How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

Test series for pre 2018 insights or iasbaba or vision?

One year experience of prepration of upsc one time given pre.

Comments

• Pick any one vision / insight. N solve fulllength of the other
  • I'm going for baba I guess this time coz I tried Insights last time. Just for variety
    . We are what we do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
  • Avoid Iasbaba. I haven't solved their test series but if their 60 day plan is how they set their test series, it will mostly be unnecessary technical details which aren't needed in UPSC.
  • Catman said:

Avoid Iasbaba. I haven't solved their test series but if their 60 day plan is how they set their test series, it will mostly be unnecessary technical details which aren't needed in UPSC.

Do you find Insights better then? Do you have any idea of Civilsdaily?
  • Catman said:

Avoid Iasbaba. I haven't solved their test series but if their 60 day plan is how they set their test series, it will mostly be unnecessary technical details which aren't needed in UPSC.

Do you find Insights better then? Do you have any idea of Civilsdaily?
    I found Vision of this year to be the most relevant with respect to the actual paper. No idea of civilsdaily, sorry.
  • I'm going for baba I guess this time coz I tried Insights last time. Just for variety

try insights this year, timetable is too comprehensive and modified
    1st Attempt: 2018

Link for insights mains time table??
  • i can give my review based on Ias baba 60 days vs insights test series(last 4 full tests). considering this years prelims i found ias baba more relevant than insights.

Just to mention i took full time prelims series at forum ias
    2015: pelims p1 62
    2016: pelims p1 114 mains 726
    2017: prelims p1 116.66 (forum key)
  • i am a fresher. how is ias4sure's prelims guarantee program .. I need something with detailed plan and continuos guidance.. doe insisghts provide mentor support in their prelims schedule?

help me guys.. iam from remote area.. can not go to coaching..
  • Rohit.B said:

i am a fresher. how is ias4sure's prelims guarantee program .. I need something with detailed plan and continuos guidance.. doe insisghts provide mentor support in their prelims schedule?

help me guys.. iam from remote area.. can not go to coaching..

never heard of it... follow either visions/insights/ias baba test plan....you can easily get their test as people share them regularly
    2015: pelims p1 62
    2016: pelims p1 114 mains 726
    2017: prelims p1 116.66 (forum key)

I've compared it to last years (and I was in it last year) and I don't find any significant difference. They've not made it properly subject based, just split up the NCERTS and books. From my previous experience, leaving standard books for last 6 months is not smart, which has happened again. They have started only Ramesh Singh by august as NCERT is just too basic for economy. Once the IYB and economic survey come you will be hard pressed for time as they are voluminous or complex for some.
    The question standard is OK. It could have been more conceptual, but maybe they have learned now.

In the end I will buy their series just to solve questions but I'm not following their schedule, it doesn't suit my style.
    All you people should decide based on your own capacity. I've decided not to buy any test series now.

I've compared it to last years (and I was in it last year) and I don't find any significant difference. They've not made it properly subject based, just split up the NCERTS and books. From my previous experience, leaving standard books for last 6 months is not smart, which has happened again. They have started only Ramesh Singh by august as NCERT is just too basic for economy. Once the IYB and economic survey come you will be hard pressed for time as they are voluminous or complex for some.
    The question standard is OK. It could have been more conceptual, but maybe they have learned now.

In the end I will buy their series just to solve questions but I'm not following their schedule, it doesn't suit my style.
    All you people should decide based on your own capacity. I've decided not to buy any test series now.

Upto you , but don't forget you are completing your optional and doing substantial amount of writing in the initial 6 months , people who have made their own schedule will complete pre syllabus by September and mains by December but still at the time of exam they would wish they had more 20 days .... So it doesn't matter ...
    At the end it's true what u said , do what suits you.
    1st Attempt: 2018
  • Insights full length tests before prelims were pathetic
    I haven't seen insights schedule this year but last year they scheduled various subjects together which I didnt found helpful

Vision with their subject specific tests are better in my opinion

No idea about ias baba
  • Anyone have idea about IAS today daily answer review programme..?? I am a fresher...Please say review about it

DOn't quIT :)

Working Professional
    2019 - 1st attempt
  • Vision helps you build concepts and then apply, also asks RELEVANT questions in CA. Last year I scored 104 without tests and this year 130 around with vision tests. Vision alone will make you sail through prelims provided you revise all tests in last week before 3rd June.

Forumias tests are also very high quality ones. You can do revision tests of insights later from their website.
  • If anyone is joining visionias 2018 prelims test series and is ready for cost sharing, please let me know.
    I am just an ordinary guy with nothing to loose
  • I had got some vision tests before Pre this year and toota hua dil is right, they were good for concepts. I don't expect test series to predict questions any more. I just want question to make us think.
    Logically thinking, we didn't expect that of JEE institutes did we and now because some institutes had a good hit rate for a couple years, we have started getting dependant.

So, as I was making a schedule, I felt that I wasn't giving adequate practice time, so I have bought baba's online all India series.
  • Catman said:

Same opinion; lot of unwanted or irrelevant data for upsc aspirants .
  • I have all TEST series vision + insights + Baba(VAN + tests) .. for 2018

Contact me at Telegram : @s9175038
  • Avail Chanakya's intensive and comprehensive Prelims Test Series in both English and Hindi Medium. The Test Series is available in 3 unique modes - Classroom, Online, and Postal.Packages starting from Rs. 4000/-

Enroll Now to have a real-time UPSC Prelims experience.
  • Avail Chanakya's intensive and comprehensive Prelims Test Series in both English and Hindi Medium. The Test Series is available in 3 unique modes - Classroom, Online, and Postal.Packages starting from Rs. 4000/-

Enroll Now to have a real-time UPSC Prelims experience.

bhaaak....tum logo k baare me bhut khani suni he, Chanakya ka naam lekr students ki life ko kyu spoil kr rhe bc.....kuch seekho vision walo se , goodwill earn kro, consumer experience ko priority do ve
    signature
  • Reviews for ForumIAS pre test series ? How much is the strength of test takers on an average.
  • Reviews for ForumIAS pre test series ?
  • Forumias & vision are at par... Choose anyone out of two but never ever try vajiram n Insight test series...
  • https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7cdSjg3peR2bwc2KFE571WcRMe3rK2Tip-HoHanlCo5edPQ/viewform - i have some clarification. if any of the test givers have given it already do let me know for discussion
  • me4IAS said:

Reviews for ForumIAS pre test series ?

Forum pre test series is quite good..good questions and close to 3000 people give them; the only negative is that some solutions are wrong and they do not provide any corrections.

If possible, try to do both forum and vision
  • sunny said:

Forumias & vision are at par... Choose anyone out of two but never ever try vajiram n Insight test series...

me4IAS said:

Reviews for ForumIAS pre test series ?

Forum pre test series is quite good..good questions and close to 3000 people give them; the only negative is that some solutions are wrong and they do not provide any corrections.

If possible, try to do both forum and vision
  • Insight pre test series is waste of time, they pickup questions directly from ncert and mostly questions are not of the standard of upsc....definitely vision test series is better than insights
  • Does anybody hv insight pre test series pdf for this year?
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog