[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Motivation for UPSC Civil Services- Bharat Darshan: Experience of a Lifetime

Hi guys! I am an Indian Information Service Officer of the 2015 batch (2014 exam). This is a video of my Bharat Darshan Experience, definitely the highlight of one's life as a Civil Services Officer Trainee. If there is one thing most civil servants reminisce about their training days, it is Bharat Darshan. Do watch it, enjoy it and share it. This is some motivation for all preparing for civil services here. :smile: :smiley:

·

Comments

• IAS 2016 Batch Bharat Darshan

·
  • Great video @Despacito .. videos like this keep us civil services aspirants motivated to keep working hard and look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel
    fed up
    Upsc give me closure or else...i ll compromise one this year
    ·
  • edited July 14
    Isint dark defender and Despacito d same :D
    Both in IIS
    ·
  • Hahaha.. yes.. @"Anticipated Success" He is my colleague :smile:
    ·
  • this is awesome
    hope to see it live someday :)
    पसीने की स्याही से जो लिखते है इरादों को, उनके मुकद्दर के सफ़ेद पन्ने कभी कोरे नही होते

dekhte h zaalim or kitna tadpaega
    ·
  • Despacito said:

Hahaha.. yes.. @"Anticipated Success" He is my colleague :smile:

I think otherwise. By the way nice video
    ·
  • thank you @Despacito for posting this wonderful video.
    ·
  • Thank you :smile:

Despacito said:

Hahaha.. yes.. @"Anticipated Success" He is my colleague :smile:

I think otherwise. By the way nice video
    ·
  • edited July 14
    Thank you ☺ Glad you enjoyed
    Jedi2017 said:

thank you @Despacito for posting this wonderful video.

·
  • Thanks @Jedi2017 ! :smiley:
    Jedi2017 said:

thank you @Despacito for posting this wonderful video.

·
  • edited July 14
    Haha.. no.. @"Anticipated Success" you can see us in the video itself.
    ·
  • edited July 14
    Hello guys!! as aspirant, and common citizen, motivation should come from problems of people.. Gandhi ki thinking bas essay me daal ke ullu seedha karne ke liye nahi hoti..

Bharat Darshan kya hai.. Just tourism and enjoy!! While drafting policy they say bharat darshan will help them see problems of nation- in reality u can see urself.. and iv known it from many frnds abt content and activities of this B.Darsan..

Ye sab kuch nahi bas public money pe aish hai.. Modi is a very good PM who started initiatives against these so called "uncivil" servants but cleverly through lobbying they are sidelining even Modi and also because Modi has not just single work of taming civil servants but also meeting Trump and Putin.. Wo kosis karta hai, par in cheetiyo ke baare me aur tuchchi si cheezo pe poora maheena aur saal to nahi de sakta na!! :D :D

Hann wo baat alag hai ki saamanya deshwashi aur common aspirant ke liye ye "uncivil" servants haathi ke samaan behave karte hain.. In my view, the accountability for these "govt employees" should be raised to the level of private sector and their holidays drastically cut.. modi tried this by making saturday a working day, but they circumvented his effort and fooled the country by increasing each working day by 1 hour..
    Jisko jitna rebuke karna hai mere post ko kar lena.. sachchai nahi badlegi.. na kuch galat kaha aur na hi thoughts change honge.. politics is necessary to maintain the balance of power, and thats the only recourse to mend these services to really make them serve the people and speed up the pace of file movement and problem solving.. its only 1 in ten officers that really works hard in govt offices.. bahar koi kar nahi sakta, to jindagi bhar officer ka tag pahanke janta pe raub jhaadna inka pahla kaam hota hai..
    ·
  • edited July 14
    Lovely and exquisite visuals.
    Ocular enchantment to say the least.
    Thank you for sharing a real life glimpse of the dreams that we all nourish during the preparation phase.

The beginning of the video ignited an analogy in my mind. The experience of a probationer during Bharat darshan and The first flight of a newly born butterfly. Uncannily, the presence of butterfly in the video made my belief even more firm.

Wish you all a very successful career ahead and may you all be magnanimous towards the under privileged, country and humanity.

Have a wonderful day ahead! :)

baby i dont need prelims questions to have fun night
    ·
  • Despacito said:

Hi guys! I am an Indian Information Service Officer of the 2015 batch (2014 exam). This is a video of my Bharat Darshan Experience, definitely the highlight of one's life as a Civil Services Officer Trainee. If there is one thing most civil servants reminisce about their training days, it is Bharat Darshan. Do watch it, enjoy it and share it. This is some motivation for all preparing for civil services here. :smile: :smiley:

Thanks fr the video mam ... :)
    An Ardent Civil services Aspirant, Bibliophile, Bodybuilder, Comics (Doga) Fan, Cook, Cynophile, Linguaphile, Nature Lover, Numismatist, Photographer, Soccer( Cristiano Ronaldo)Fan......

·
  • edited July 14

Hello guys!! as aspirant, and common citizen, motivation should come from problems of people.. Gandhi ki thinking bas essay me daal ke ullu seedha karne ke liye nahi hoti..

Bharat Darshan kya hai.. Just tourism and enjoy!! While drafting policy they say bharat darshan will help them see problems of nation- in reality u can see urself.. and iv known it from many frnds abt content and activities of this B.Darsan..

Ye sab kuch nahi bas public money pe aish hai.. Modi is a very good PM who started initiatives against these so called "uncivil" servants but cleverly through lobbying they are sidelining even Modi and also because Modi has not just single work of taming civil servants but also meeting Trump and Putin.. Wo kosis karta hai, par in cheetiyo ke baare me aur tuchchi si cheezo pe poora maheena aur saal to nahi de sakta na!! :D :D

Hann wo baat alag hai ki saamanya deshwashi aur common aspirant ke liye ye "uncivil" servants haathi ke samaan behave karte hain.. In my view, the accountability for these "govt employees" should be raised to the level of private sector and their holidays drastically cut.. modi tried this by making saturday a working day, but they circumvented his effort and fooled the country by increasing each working day by 1 hour..
    Jisko jitna rebuke karna hai mere post ko kar lena.. sachchai nahi badlegi.. na kuch galat kaha aur na hi thoughts change honge.. politics is necessary to maintain the balance of power, and thats the only recourse to mend these services to really make them serve the people and speed up the pace of file movement and problem solving.. its only 1 in ten officers that really works hard in govt offices.. bahar koi kar nahi sakta, to jindagi bhar officer ka tag pahanke janta pe raub jhaadna inka pahla kaam hota hai..

U r taking an unidimensional view of motivation. There is something called self-motivation.
    Plus ur view is biased .Getting selected in civil service is a win-win situation where u not only fulfil ur desire of happiness but also ur will to do something for the welfare of people.
    Any event can' never be understood in isolation dude. And the easiest thing in this world is to judge anyone based on his/her acts without trying to know the values and motives behind it.
    Tumne kisi ke honest act ko bhi bura bana dia, what to say.
    ·

• Hi @anthromaan ! I agree to an extent. The intent of Bharat Darshan is to sensitize us to the ground realities. And as IIS officers, our primary goal is to ensure government communication reaches the last mile, in the remotest villages and farthest islands of India. Every place we visited had a mandate, we learnt a whole dimension of communication challenges, be it interacting with army officers posted along PoK, or the Sarpanch of the northern most village of India: Turtuk, or the island administration in Andaman, or the understanding means to use communication as an effective tool to combat insurgency situation in North east( we visited Manipur and Meghalaya - attachment with Assam rifles). This is just a gist.

Apart from the above, by working out activities in groups, you hone your leadership skills and crisis management (we had one in which we were almost stranded in Baratang island in Andaman). These are soft skills that you pick up while working in groups that you carry for lifetime and will aid in becoming better administrators than books and classroom assignments.

I havent been able to add the official engagements as I didnt take video footage of the same. Where ever we explored nature and trekked, I captured as much as possible and my attempt was to depict that- the culture, and nature.

This video just gives a glimpse of the diversity of experience you can hope to attain as a civil servant. And I believe that will motivate many. This exam is a tough nut to crack and one needs uplifting and motivating stories to keep one on track. I made this video last year, but decided to share it here after seeing many comments I got on my video, of how it had motivated them to study with a greater zeal.
    ·
  • @Einstein10 You got another reason to put IIS at much above in DAF.
    ·
  • It is my 8th preference.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
    ·
  • Despacito said:

Thank you for putting this up :)
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·
  • Despacito said:

@Despacito This was beautiful :blush:
    Soothing music, apt for the video.
    I loved the quote, " Sometimes when you lose your way, you find yourself". :relaxed:
    Thanks a lot for sharing this. :blush:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Despacito said:

are you photographer ?
    ·
  • Thank you! Happy you enjoyed it @Queen
    Queen said:

Despacito said:

@Despacito This was beautiful :blush:
    Soothing music, apt for the video.
    I loved the quote, " Sometimes when you lose your way, you find yourself". :relaxed:
    Thanks a lot for sharing this. :blush:
    ·
  • Haha.. no. Not a photographer. @fakeid
    fakeid said:

Despacito said:

are you photographer ?
    ·
  • edited July 15
    @Despacito I wish I had some video for the customs service. But our bharat darshan or as we officially call it, OJT, and foreign attachment were fun. It lasted only 4 months though. :'( .

Also, nice to see you on forum, Manisha.
    परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
    धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे |
    IRS(Customs and Central Excise) Probationer
    AIR-412 CSE 2014 | AIR - 450 CSE 2016 |
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog