ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Insights secure or Insights editorial or Mains Marathon

I'm really confused about which one to read - insights secure compilation or insights editorial(Oct 2016 onwards)? Also could someone also throw some light on forum material. Have read only secure before,so I have no clue about forum mains marathon. I also intend to follow vision mains 365. Keeping time limit in mind, what could be the best possible one? I want to keep the sources as less as possible and focus on revision n answer writing. So kindly suggest.

Comments

• Pls anyone reply
    I too hav same doubt.
    Last year followed vision mains 365 only
  • secure compilation acha hai and everyday insight post answ writing question and some people post there answ. plz follow that method for mains
  • I'm doing all three + forum editorials. :D
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • @DrKingSchuItz how to manage optional and answer writing then? N that leaves less time for revision too.
  • Moreover, speed and focus are not the same on all days n every hour and managing stress n health has become an issue for me.
  • I'm doing all three + forum editorials. :D

Plz tell us how do u find the time to do all those. How much time do u allot for that? Do u answer all the questions in Insights secure or only a select few
  • @DrKingSchuItz how to manage optional and answer writing then? N that leaves less time for revision too.

You're correct. I think it works if you have a good reading speed and have already followed current affairs.
    For example, I do around 100-120 pages a day of editorials. Will finish them tomorrow, revise on the weekend.
    Then one secure compilation a day, which means 2 weeks for GS23 secure. Adding forum ones in between (same month together), it means 3 weeks overall, including revision on weekends.

I devote around 3 hours to the optional.
    I'm not writing anything at present. Once I'm roughly done with the optional and GS syllabus (around 15th August), I'll start writing tests etc. and revise, mug up etc etc.

Solid 8 hours toh we have to give, otherwise it's not possible.
  • Moreover, speed and focus are not the same on all days n every hour and managing stress n health has become an issue for me.

Don't take too much tension. Confidence and clarity of thought are more important than knowledge.
    Just make a plan and stick to it.

Choose either secure or mains marathon and the complementary editorials - secure and forum's editorials, or mains marathon and insights editorials.

If this is your first mains, then please please make your optional rock solid. A 300 in the optional is a sure shot ticket to the list (unless you're terribly unlucky or mess up a paper/interview).
    Focus on optional should always be greater than that on GS.
  • chaitanya said:

I'm doing all three + forum editorials. :D

Plz tell us how do u find the time to do all those. How much time do u allot for that? Do u answer all the questions in Insights secure or only a select few
    I don't "answer" any. I read the question. If it's worth devoting time to, I think of all the points that I know related to the question. Then I highlight the ones I couldn't recall and add the ones that I know but are not there in the secure answer. That's pretty much it. :)
  • I am following insight (editorial+secure+rs tv lstv compilation) and forum marathon too.
    I found insight secure better and diverse than forum marathon.
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • @DrKingSchuItz thanks for your suggestions. Speed does matter a lot n varies from person to person. U just gave me the push I v much needed. Thank you.
  • chaitanya said:

I don't "answer" any. I read the question. If it's worth devoting time to, I think of all the points that I know related to the question. Then I highlight the ones I couldn't recall and add the ones that I know but are not there in the secure answer. That's pretty much it. :)
    This is correct approach.
    Usain bolt
  • @DrKingSchuItz thanks for your suggestions. Speed does matter a lot n varies from person to person. U just gave me the push I v much needed. Thank you.

Welcome. All the best. :)
    Usainbolt said:

chaitanya said:

Thanks Usainbhai, 'ssup?

Usainbolt said:

chaitanya said:

Thanks Usainbhai, 'ssup?
    Badiya hain Dr sahab..
    Aapka final list mai naa dekh dukh hua..
    I am sure dis year you will do it.
    Usain bolt
  • Usainbolt said:

@DrKingSchuItz thanks for your suggestions. Speed does matter a lot n varies from person to person. U just gave me the push I v much needed. Thank you.

Usainbolt said:

chaitanya said:

Thanks Usainbhai, 'ssup?
    Badiya hain Dr sahab..
    Hmm, dukh toh hua tha mujhe bhi.
    Chaliye koi nai, let's get inside this time around. :)
  • how is shankar ias magazine?
  • Mindpas aur editorials krlo bss
  • @DrKingSchultz with which month secure synopsis to start with? January or from last year's wala?
  • even_odd said:

@DrKingSchultz with which month secure synopsis to start with? January or from last year's wala?

I am thinking of doing it from last October.
  • Can anyone provide link of secure compilation of last year oct/Nov/dec??
    Thanks
    Rail babu...CSE 2014
  • how is Target Mains questions of civils daily? they have stopped after may 14 .. any idea if they vll resume them soon?
  • @DrKingSchuItz @DrKingSchultz @DrKingSchultz_old
    pls tell me source for the following mentioned below

1- Paper I- for social issue + world history
    2- Paper II & III - for static portion
    3- Ethics - I am having lexicon + Subharoa ( what else )
    4- For current affiar -Monthly magzines or other special mains issues anything like that u have

pls help me
    thanks in advance
    Once human now a dog bho bho
  • Usainbolt said:

@DrKingSchuItz thanks for your suggestions. Speed does matter a lot n varies from person to person. U just gave me the push I v much needed. Thank you.

Usainbolt said:

chaitanya said:

Thanks Usainbhai, 'ssup?
    Badiya hain Dr sahab..
    Hmm, dukh toh hua tha mujhe bhi.
    Chaliye koi nai, let's get inside this time around. :)
    U made me remember my very close frnd who was topper in college.. I just followed his trick and got cleared my supliiisssss.
    Aspiring to be an IAS
  • edited July 7

even_odd said:

@DrKingSchultz with which month secure synopsis to start with? January or from last year's wala?

I am thinking of doing it from last October.
    @DrKingSchuItz ,Buddy plz tell how and way of finshing the secure compilations..?
    Aspiring to be an IAS
  • @DrKingSchuItz ...bhai can u plz suggest only one or two of them....as getting all of them done is not possible for me.....

You're correct. I think it works if you have a good reading speed and have already followed current affairs.
    For example, I do around 100-120 pages a day of editorials. Will finish them tomorrow, revise on the weekend.
    Then one secure compilation a day, which means 2 weeks for GS23 secure. Adding forum ones in between (same month together), it means 3 weeks overall, including revision on weekends.

I'm not writing anything at present. Once I'm roughly done with the optional and GS syllabus (around 15th August), I'll start writing tests etc. and revise, mug up etc etc.

Hi Dr,

A few quick questions on your above post - when you say 100-120 pages a day of editorials, are you going through each day's post of Insights on editorials one by one or is there a monthly compilation somewhere ?

One secure compilation a day - one month's compilation of a particular GS paper, right ?

Thanks in advance!
  • edited July 9
    @DrKingSchuItz reply pls
  • JR2017 said:

@DrKingSchuItz how to manage optional and answer writing then? N that leaves less time for revision too.

Hi Dr,

A few quick questions on your above post - when you say 100-120 pages a day of editorials, are you going through each day's post of Insights on editorials one by one or is there a monthly compilation somewhere ?

One secure compilation a day - one month's compilation of a particular GS paper, right ?

Thanks in advance!
    They have monthly compilations
    http://www.insightsonindia.com/downloads/

Download from here
  • sc said:

JR2017 said:

@DrKingSchuItz how to manage optional and answer writing then? N that leaves less time for revision too.

Hi Dr,

Thanks in advance!
    They have monthly compilations
    http://www.insightsonindia.com/downloads/

Download from here
    Thanks a tonne champ!
  • I have done all, and here is my take.

Insights editorials + Mains Marathon.+ Vision Magazine for topic listing
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog