Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

4,5,6 Attempters Study Community

(Kindly Avoid chatting here, use inbox)

Hi,
As the name of the discussion suggests this thread is created specifically for people who are refusing to give up .
1. Firstly here each member is expected to open a new profile (optional but preferable)
2. All those people who are going to take the plunge next year, who have somehow not been able to clear prelims in past attempts, failed mains or have not been able to get there names in the final list after putting 3-4 or more years into this prepration.
3. main purpose of this thread is not to waste the comming 6 months applicable for those who are seeing a bleak chance of clearing prelims this year or may be failing.
4. People who are writing mains this year but after 4-5 years into prepration are unable to find the rythm , zeal etc

What i propose -
1.Repeating again this is no-chit chat, No personal interaction thread.
2. Members are expected to give a monthly plan i.e what they expect themselves to do and post daily progress. Which is very important for those who wish to take another non-working aka off year.
3. The plan is not limited to reading newspapers and ncerts but any other fiction/non-fiction book they wish to read. If working/ searching for job/ appearing for other exams side by side then also they are expected to know what they are going to do in a particular month and how they wish to approach it.
4. Main purpose if "knowing " what you are doing , keeping track that if you wish to take 2-3 months off then it has to be 2-3 months and how you wish to use that off time.
5. So kindly start today. Prepare a plan, make a new id , mention your plan and what you expect to do on a daily basis. And if possible update twice a day how much progress you have made so far.

Why-
I have been to interview once and have been failing prelims consistently since then.
After seeing that i am myself not able to pick up studies with the same zeal although i am fully sure of writing exam next year , a borderline case this year. Facing the same days and nights knowing that if i am in the race even for next year, i should keep going. I am facing a certain monotonous lonesome time which is filled with overthinking.
And i know i am not alone in this there are many sincere aspirants who for some reason take longer than others.

So here i propose to find atleast 3-4 serious , regular aspirants who have it in them to rise from the ashes. Time to act and be optimistic. Let us try to learn from each other and get things on track.

I shall post my monthly plan in a while. ThankYou for reading.

·

Comments

• Hello.
    This was my third attempt.. and i dont know whether I am gonna clear or not yet m keeping the hope alive. One of those borderline cases. So after much slag i have started studying again, because right now only that is in our hands.
    My plan for this month upto result will be to revise and do answer writing for a major portion of my optional (psir) and mean while i am planning to read The Clash Of Civilizations by Samuel P Huntington (username inspired :mrgreen: )
    ·
  • hi makes a whats app group.share ur number
    ·
  • hi makes a whats app group.share ur number

Sorry first members have to be regular here , serious members may form a group according to their own preferences. I would choose to be a part of any such group only after some time. ThankYou for your interest. Keep such queries to inbox if you may.
    ·
  • My broad plan-
    1.Writing 2 tests each of gs mains paper 1,2 in this month.
    Hence starting world history, indian history. Making short notes from current affairs starting march section/syllabus wise
    2.Writing 4 essays in this month (1 essay each week)
    3.Startig and Finishing india after gandhi.
    4. Being regular with 1 hour news discussions
    ·
  • first of all a thread that i would really like to be part of..
    This was my 4th attempt and i know ,that i won't make it to mains..
    suffering from viral right now and also mentally tired of preparation..
    i would be taking part in the discussions but won't be able to comment regularly.
    @"Roll One " -good initiative buddy.

·
  • edited July 5
    Achchi thinking hai bhai bus maintain kar lena isey regularly . Kyoki aise initiatives hotey to roj hain, tiktey hue nai dekha yaha koi.
    Not demotivating u.
    Sach to ye h ki jo thaka hua feel kr rahe hain, vo kar hi Kyo rahe hain tayari, unhe sochna chahiye pehle to?
    Agar aapke pichey ek Sher daud raha ho aapko khaaney aur aap full speed bht der se bhaag rahe ho, to 2 min ke liye khadey hokar Sher se ye to nai bol saktey na ki thoda ruk jaa, saans le lu pehle, thak gaya hu.
    Kehne ka mtlb ye hai ki jo aadmi bhag raha h, vo tb tk bhagega jb tak ya to usko apni jaan pyaari hai ya fir uski jaan baaki hai. Usi Tara upsc ke lie vohi end tk tikega jisko ya to afsari pyaari hai ya to koi back up nai aur agey barbadi ke idea hain. Thakaan ka yaha koi kaam nahi.

Agar koi admi thaka hua hai aur ye initiative follow b krta h to usme b vo 3sre din se thaka hua hi feel karega.

To bhai, better hai ki sab shanti se baitho, khud ko analyse karo aur decide karo why u want to give this exam.

Baki I wish best fr people on this initiative.
    Initiative ka kabhi akaal nai padta is forum pe, bs consistency ka padta h.
    what up biatch ?

·
  • Achchi thinking hai bhai bus maintain kar lena isey regularly . Kyoki aise initiatives hotey to roj hain, tiktey hue nai dekha yaha koi.
    Not demotivating u.
    Sach to ye h ki jo thaka hua feel kr rahe hain, vo kar hi Kyo rahe hain tayari, unhe sochna chahiye pehle to?
    Agar aapke pichey ek Sher daud raha ho aapko khaaney aur aap full speed bht der se bhaag rahe ho, to 2 min ke liye khadey hokar Sher se ye to nai bol saktey na ki thoda ruk jaa, saans le lu pehle, thak gaya hu.
    Kehne ka mtlb ye hai ki jo aadmi bhag raha h, vo tb tk bhagega jb tak ya to usko apni jaan pyaari hai ya fir uski jaan baaki hai. Usi Tara upsc ke lie vohi end tk tikega jisko ya to afsari pyaari hai ya to koi back up nai aur agey barbadi ke idea hain. Thakaan ka yaha koi kaam nahi.

Agar koi admi thaka hua hai aur ye initiative follow b krta h to usme b vo 3sre din se thaka hua hi feel karega.

To bhai, better hai ki sab shanti se baitho, khud ko analyse karo aur decide karo why u want to give this exam.

sher picche daud rha hai...jo log thake hue hai wo prepare hi kyu kar rhe hai...yeh saari lines sunne mai acchii hai lekin reality mai inka koi relevance nhi hai....

why don't we get practical and think of it just as an another exam instead of making it a life and death situation..
    , also it is totally normal to be tired,if you think you can prepare for 4 year without getting mentally tired, then either you are lying or haven't been through a rigorous journey of hardwork.
    (even lions get tired-just like we humans do)

This is an exam,take it like one-don't get emotionally attach to it

NOTHING personal but felt like replying after reading "sher waali line".

Best of luck for your future preparation and hope that you show same enthusiasm throughout your prep.

peace :smile:

·
  • Achchi thinking hai bhai bus maintain kar lena isey regularly . Kyoki aise initiatives hotey to roj hain, tiktey hue nai dekha yaha koi.
    Not demotivating u.

sher picche daud rha hai...jo log thake hue hai wo prepare hi kyu kar rhe hai...yeh saari lines sunne mai acchii hai lekin reality mai inka koi relevance nhi hai....

why don't we get practical and think of it just as an another exam instead of making it a life and death situation..
    , also it is totally normal to be tired,if you think you can prepare for 4 year without getting mentally tired, then either you are lying or haven't been through a rigorous journey of hardwork.
    (even lions get tired-just like we humans do)

This is an exam,take it like one-don't get emotionally attach to it

NOTHING personal but felt like replying after reading "sher waali line".

Best of luck for your future preparation and hope that you show same enthusiasm throughout your prep.

peace :smile:

haan bhai, sahi baat hai. my apologies...
    what up biatch ?

·
  • To my band of brothers,sab dimaag ka khel hain, its all in the mind..fake it till you make it...this preparation if gets extended will definitely bring out some interesting outcomes if we have an eye for it.

khud ko charge rakhna lamba time ke liye mushkil hain par khud ke saath honesty and internet ka sadupayog will definitely bring you back on track.

Guilt free hoke break lena sikh lo
    *Your* tears! *Your* blood! Your *pathetic* lives forged into something of worth
    ·
  • To my band of brothers,sab dimaag ka khel hain, its all in the mind..fake it till you make it...this preparation if gets extended will definitely bring out some interesting outcomes if we have an eye for it.

khud ko charge rakhna lamba time ke liye mushkil hain par khud ke saath honesty and internet ka sadupayog will definitely bring you back on track.

Guilt free hoke break lena sikh lo

+120
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • Sab buddhe log aagaye yaha pe. Chalo hum bhi isi senior citizen category k hain. :D :D :D
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
    ·
  • Sab buddhe log aagaye yaha pe. Chalo hum bhi isi senior citizen category k hain. :D :D :D

Hum bhi. :D
    Par ye dil abhi jawaan hai. :sunglasses:
    Prelims: 4*. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
    ·
  • M not buddha... But m here... :smile:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Queen said:

M not buddha... But m here... :smile:

If 24 + then u r Buddha's or budhhi , a/c 2 upsc standard.. :D
    ·
  • Queen said:

:joy:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Queen said:

:)
    ·
  • Pata hi nai chala kaise umar nikal gai ;)
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
    ·
  • Well this thread is not meant for the negativities to surround yourself and seeing any member postig here as 'senior' , budda etc
    I am myself 25 years old and started prepration in 2014 only yet 4 attempts already given.
    So dear all , cheer up!
    Have a broder outlook of the month and contibute in posting daily.
    No matter how less you studied or did not study at all. At least have a track of your progress.
    ·
  • Hi, fellow "buddha" here..
    Nice to see people going thro similar emotions and insecurity issues :)

·
  • Caravan of life went by, and I kept gazing.
    Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
    ·
  • (Kindly Avoid chatting here, use inbox)

Hi,
    As the name of the discussion suggests this thread is created specifically for people who are refusing to give up .
    1. Firstly here each member is expected to open a new profile (optional but preferable)
    2. All those people who are going to take the plunge next year, who have somehow not been able to clear prelims in past attempts, failed mains or have not been able to get there names in the final list after putting 3-4 or more years into this prepration.
    3. main purpose of this thread is not to waste the comming 6 months applicable for those who are seeing a bleak chance of clearing prelims this year or may be failing.
    4. People who are writing mains this year but after 4-5 years into prepration are unable to find the rythm , zeal etc

What i propose -
    2. Members are expected to give a monthly plan i.e what they expect themselves to do and post daily progress. Which is very important for those who wish to take another non-working aka off year.
    3. The plan is not limited to reading newspapers and ncerts but any other fiction/non-fiction book they wish to read. If working/ searching for job/ appearing for other exams side by side then also they are expected to know what they are going to do in a particular month and how they wish to approach it.
    4. Main purpose if "knowing " what you are doing , keeping track that if you wish to take 2-3 months off then it has to be 2-3 months and how you wish to use that off time.
    5. So kindly start today. Prepare a plan, make a new id , mention your plan and what you expect to do on a daily basis. And if possible update twice a day how much progress you have made so far.

Why-
    I have been to interview once and have been failing prelims consistently since then.
    After seeing that i am myself not able to pick up studies with the same zeal although i am fully sure of writing exam next year , a borderline case this year. Facing the same days and nights knowing that if i am in the race even for next year, i should keep going. I am facing a certain monotonous lonesome time which is filled with overthinking.
    And i know i am not alone in this there are many sincere aspirants who for some reason take longer than others.

So here i propose to find atleast 3-4 serious , regular aspirants who have it in them to rise from the ashes. Time to act and be optimistic. Let us try to learn from each other and get things on track.

@"Roll One "

Your courage is worth appreciating. Count me it.

Though it is sure that any such plan cannot happen here at ForumIAS. People behave in a very unaccountable manner give passer's by comments. I would suggest we make a Google Group, since many of us will not be on Chat Apps.

Some of my realizations for the Time I've spent here.
    1. Somebody will surely crack and get a rank and each year there are people who surprise us with their selection but I have found one common characteristic in all of the.
    "Self Centered Approach" and ruthless pursuit to finish their daily targets.
    2. Whatever they read and saw, they were able to put it to use.
    I read a lot of books(general readings included) but it was not done to made in to some notes for a subject/issue but rather enriching my inherent knowledge base. This
    3. We now stand at a point in our lives that not having a Plan B (read not taking a job asap) is next to impossible. The resources have all dried up, the relationships have all soured down.
    I am giving NABARD as my next exam.
    4. I have not doubt in my mind that the goal is reachable, it is surely within bounds but it will require nothing short of our best, nothing short of absolute best we have to offer.
    5. Facing the life "Head-On" is the only option right now. There is no escape, by shifting to a new place, new city, making new friends, going out for a hill trek, nothing will work. What will work is sitting down and completely changing ourselves from within. We will have to work our way inward.

I wish you all the best, even if this initiatives fails in the midst.
    If you are serious about the Google Groups idea let me know, I will make one and invite others.

ArunShourie1989.
    ·
  • Keep me updated if this shifts to other platform.

A small, motivated, impersonal group is what I am seeking too.
    ·
  • edited July 5

(Kindly Avoid chatting here, use inbox)

Hi,

What i propose -

Why-

@"Roll One "

Though it is sure that any such plan cannot happen here at ForumIAS. People behave in a very unaccountable manner give passer's by comments. I would suggest we make a Google Group, since many of us will not be on Chat Apps.

1. Somebody will surely crack and get a rank and each year there are people who surprise us with their selection but I have found one common characteristic in all of the.
    I read a lot of books(general readings included) but it was not done to made in to some notes for a subject/issue but rather enriching my inherent knowledge base. This
    3. We now stand at a point in our lives that not having a Plan B (read not taking a job asap) is next to impossible. The resources have all dried up, the relationships have all soured down.
    4. I have not doubt in my mind that the goal is reachable, it is surely within bounds but it will require nothing short of our best, nothing short of absolute best we have to offer.
    5. Facing the life "Head-On" is the only option right now. There is no escape, by shifting to a new place, new city, making new friends, going out for a hill trek, nothing will work. What will work is sitting down and completely changing ourselves from within. We will have to work our way inward.

If you are serious about the Google Groups idea let me know, I will make one and invite others.

ArunShourie1989.
    Thanks for the post . I am also filling NABARD and yes plan B is important .
    I am currently applying at some institutes as i can afford to study along with some job till feb-march next year .
    Will keep updating about my studies on this thread atleast for a month or so.
    Once i execute my this month's target only then will form a group with other regular ones. One reason is helping the others to start acting instead of worrying.
    Dear All kindly fill other govt job forms, ignou ma,mphil, read some non syllabus books . Cheer up.
    ·
  • *Typos.
    Wrote almost in half asleep mode.
    ·
  • (Kindly Avoid chatting here, use inbox)

Hi,

What i propose -

Why-

@"Roll One "

ArunShourie1989.
    please make any group , +1 from my side .
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog