Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS
   

ALL COMMERCE OPTIONAL ASPIRANTS GATHER HERE

Hello friends,
I request all the commerce optional students to gather here and share their strategy and sources for Mains 2017. Let us all combine our efforts and maximise our chances of getting a good score in commerce this year. Also share your commerce 2016 score if you appeared last year.
All the best.. :)
·
«1

Comments

  • I got only 200 marks last year...screwed it up badly..specially the 10 markers. Kindly share your sources and strategies.
    Thanks.
    ·
  • Hi Arpit,

    Hopefully, this would be my first Mains. I haven't been able to start my prep for Mains but am aiming to do so in a day or two. My strategy is to work on the 2 optional papers (Commerce in this case) till the Prelim results are out.

    Since you gave the Mains last year, would it be possible to put down in this thread the books / sources you had referred to and any strategies / tips which you would want to give us ?

    Thanks in advance!
    ·
  • JR2017 said:

    Hi Arpit,

    Hopefully, this would be my first Mains. I haven't been able to start my prep for Mains but am aiming to do so in a day or two. My strategy is to work on the 2 optional papers (Commerce in this case) till the Prelim results are out.

    Since you gave the Mains last year, would it be possible to put down in this thread the books / sources you had referred to and any strategies / tips which you would want to give us ?

    Thanks in advance!

    I also gave my first mains last year. I'll share whatever little knowledge i have.
    I mostly referred to Rankers material for both Paper I&II. Apart from this i did Singh and Chabra(Selective) for OT & OB and did FM from RP Rustagi.
    Hope it helps... :)
    ·
  • Hi Arpit,

    Thanks for the info. I did some search on google today and came across this post by J Snehaja (Rank 103 in 2015); it has some very good info

    Source for below: http://www.insightsonindia.com/2016/05/23/toppers-strategy-j-snehaja-rank-103-failed-in-two-prelims-scored-third-highest-interview-score-206-in-2015/

    These are the books that i followed for commerce!
    Commerce paper 1
    Audit, accounts and costing- ICAI IPCC study material
    Tax-TN Manoharan book for ipcc (alternative Girish Ahuja book)
    FM- Rustogi

    Commerce paper 2:
    OB and OT- Chabbra
    HRM- VSP Rao
    I supplemented these books with Rankers notes and current issues.

    Try to practice problems and give equal attention to both papers! I used lot of flowcharts wherever possible. In paper 2 try to give answers in point format with good intro and conclusion. Try to quote relevant examples wherever possible. Hope this helps :) good luck!
    ·
  • Another post which might be helpful with regards to the book list and preparation strategy
    http://mrunal.org/2015/01/upsc-mains-commerce-accountancy-topper-strategy-booklist-raj-karan.html
    ·
  • any good coaching institute for Commerce and Accounting ???? please guide
    RiTvIg
    ·
  • any good coaching institute for Commerce and Accounting ???? please guide

    Rankers classes and Vajiram in delhi..
    ·
  • @JR2017 @ArpitGoel any one of u have joined test serias at ranker
    pls share papers
    if any one ready for answer writing group
    Once human now a dog bho bho
    ·
  • how is the performance of Commerce and accounting last year ...any idea ???
    RiTvIg
    ·
  • Does anyone have pdf book of Singh and Chhabra ,Rastogi, or CB Gupta?????
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
    ·
  • @JR2017 @ArpitGoel any one of u have joined test serias at ranker
    pls share papers
    if any one ready for answer writing group

    Hey, haven't joined anything champ! Just started to look out for the books to read and other sources. It looks that you are well into your optional prep; if that is so then could you please advise the ones (liike me!) who are just starting their prep with regards to the book / materials / time it might take to cover one reading of the syllabus and the likes. Thanks a lot in advance champ!!
    ·
  • Hi! guys check out this link I found it good:-

    http://commerceforias.com/useful-resources/
    ·
  • does previous year qs repeat in C&A optional?
    ·
  • hey does anyone know a good test series for C&A optional mains 2017?please let know
    ·
  • farishta said:

    Hi! guys check out this link I found it good:-

    http://commerceforias.com/useful-resources/

    Thanks a lot!
    ·
  • farishta said:

    does previous year qs repeat in C&A optional?

    Yes they do,sometimes, especially in Paper 1. They are not repeated, per se, but similar types of questions are certainly asked.
    ·
  • hey does anyone know a good test series for C&A optional mains 2017?please let know

    Last year i joined two test series for commerce (Vajiram and Rankers). I found Rankers test series more useful... :)
    ·
  • Can anyone please suggest some good books (for reference) for HRM and Industrial relations.

    Thanks...:)
    ·
  • ArpitGoel said:

    Can anyone please suggest some good books (for reference) for HRM and Industrial relations.

    Thanks...:)

    For HRM, I have come across books by VSP Rao, CB Gupta. For IR, Rankers materials is been referred to.

    Would you have any views on the below notes by Rankers ?
    http://notesindia.in/product/rankers-classes-commerce-optional-printed-notes-2017-18/

    Thanks in advance!
    ·
  • @ias_985 , aa jaao bhau.
    Prelims: 4*. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." - P.L.1
    ·
  • edited July 7

    @ias_985 , aa jaao bhau.

    @DrKingSchultz Thanks!
    ·
  • JR2017 said:

    ArpitGoel said:

    Can anyone please suggest some good books (for reference) for HRM and Industrial relations.

    Thanks...:)

    For HRM, I have come across books by VSP Rao, CB Gupta. For IR, Rankers materials is been referred to.

    Would you have any views on the below notes by Rankers ?
    http://notesindia.in/product/rankers-classes-commerce-optional-printed-notes-2017-18/

    Thanks in advance!
    Bhai i myself have not seen the latest notes till now. So i cannot say if they are original or not. Will go to Delhi in few days then only i can tell.
    ·
  • ArpitGoel said:

    JR2017 said:

    ArpitGoel said:

    Can anyone please suggest some good books (for reference) for HRM and Industrial relations.

    Thanks...:)

    For HRM, I have come across books by VSP Rao, CB Gupta. For IR, Rankers materials is been referred to.

    Would you have any views on the below notes by Rankers ?
    http://notesindia.in/product/rankers-classes-commerce-optional-printed-notes-2017-18/

    Thanks in advance!
    Bhai i myself have not seen the latest notes till now. So i cannot say if they are original or not. Will go to Delhi in few days then only i can tell.
    Get i! Thanks for replying!
    ·
  • ArpitGoel said:

    Can anyone please suggest some good books (for reference) for HRM and Industrial relations.

    Thanks...:)

    CB gupta for HRM
    Singh and Chhabra for OB n OT
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog