[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Attention : Feeling low or depressed? Help each other out.

edited August 23 in Social, Tips & Support
Yesterday night there was a post by a member of forum saying that he could see no option but to commit suicide. He has not responded to messages yet or posted anything further. Hopefully he is alright.
Apart from this, on Public Diary Thread there are many people who have posted about feeling depressed and unable to study at all. They can post here on forum thanks to the anonymity offered else probably they dont have anyone to speak to openly about it.
I think it is high time we wake up to this issue before anything unfortunate happens.
I am creating this thread so that everyone can post comments about either their own struggle or about other people who have successfully overcome them or even those facing them presently. Posting about famous people's struggle will also help.
It is so that such people dont feel alone and think of resorting to unwanted means to escape this temporary phase in life.
Also, I hope there are people here who know of others who may not have succeeded in the UPSC exam but have done well elsewhere. Please do post about them. There is no dearth of options available to any person. UPSC or any other exam can not be the ultimate or only thing you can do in life. Or be the yardstick to measure your value in society.
I will also post here the helpline numbers that anyone can speak to in case of need. Others may also post numbers they know of. Because very few of us would be actual psychologists or psychiatrists. Please dont hesistate to call those numbers if and when you need to.
Let us make a supportive and sensitive community here at ForumIAS. :smile:
I hope no one here ever loses hope in life. :smile:
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
- Rachel (Batman Begins)
·

Comments

• Here are some numbers.

iCall, Mumbai – +91 22 2556 3291, e-mail – icall@tiss.edu
    Vandrevala Foundation Helpline – 1 860 266 2345, e-mail – help@vandrevalafoundation.com

Thanal – 0495 237 1100
    E-mail – thanal.calicut@gmail.com
    Address – Iqra Hospital
    Malamparamba
    Calicut 673009
    Kerala

Prathyasa – +91-480 – 2820091
    Address – Vidya Jothi
    Cathedral Junction
    Irinjalakuda 680 685

Pratheeksha – +91 484 2448830
    E-mail – rajiravi2000@hotmail.com
    Address – Near Ambedkar Park
    Peruvaram Road
    North Paravur 683 513
    Kerala

Saath – 079 2630 5544, 079 2630 0222
    Address – B12 Nilamber Complex
    H.L. Commerce College Road
    Navrangpura
    Ahmedabad 380 006

Roshni – 040 790 4646
    E-mail – help@roshnihyd.org
    Address – 1-8-303/48/21 Kalavathy Nivas
    Sindhi Colony
    S.P. Road
    Secunderabad 500003

Lifeline Foundation – +91 33 24637401, +91 33 24637432
    Address – 17/1A Alipore Road
    Sarat Bose Road 700 027
    Kolkata

Sumaitri – 011-23389090
    E-mail- feelingsuicidal@sumaitri.net
    Address – Sumaitri
    Aradhana Hostel Complex
    No. 1 Bhagwan Das Lane
    Bhagwan Das Road
    New Delhi

Maithri – 91- 484 – 2540530
    E-mail – maithrihelp@gmail.com
    Address – ICTA Shantigram
    Changampuzha Nagar (P.O.)
    Kalamassery
    Kochi 682 033
    Connecting India – 9922001122, 18002094353
    Website – connectingngo.org
    Address – Connecting Trust
    Dastur Girls School
    Moledina Road
    Pune 411001

Nagpur Suicide Prevention Helpline – 8888817666

The Samaritans Mumbai – 022 6464 3267, 022 6565 3267, 022 6565 3247
    Address – B-3, Trisandhya
    Behind Ambika Sarees
    Dadasaheb Phalke Road
    Dadar (E) 400014
    Mumbai

Sneha – 91-44-2464 0050, 91-44-2464 0060
    E-mail – help@snehaindia.org
    Address – #11, Park View Road
    R.A. Puram
    Chennai 600028

Maitreyi – +91-413-339999
    Address – 255 Thyagumudali Street
    Pondicherry

Aasra – 91-22-27546669
    E-mail – aasrahelpline@yahoo.com
    Address – 104, Sunrise Arcade
    Plot No. 100
    Sector 16
    Koparkhairane
    Navi Mumbai 400709
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Sites like yourdost.com and 7cups.com offer chat, call and video call options too with established psychologists and psychiatrists.
    I personally know the founder of YourDost.com. Please feel free to ping me in case you face any issues on the site.
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Great work queen..... Seriously upsc is not everything in life. I myslef got success in 5th attempt.....So please, all of you just keep doing hard work and dont quit. All the best
    ·
  • Story of Dhirubhai Ambani
    (28 December 1932 – 6 July 2002)

Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani, an Indian industrialist, was widely known as founder of Indian conglomerate multinational Reliance Industries. The company, has been featured on the Fortune 500, is a conglomeration of communications, petrochemicals, power, and textiles. Dhirubhai Ambani’s life is a real rags-to-riches success story.

Born to a school teacher, he was the third of five siblings, three brothers and two sisters. Ever since childhood, Dhirubhai was more keen on work than studies and repeatedly bunked classes and roamed in streets, watching people work and making money. He’d once said his mother to stop lamenting about the hardships and that he would make “heaps of money one day.” His entrepreneurial career began in his early school years by selling “bhajias” to pilgrims in Mount Girnar over the weekends. On completion of his school studies, his brother Ramnikbhai sent him to Aden, Yemen, which was the second busiest oil banking and trading port of the time.

Dhirubhai Ambani joined the largest transcontinental trading firm named A.Besse & Co as a gas-station attendant, as well as a dispatch clerk. A.Besse & Co would deal in every possible branch of trading from cargo booking, shipping, handling, forwarding, to wholesale merchandising for a great number of American, European, African and Asian companies. His hard work promoted him to maintain and manage company`s oil filling station at the port of Aden. Dhirubhai once said, “More than anything else I learnt that nothing big can ever be achieved without money, influence and power and I also learnt that money, influence and power alone cannot achieve anything in life, big or small, without a certain soft, delicate, sensitive, understanding human touch in all one’s deeds and words.” In 1958, he came back to India with Rs 50,000 and started the business of polyester yarn import-export at Masjid Bunder of South Mumbai and later founded the Reliance Commercial Corporation with an investment of 15,000. Back in those days Polyester was in great demand across Asian markets and soon his profit skyrocketed. Dhirubhai continued to live in one bedroom flat with his wife and children for almost a decade until 1968 when he moved to Altamount Road in South Mumbai. In 1966, Dhirubhai started his own textiles manufacturing unit at at Naroda, in Ahmedabad. He launched his first brand “Vimal” sometime in 1969-70; and in 1975, his manufacturing was visited by a team of technical experts from the World Bank who certified it as “excellent even by developed country standards.”

The biggest breakthrough in his life came in the year 1977, when he managed to attract over 58,000 investors in the very first IPO of Relience Commercial Corporation; and he never looked back ever since. A humble beginning helped him to stand his empire worth $64 billion.

He has been honored for several times for his significant contributions. In 1998 The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania honored him with Dean’s Medal for his excellent leadership. In 1996, 1998, and 2000 Asiaweek magazine featured him among ‘Power 50 – the most powerful people in Asia. In 2001 Economic Times honored him with Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence for Lifetime Achievement and many more.

Dhirubhai built up a textile and Petrochemicals Empire with his dedication, ability to recognize new business opportunities, dare to take risk, never-give-up attitude and intelligence to handle people.

Dhirubhai Ambani Quotes:

“Our dreams have to be bigger. Our ambitions higher. Our commitment deeper. And our efforts greater. This is my dream for Reliance and for India.”

“Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one’s monopoly”

“Pursue your goals even in the face of difficulties, and convert adversities into opportunities.”

“Give the youth a proper environment. Motivate them. Extend them the support they need. Each one of them has infinite source of energy. They will deliver.”
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Story of the Founder of KFC

Whether you like KFC or not, the story of Colonel Harland Sanders is truly amazing. This story is inspirational because it’s an example of how perseverance, dedication, and ambition along with hard work can create success; regardless of your age.
    Colonel Harland Sanders has become a world-known figure by marketing his “finger lickin’ good” Kentucky Fried Chicken.

The spectacled Colonel Sanders could easily be identified by his clean, crsip white suite, black string tie, and walking cane. A statue of this man can be seen as far away as on Nathan Road in Kowloon, Hong Kong, for one place.

One of the most amazing aspects of his life is the fact that when he reached the age of sixty-five, after running a restaurant for several years, Harland Sanders found himself penniless. He retired and received his first social security check which was for one hundred and five dollars. And that was just the beginning of his international fame and financial success story…

Col. Sanders was a fellow who really loved to share his fried chicken recipe. He had a lot of positive influence from those who tasted the chicken. Now, the Colonel was retired and up in age and while most people believed in the sanctimony of retirement, the Colonel opted to sell the world on his cool new chicken recipe. With little in terms of means at his disposal, Colonel Sanders traveled door to door to houses and restaurants all over his local area. He wanted to partner with someone to help promote his chicken recipe. Needless to say, he was met with little enthusiasm.

He started travelling by car to different restaurants and cooked his fried chicken on the spot for restaurant owners. If the owner liked the chicken, they would enter into a handshake agreement to sell the Colonel’s chicken. Legend has it that Colonel Sanders heard 1009 “no”s before he heard his first “yes”.

Ok, let me repeat that.

He was turned down one-thousand and nine times before his chicken was accepted once!

Colonel in front of his first KFC store. The deal was that for each piece of chicken the restaurant sold, Sanders would receive a nickel. The restaurant would receive packets of Colonel’s secret herbs and spices in order to avoid them knowing the recipe. By 1964, Colonel Sanders had 600 franchises selling his trademark chicken. At this time, he sold his company for $2 million dollars but remained as a spokesperson. In 1976, the Colonel was ranked as the world’s second most recognizable celebrity.

It’s amazing how the man started at the age of 65, when most retire, and built a global empire out of fried chicken.

“Believe. Dream. Try. Succeed. Age, no bar!”

Link-
    https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/yourstory.com/2012/07/the-story-of-colonel-sanders-a-man-who-started-at-65-and-failed-1009-times-before-succeeding/amp/
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • From weaver to IAS Officer to Member of Parliament!

In his home constituency Meghwal enjoys the trust of the common people who look up to him as a role model
    AT a time when politics is dominated by money, muscle power and political legacy, Arjun Ram Meghwal’s life presents an interesting contrast. Initially a weaver, he went on to become an IAS officer and then a Member of Parliament.

“I was born in a traditional weaver family of Kismidesar village (Bikaner), where any student of my age hardly goes to school. During my school and college days I used to weave to support my family and my education,” says Meghwal.

Meghwal got married when he was in Class 7. After marriage, he continued his studies and graduated in Arts (BA) & Law (LLB) from Sri Dungar College, Bikaner (Rajasthan). What’s more he managed to do his postgraduation from the same college.

“My father had strictly warned that he would not allow me to continue my studies further if I failed in any of my exams. It was a very tough time for me because there was no environment to study at my place. But I worked hard and managed to complete my studies,” he says. Along with his job, he started preparing for competitive exams to land in a government job.

Meet MP Arjun Ram Meghwal

Not a path of roses
    He got into Indian Post and Telegraph Department as a telephone operator. While working as a telephone operator, he also pursued his LLB degree while helping his father at the same time. He also fought and won the elections for the post of General Secretary of Telephone Traffic. Meghwal puts forth, “This was a great opportunity for me to understand the relation between policies and politics. I attended many State-level meeting which gave me a good exposure.”

The career journey
    In spite of clearing the written examination, he failed in the interview for Rajasthan Administrative Services. He was shocked as he had been confident of clearing the interview. But he did not give up. He gave a second attempt with strong determination to succeed. He cleared it and got selected for State industrial services. Following this, in 1994, he was recruited as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Deputy Chief Minister of Rajasthan. He reached the peak, when he was promoted to the Indian Administrative Services and worked as District Collector of Churu district.

As he received immense respect from people, he felt that they looked up to him as a role model and expected him to play an even greater role. Politics was just the platform to serve this purpose. He took the final leap in 2009, when the Bharatiya Janata Party offered him a ticket for Lok Sabha from Bikaner region. He won. His ambition is to serve the people to the best of his ability. “I consider this a new beginning and I still have miles to go in the service of people,” he concludes.

Link- http://www.motivation.careers360.com/articles/From-weaver-to-IAS-Officer-to-Member-of-Parliament
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • edited July 14
    Abraham Lincoln is perhaps one of the biggest examples of "never say die attitude" This is the list of his failures:

1816: His family was forced out of their home. He had to work to support them.
    1831: Failed in business.
    1832: Ran for state legislature - lost.
    1832: Also lost his job - wanted to go to law school but couldn’t get in.
    1833: Borrowed some money from a friend to begin a business and by the end of the year he was bankrupt. He spent the next 17 years of his life paying off this debt.
    1835: Was engaged to be married, sweetheart died and his heart was broken.
    1838: Sought to become speaker of the state legislature - defeated.
    1840: Sought to become elector - defeated.
    1843: Ran for Congress - lost.
    1848: Ran for re-election to Congress - lost.
    1849 Sought the job of land officer in his home state - rejected.
    1854: Ran for Senate of the United States - lost.
    1856: Sought the Vice-Presidential nomination at his party’s national convention - got less than 100 votes.
    1858: Ran for U.S. Senate again - again he lost.

Finally Became the President of USA in 1860!
    Dum Spiro Spero
    ·
  • "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Please refrain from cluttering this post with thank you and similar posts. Lets get the legitimate ones get visibility.

@Queen Is it possible for you to get in touch with any counselors and have them come over for guest posts on coping mechanisms, why seeking counselling shouldn't be shameful, or dealing with relatives and parents? Or like have an ama from a counselor's point of view once in a while?
    Its called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    ·
  • So, what's your excuse?.. Let's meet Nick Vujicic....
    Nick Vujicic was born with tetra-amelia syndrome, a rare disorder characterised by the absence of all four limbs. His videos on YouTube have inspired millions and millions of people with his message to love life and live without limits. He was tormented to such an extent that at the age of 10 he attempted suicide. After years of feeling alone and worthless, he had an epiphany one day while reading an article.

He read about a disabled man who refused to let physical limitations dictate his life. At that moment, Nick says, he realized he had the ability to take control of his life. Instead of looking at everything he lacked, he decided to look at everything he could have. Now a famous author and international speaker, Nick inspires the world everyday to live a life without limits. His message is brilliantly sobering and electric.
    blmdx9l7g665.png
    540 x 447 - 399K
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
    ·
  • edited July 14

Ummul Kher suffers from fragile bone disorder and her parents said they would ‘disown’ her if she stayed in school. She left home, got into JNU and is now set to become an IAS officer.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi-news/parents-disowned-disabled-girl-for-studying-after-class-8-she-cracked-civil-services-exam/story-vouuuC5Q7r3rzt1ItM4jLI.html
    _900bf95a-474e-11e7-815c-f4e1adc20f07.jpg
    960 x 540 - 87K
    ·
  • Please refrain from cluttering this post with thank you and similar posts. Lets get the legitimate ones get visibility.

@Queen Is it possible for you to get in touch with any counselors and have them come over for guest posts on coping mechanisms, why seeking counselling shouldn't be shameful, or dealing with relatives and parents? Or like have an ama from a counselor's point of view once in a while?

Okay. I will try to do that. Cant confirm though.
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    On yourdost.com there is a section for discussions where counselors have spoken about such things. I would encourage people to visit those posts till then. :smile:
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Due to huge amount of requests krk has arrived on this thread to tell experience.

Due upsc journey i also wanted to do suicide. When i began to do it it happened .
    Bit it happened of someone else.
    So i had to run to save my life so that nobody can do my suicide.
    So i ran fast and 1st time in many years falt alive.
    So my massage is live before u die. God will eventually do our suicide .
    Before that enjoy.

P.S - how can u think abt suicide when u hav d option to imagine how my mouth look and laugh
    asli pehalwan ki pehchan akhaade me nahi jindaggi me hove hai
    Taki jab jindaggi tumhe utha k pattak pattak k maar giraye
    To koi aisa daav khelo ki jindaggani chit hojave.
    ·
  • This is a very useful thread. I would recommend everyone having depression to practice meditation. If you find it difficult to practice or don't know how to do it then you can download apps like Headspace or Calm. I would recommend Headspace. Its just a 10 minute exercise. Believe me it will bring clarity to your mind.
    ·
  • Though I don't have much to inspire..But here goes my story...It all started with my first panic attack when I was in class 12..Away from home,preparing for IITJEE!Started from stress of preparation..And don't know why one day I felt palpitations and got filled with fear of a heart attack(in reality it was panic attack:)...That day onwards I remained in constant fear ..And thus that affected my study and has to opt out of my preparation midway!Came back home...Still clueless abt my irrational thinking!Slowly depression started and further gloom!I was diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder!..Gave IITJEE THAT YEAR WITHOut Preparing chemistry at all!Still got through..Don't know how!College was again stressful..Anxiety and stress due to irrational thinking continued for about 3 years when again I had to finally came back home after series of panic attacks!Remained in home for 2 straight years...And those 2 years transformed my life..Learnt meditation..Buddhism.and accepted what ever irrational I was thinking!Meditation transformed my life to a peaceful person who can veunture out and do anything in the world he wants.!So I got back to college after 2 yes break and completed my degree..!Got a job offer at IBM in placements but didn't joined!Gave CAT that year just for the sake of giving....scored 99.9 but didn't opted for the offer at IIM..( By that time I had realised that I wasn't made for MNCs..) and I didn't wanted to commit the same mistake as I did when blindly I opted for engineering...!Buddhism taught me abt the happiness that one gets serving others!That service attitude attracted my attention to UPSc..I read some basic GS books and boy,I fell in love with history,polity!!Never felt so certain in my life!I have been preparing for this exam from last 2 years...I too feel very low sometimes,feels like I made wrong decision not joining an IIM.but what I have learnt is to be patient and grateful for whatever we have and continue doing what we are doing even when odds are against us!I failed mains this year and that was the lowest I felt in years!Again anxiety started creeping,I have been feeling lonely since last 4-5 months,but there is a belief that this too shall pass!And when I say this,it is undoubtedly true that whatever be the phase u are going through...This too shall pass!Keep hoping and believing!
    ·
  • thanks @Queen for this wonderful initiative.
    I am also suffering from loneliness after my breakup 2 months ago.
    not able to share with anyone because people would judge me for cribbing about a girl who cheated on me. everyone expects CSE aspirants to be solely focused on the goal until it is achieved but as we all know it is a process which usually takes years, lot of things happen to us and around us before we eventually ( if at all) achieve that ultimate goal. I wish people could understand this.
    Do not go gentle into that good night
    ·
    not able to share with anyone because people would judge me for cribbing about a girl who cheated on me. everyone expects CSE aspirants to be solely focused on the goal until it is achieved but as we all know it is a process which usually takes years, lot of things happen to us and around us before we eventually ( if at all) achieve that ultimate goal. I wish people could understand this.

Bro I too faced a breakup last year just before prelims 2016..And yeah it felt very bad at that time..I feel lonely even now..But to be frank,it was the best thing that could have happened to my life...!!Happy single to you!

·
  • mahi2501 said:

Though I don't have much to inspire..But here goes my story...It all started with my first panic attack when I was in class 12..Away from home,preparing for IITJEE!Started from stress of preparation..And don't know why one day I felt palpitations and got filled with fear of a heart attack(in reality it was panic attack:)...That day onwards I remained in constant fear ..And thus that affected my study and has to opt out of my preparation midway!Came back home...Still clueless abt my irrational thinking!Slowly depression started and further gloom!I was diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder!..Gave IITJEE THAT YEAR WITHOut Preparing chemistry at all!Still got through..Don't know how!College was again stressful..Anxiety and stress due to irrational thinking continued for about 3 years when again I had to finally came back home after series of panic attacks!Remained in home for 2 straight years...And those 2 years transformed my life..Learnt meditation..Buddhism.and accepted what ever irrational I was thinking!Meditation transformed my life to a peaceful person who can veunture out and do anything in the world he wants.!So I got back to college after 2 yes break and completed my degree..!Got a job offer at IBM in placements but didn't joined!Gave CAT that year just for the sake of giving....scored 99.9 but didn't opted for the offer at IIM..( By that time I had realised that I wasn't made for MNCs..) and I didn't wanted to commit the same mistake as I did when blindly I opted for engineering...!Buddhism taught me abt the happiness that one gets serving others!That service attitude attracted my attention to UPSc..I read some basic GS books and boy,I fell in love with history,polity!!Never felt so certain in my life!I have been preparing for this exam from last 2 years...I too feel very low sometimes,feels like I made wrong decision not joining an IIM.but what I have learnt is to be patient and grateful for whatever we have and continue doing what we are doing even when odds are against us!I failed mains this year and that was the lowest I felt in years!Again anxiety started creeping,I have been feeling lonely since last 4-5 months,but there is a belief that this too shall pass!And when I say this,it is undoubtedly true that whatever be the phase u are going through...This too shall pass!Keep hoping and believing!

You being able to change yourself as a person is itself inspirational. :) I can very much relate. I don't want to post mine but it has lot in common.
    ·

What you have said is correct. Thoughts and prayers with you :)
    ·
  • mahi2501 said:

thanks @Queen for this wonderful initiative.

Bro I too faced a breakup last year just before prelims 2016..And yeah it felt very bad at that time..I feel lonely even now..But to be frank,it was the best thing that could have happened to my life...!!Happy single to you!

I'm trying to be happy. I hope we overcome this soon :)
    ·
  • sala, humko to break-up bhi nasib nahi hai. :|
    ·
  • sala, humko to break-up bhi nasib nahi hai. :|

acha hai bhai, koi maja nahi hai usme
    ·
  • mahi2501 said:

Though I don't have much to inspire..But here goes my story...It all started with my first panic attack when I was in class 12..Away from home,preparing for IITJEE!Started from stress of preparation..And don't know why one day I felt palpitations and got filled with fear of a heart attack(in reality it was panic attack:)...That day onwards I remained in constant fear ..And thus that affected my study and has to opt out of my preparation midway!Came back home...Still clueless abt my irrational thinking!Slowly depression started and further gloom!I was diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder!..Gave IITJEE THAT YEAR WITHOut Preparing chemistry at all!Still got through..Don't know how!College was again stressful..Anxiety and stress due to irrational thinking continued for about 3 years when again I had to finally came back home after series of panic attacks!Remained in home for 2 straight years...And those 2 years transformed my life..Learnt meditation..Buddhism.and accepted what ever irrational I was thinking!Meditation transformed my life to a peaceful person who can veunture out and do anything in the world he wants.!So I got back to college after 2 yes break and completed my degree..!Got a job offer at IBM in placements but didn't joined!Gave CAT that year just for the sake of giving....scored 99.9 but didn't opted for the offer at IIM..( By that time I had realised that I wasn't made for MNCs..) and I didn't wanted to commit the same mistake as I did when blindly I opted for engineering...!Buddhism taught me abt the happiness that one gets serving others!That service attitude attracted my attention to UPSc..I read some basic GS books and boy,I fell in love with history,polity!!Never felt so certain in my life!I have been preparing for this exam from last 2 years...I too feel very low sometimes,feels like I made wrong decision not joining an IIM.but what I have learnt is to be patient and grateful for whatever we have and continue doing what we are doing even when odds are against us!I failed mains this year and that was the lowest I felt in years!Again anxiety started creeping,I have been feeling lonely since last 4-5 months,but there is a belief that this too shall pass!And when I say this,it is undoubtedly true that whatever be the phase u are going through...This too shall pass!Keep hoping and believing!

You being able to change yourself as a person is itself inspirational. :) I can very much relate. I don't want to post mine but it has lot in common.

I tried to change..It's easy to get back.to previous habits..But I have hope....Learning abt others,who too are suffering and going through the same thing gives hope.There is. Awebsite named tinybuddha.com.I would recommend this to anyone who is feeling depressed and down..There you could find really inspirational stories of persons and interact with them.
    ·
  • Guys and girls don't do anything stupid life more than upsc and remember " life is box of chocolate you never know what you gonna get " it's full of pleasant surprises enjoy
    ·
  • माना हालात प्रतिकूल हैं, रास्तों पर बिछे शूल हैं
    रिश्तों पे जम गई धूल है
    पर तू खुद अपना अवरोध न बन
    तू उठ…… खुद अपनी राह बना………………………..
    माना सूरज अँधेरे में खो गया है……
    पर रात अभी हुई नहीं, यह तो प्रभात की बेला है
    तेरे संग है उम्मीदें, किसने कहा तू अकेला है
    तू खुद अपना विहान बन, तू खुद अपना विधान बन………………………..
    सत्य की जीत हीं तेरा लक्ष्य हो
    अपने मन का धीरज, तू कभी न खो
    रण छोड़ने वाले होते हैं कायर
    तू तो परमवीर है, तू युद्ध कर – तू युद्ध कर………………………..
    इस युद्ध भूमि पर, तू अपनी विजयगाथा लिख
    जीतकर के ये जंग, तू बन जा वीर अमिट
    तू खुद सर्व समर्थ है, वीरता से जीने का हीं कुछ अर्थ है
    तू युद्ध कर – बस युद्ध कर…
    “Success is not a random act. It arises out of a predictable and powerful set of circumstances and opportunities"
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog