Invitation : Attend OPEN Classes on Current Affairs for Mains 2017 on 16th & 17th at 11AM
Walk in to the Test Center at 11AM Today or Register for the 2 Days Open Classes, or enroll for the ONLINE / OFFLINE Current Affairs for Mains 2017 by visiting the below link http://blog.forumias.com/currentaffairs2017
. A registration fee of Rs. 50/day is charged for the two day event to have a correct estimate of the number of people attending.
[Poll:] Should ForumIAS adopt the Upvote/Downvote & Commenting feature like Quora/Stackoverflow?
It's very tedious to surf through pages and pages of a thread (or through threads & threads involving similar search terms) to find a simple bit of information.
It'd be very helpful if ForumIAS too adopted a feature to Upvote/Downvote replies. This approach would have multiple benefits:
Note to Moderators:
- Deduplication. The exam's cycle is such that there are many threads that keep getting repeated each year...be it the ones asking for help with selection of the right teacher/coaching institute, or for the right test series, or for the way to right answers or for the right Interview preparation program etc. There can be a single thread for each such repetitive question and each year, we can can upvote, downvote, or add new & emerging alternatives that were missing earlier.
- Reduced man-hours searching for information= more focus of Preparation.
- Hours and hours of time would be saved...we could access the most helpful posts right away.
- Also, because of de-duplication of threads, we won't have to go through endless number of threads involving similar search terms.
- The unwanted clutter/comments would not break the flow of ideas between important/helpful posts.
- By adopting the manner in which comments are implemented in StackOverflow, not only would it become possible to improve the quality of questions, but also to give less visual importance to personal comments vis-a-vis the overall flow of the thread. This way, the thread cannot be hijacked by anyone and everyone keeps closely to the central question in the thread.
- Polls, Oh, Polls! We desperately need Polling in ForumIAS! Because of the inherent nature of the Upvote/Downvote mechanism, it's possible to conduct polls, which the current architecture of ForumIAS doesn't allow. For example, consider the best way to write introductions/conclusions to our anwers. Won't it be better if those successful among the community can upvote the strategy that worked for them, while those who unfortunately don't clear the exam, downvote the outdated/antiquated strategy? Some rank-holders suggest that writing definitions as introductions helps. But exactly how helpful is it? Is it the best strategy out there? Do the top-10 each year follow this strategy of writing definitions as their introductions? The (Upvote/Downvote) polling feature would help us immensely in unveiling the true nature of the UPSC evaluation process.
- Your efforts might also be reduced considerably by adopting the Upvote/Downvote mechanism because spam/advertorial messages would be downvoted by the community itself and hence, your time also saved!
- Also, could you guys please make this a featured discussion so that others would also provide their inputs?
Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below
1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st :
Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan
| Payment Link
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August :
Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan
| Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August
- ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan
| Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August
| Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon
6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon
UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling :
What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.