Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

GEOGRAPHY Test series

This thread is intend to discuss geography questions? answer writing technique, linking current issue with syllabus, suggesting contemporary article relevant to dynamic topics like political aspect,contemporary issues, economic geography etc. Those who r interested please assemble here so that we can minimize our time on hunting such vast & uncertain topic.
·

Comments

• which geography test series are u attempting ?
    I am a bit confused about which one to attempt?
    U preparing for mains 2017 ?
    ·
  • srysh said:

This thread is intend to discuss geography questions? answer writing technique, linking current issue with syllabus, suggesting contemporary article relevant to dynamic topics like political aspect,contemporary issues, economic geography etc. Those who r interested please assemble here so that we can minimize our time on hunting such vast & uncertain topic.

First change the title it's look confusing , OK from today I will be active participant on this thread... B)
    ·
  • srysh said:

First change the title it's look confusing , OK from today I will be active participant on this thread... B)
    +1
    ·
  • Good effort by forum ias
    ·
  • @akhileshkumar
    M not joining test series for geography.
    yes,m preparing for mains 2017,will write previous geography question paper & test series from Majid hussain.

·
  • sleepingkabutar
    Dont know how to change title. anyway welcome to group.
    keep posting question paper of different institute test series so that everyone here will get benefit of variety of questions.
    ·
  • edited July 2
    Today's question .
    Pulse cultivation in India has witnessed a shift from northern and eastern states to southern and central states. Give reason for this and also suggest ways to increase pulse production in India in the light of increasing pulse price.

Please write ur answer structure & points B) , I will 2 write it.
    ·
  • The geography answer writing 2017 thread has been revived better we write on it than making multiple thread.
    ·
  • Today's question .
    Pulse cultivation in India has witnessed a shift from northern and eastern states to southern and central states. Give reason for this and also suggest ways to increase pulse production in India in the light of increasing pulse price.

This would have been my structure in exam
    Intro : would start with how demand exceeds supply in India (data I remember) and how it's important for nutritional security (protein) for largely vegetarian India

Body : Don't really know the reason behind the shift. Most probably I would have written about better infrastructure, marketing, irrigation facilities, roads and transport. lesser fragmentation of land in south.

Maybe logistics cost will be less in storage and export as southern states have ready acess to ports

Small India map to indicate shifting

Ways to increase pulse production
    - rasing MSP
    - raising awareness among farmers about nitrogen fixing ability of pulses and hence lesser use of fertilisers, less cost of production
    - aravind subramaniam reccomendation (export)
    - developing futures market for pulses
    - investing in R&D, high yielding variety; More disease and drought-resistant varieties;short crop duration varieties.
    - development of infrastructure and blah blah

8 min mein itne se zyaada nahi likh sakta :D
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
    ·
  • edited July 2

Today's question .

Intro : would start with how demand exceeds supply in India (data I remember) and how it's important for nutritional security (protein) for largely vegetarian India

Body : Don't really know the reason behind the shift. Most probably I would have written about better infrastructure, marketing, irrigation facilities, roads and transport. lesser fragmentation of land in south.

Maybe logistics cost will be less in storage and export as southern states have ready acess to ports

- rasing MSP
    - raising awareness among farmers about nitrogen fixing ability of pulses and hence lesser use of fertilisers, less cost of production
    - investing in R&D, high yielding variety; More disease and drought-resistant varieties;short crop duration varieties.

Well written .
    I would like 2 add few points on the reason of shifting.
    - green revolution in north India led to prioritization to crops like rice , wheat , sugarcane.
    - Pulse suitable to dry land farming which is very characteristics of peninsular India rather than north and eastern India where water aviability r plenty.
    - Pulse can be grown in less fertile soil due to which they r suitable for peninsular India.
    - Closeness to port from both side due to shape of peninsular India provide it international exposure.

What can be done to increase pulse production .
    You have written all the points , so no addition B)
    ·
  • Today's question .

- rasing MSP

Well written .
    I would like 2 add few points on the reason of shifting.
    - green revolution in north India led to prioritization to crops like rice , wheat , sugarcane.
    - Pulse suitable to dry land farming which is very characteristics of peninsular India rather than north and eastern India where water aviability r plenty.
    - Pulse can be grown in less fertile soil due to which they r suitable for peninsular India.

- Closeness to port from both side due to shape of peninsular India provide it international exposure.

What can be done to increase pulse production .
    You have written all the points , so no addition B)
    Good points :)
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
    ·
  • Hello all, ias baba website starting geo tlp from 10 onwards, where daily targets will be given, last year I followed. If interested just have a look.
    ·
  • Which all classes offer online geography test series ?
    ·
  • Hello all, ias baba website starting geo tlp from 10 onwards, where daily targets will be given, last year I followed. If interested just have a look.

Will they check our answers or peer review?
    ·
  • edited July 6
    Hi everyone. I have a query. Can one finish the part B of paper one be done in 10 days to write vision ias geo opt test paper. Planning to enroll. Or any other institutions in Delhi for geo opt test series on fixed timetable. Didnt studied optinal from almost 1 half yr. However this time I am not going to clear prelims. What is the the statergy to finish geo opt syllabus. Pls bhai log. Help me. This will be last attempt after gng against my parents wish. Or any test series who could I get serious aspirant to get finished the syllabus
    ·
  • Shad said:

Hello all, ias baba website starting geo tlp from 10 onwards, where daily targets will be given, last year I followed. If interested just have a look.

Will they check our answers or peer review?
    Last year it was peer review based but it helped me to complete syllabus on time, that is why suggested, if you don't have any other guidance, check for it.
    ·
  • <"Omiiisaid ">Hi everyone. I have a query. Can one finish the part B of paper one be done in 10 days to write vision ias geo opt test paper. Planning to enroll. Or any other institutions in Delhi for geo opt test series on fixed timetable. Didnt studied optinal from almost 1 half yr. However this time I am not going to clear prelims. What is the the statergy to finish geo opt syllabus. Pls bhai log. Help me. This will be last attempt after gng against my parents wish. Or any test series who could I get serious aspirant to get finished the syllabus <>
    Helllo ommiii,Finishing optional in 10 days is not an idealistic target as maximum it will take 15 days to prepare provided you have read it earlier,doesn't matter even if you read 1 halfyr. I think vision geog test contain sectionwise test ,prepare according to test syllabus rather than trying to complete whole paper in one go.
    keep practicing map that need consistent efforts and time.
    If dont have much time, U can discuss some topic(viz. political Aspect & contemporary isssues) with friends rather doing on ur own

·
  • Omiii said:

Hi everyone. I have a query. Can one finish the part B of paper one be done in 10 days to write vision ias geo opt test paper. Planning to enroll. Or any other institutions in Delhi for geo opt test series on fixed timetable. Didnt studied optinal from almost 1 half yr. However this time I am not going to clear prelims. What is the the statergy to finish geo opt syllabus. Pls bhai log. Help me. This will be last attempt after gng against my parents wish. Or any test series who could I get serious aspirant to get finished the syllabus

yes it's possible I am planning to do the same putting 6-7 hours per day varies from person to person....
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog