarks on paper. You can see that your paper was not evaluated but rather tick-marked with red pen by giving random marks.When you ask him the comments for your paper for a question he will asks you to come later and he will avoid you finally. If you succeed to meet him at any cost, he will ask you to forget of last test and suggest to write next test(the cycle repeats).
    I wrote 6 exams of which he evaluated(with no remarks) of test-1,2 and asked me to forget of remaining 4 saying he would evaluate them after 20 days(as he is going to his home). When I questioned him strongly, he asked me angrily to get out of institute. When I further pushed him saying I have paid him money, he stood up and shouted angrily and went out to,take tea, without even listening to me.This made me to feel I was cheated by this f**k*r.
    Everytime i remind this scene, I wanted to punish him like anything, for teaching nothing after taking huge money.

From his coaching i concluded that he don't have any knowledge of the subject but has read some toppers notes and mug them up every day before class(you can see him revising notes before class).

Finally after all these remarks if you still don't believe me, try to get phone or email of persons who have joined him and ask them.
    How to get them? Ask the black receptionist boy(who is also a f**k*r in himself since he will only remind you to pay balance money and will never inform you if a class is cancelled or not) in srinivas IAS and ask him to give numbers of students of previous batches(say any reason).
    How to decide?
    If you succeed in getting numbers, decide based on majority. Ask atleat 10 people and join him(SRINIVAS) only if, >5 says, he is good.

I am sure 9/10 will recommend that his classes are wastage of precious time and scare money.
    Again if you ask me I would say Big NO with single justification that the idea of spending 45K without getting anything will haunt you once you complete coaching.

He doesn't even know proper english and tells the same boring things again and again.
    All the advertisements of him are all false. They are taken from other institutions because no topper would verify this malpractice and so he(SRINIVAS)safetly would print them on papers and pamphlets and advertisements.

If you ask me how to study I can say the only mantra is self-study for anthro of delhites.

Please Please Please convey this message to other. I opened this account only to post this and convey my opinion.
    I hope you guys can understand.

If you still decide to join him I will say be strong and take his jokes and money,time waste as routine and OKish.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog