ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Crowdsourcing of anecdotes,examples,punchlines, statistics, innovative ideas etc.

What sets apart a great answer from good answer is how you have presented your facts in a way that examiner falls in " love at first sight". These value additions not only
Covers up for our mistakes but helps us gain those incremental marks in every question....
So I will kickstart the thread with some of these...Let me start with quotation...Jump in to make this thread a comprehensive compilation.

1. "The law barks at all but bites only the poor, the powerless, the illiterate,
the ignorant... Can be used in case study, judiciary...
2. Nothing is as permanent as a temporary govt program
3. One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions
rather than their results
4. you cannot shake hands with clinched fists --indira durga gandhi on indo
pak dialogue
5. price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the
price of change..... Use it in IR, govt policy etc.
6. "If you really think the environment is less important than the economy,try
holding your breath while you count your money
7. in a state ,where corruption abounds , laws must be numerous  (GST)
8. VOLTAIRE had once famously said"I Disapprove of what
you say but i will defend to death your right to say
it"... Ban,censor,trolling,Bharat tere tukde honge & stuff like that.
9. Any organisation that does not punish its poor performers punishes its high performers...Use it in ethics, 7th pay commission etc...
10. chankya : "corruption is inevitable just as it is impossible not taste honey that find itself at the tip of the tongue

Comments

• Trust,but verify-ronald Reagan.
    The rights of women are the unfinished business of the 21st century.-hillary Clinton
    The most affected due to global warming are the ones least responsible for it-vandana Shiva
    There is goodness everywhere-dolphins in the sea never leave their wounded ones(guruchran das)
    Poverty is the lack of opportunities-amsrtya sen
  • Nice thread.soon will add.
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • good initiative let's contribute
  • "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
    be a UPSC killer than a UPSC lover
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog