Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS
   

public administration-4th attempt or +

xcsxcs
edited July 6 in Public Administration
I was just wondering ppl like me who have written mains with pub adm but havnt been able to make it. What is your strategy this year. I wrote my third mains with pub adm but marks have been only average...
·

Comments

  • I am thinking of joining lukmaan test series or their quality enrichment program
    ·
  • Areyy bhai anyone???
    ·
  • 3rd attempt...pub adm optional
    but dont know how to begin
    getting only 106.66 in prelims
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
    ·
  • 3rd attempt...pub adm optional
    but dont know how to begin
    getting only 106.66 in prelims
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
    ·
  • Gave 2 mains with PubAd. Got 140 & 165 in them. Very unhappy situation. I Keep thinking what made me take this being an Engineer?
    Could have got better marks with Maths or Lit with much lesser prep!
    ·
  • THis will be the 4th time with Pub Ad. Scored above 200 (collectively) but not good enough to get into IAS. Anyone making a study group? Need to start working on Pub Ad with fresh perspective. Any new book that is being suggested these days ? Something which will give perhaps some positivity and current affair to answer writing. I think my depression regarding tis optional gets shown in my answers as well
    ·
  • How it feels when you are jobless for 6 years

    ·
  • edited June 27
    @PS1000 lets make a group .i also got poor marks in pub ad this time .the thing is ,its not about studying too much its about examples and writing .my friend got 310 this time. And this was his approach..my score -240
    ·
  • Read 2-3 times Aribam for both papers. Think on current issues and develop some interlinking with paper 1. Write answers on public forums for reviews. You will get good marks.
    Has worked so far for me. Don't run behind too many sources. You won't be able to cover complete syllabus anyways.
    ·
  • edited June 27
    Any suggestions
    _vish_ said:

    Read 2-3 times Aribam for both papers. Think on current issues and develop some interlinking with paper 1. Write answers on public forums for reviews. You will get good marks.
    Has worked so far for me. Don't run behind too many sources. You won't be able to cover complete syllabus anyways.

    Any suggestions for pub adm in hindi medium... written 2 mains but failed because of below avg marks in pub adm.. around 200 marks i m getting both times..
    ·
  • _vish_ said:

    Read 2-3 times Aribam for both papers. Think on current issues and develop some interlinking with paper 1. Write answers on public forums for reviews. You will get good marks.
    Has worked so far for me. Don't run behind too many sources. You won't be able to cover complete syllabus anyways.

    Vish do we need to study Mohit Bhaata. line by line or we should take selective approach to it .
    I am begginer to this sub. pls enlightem me about how the newbie should approach this ruthless subject in terms of marking in the mains exam.

    ·
  • Just practise answer writing with examples....
    Reading reading is waste....
    Can cross 300 if u write with current examples
    ·
  • Any suggestions

    _vish_ said:

    Read 2-3 times Aribam for both papers. Think on current issues and develop some interlinking with paper 1. Write answers on public forums for reviews. You will get good marks.
    Has worked so far for me. Don't run behind too many sources. You won't be able to cover complete syllabus anyways.

    Any suggestions for pub adm in hindi medium... written 2 mains but failed because of below avg marks in pub adm.. around 200 marks i m getting both times..
    Bhai, I don't have much idea about Hindi medium. But if you can refer Aribam simultaneously for clarity, that should do the job. It reduces your workload of inter linking and is also easy to read.
    ·
  • mrng said:

    _vish_ said:

    Read 2-3 times Aribam for both papers. Think on current issues and develop some interlinking with paper 1. Write answers on public forums for reviews. You will get good marks.
    Has worked so far for me. Don't run behind too many sources. You won't be able to cover complete syllabus anyways.

    Vish do we need to study Mohit Bhaata. line by line or we should take selective approach to it .
    I am begginer to this sub. pls enlightem me about how the newbie should approach this ruthless subject in terms of marking in the mains exam.

    Don't waste your time on Mohit Bhattacharya initially. It has to be referred only when you have your basics strong. In best case, it will fetch you 20 extra marks but focusing on basics will give you 270+ anyways.

    Finish 2-3 times Aribam. Buy test series papers from market(if not joined) and answer qn in 3-4 points just to confirm that you have understood the context of question. You will also get some new concepts to fill some gaps.

    Also check if you can get Lukman value added material (40 pages).

    Finishing all this + developing answer writing skill will give you huge boost before exams.
    ·
  • ARIBAM books for sale!

    Both paper 1 and 2

    Fresh from the bookstrore. Havent used even once. Packing still intact.

    MRP is 330 (paper1) and 320(paper2)

    Selling for Rs. 200 each. Fixed rate. No bargaining.
    ·
  • I was planning for enrichment program of lukeman ..then decided to join only test series....realized that joing classes vs self study...definitely self study stands out
    2015: pelims p1 62
    2016: pelims p1 114 mains 726
    2017: prelims p1 116.66 (forum key)
    ·
  • _vish_ said:

    mrng said:

    _vish_ said:

    Read 2-3 times Aribam for both papers. Think on current issues and develop some interlinking with paper 1. Write answers on public forums for reviews. You will get good marks.
    Has worked so far for me. Don't run behind too many sources. You won't be able to cover complete syllabus anyways.

    Vish do we need to study Mohit Bhaata. line by line or we should take selective approach to it .
    I am begginer to this sub. pls enlightem me about how the newbie should approach this ruthless subject in terms of marking in the mains exam.

    Don't waste your time on Mohit Bhattacharya initially. It has to be referred only when you have your basics strong. In best case, it will fetch you 20 extra marks but focusing on basics will give you 270+ anyways.

    Finish 2-3 times Aribam. Buy test series papers from market(if not joined) and answer qn in 3-4 points just to confirm that you have understood the context of question. You will also get some new concepts to fill some gaps.

    Also check if you can get Lukman value added material (40 pages).

    Finishing all this + developing answer writing skill will give you huge boost before exams.
    Thanks , Vish . ☺

    Your words has given me the right direction to move on . I was very much confused about the books that I need to follow to meet my end .
    Good bless you , frnd .

    ·
  • edited June 28

    Just practise answer writing with examples....
    Reading reading is waste....
    Can cross 300 if u write with current examples

    Thanks frnd ,

    The beauty of pub. ad. is , as I think , it provides you short syllabi and larger scope to do mental exercise by interlinking both the papers , ie 1& 2 and also the current affairs . This beauty is also its challenge .
    But neverthless if 1 needs beautiful things in their life 1 needs to be courageous and efficient enough to maintain its sanity and purity . ☺ .
    God bless you frnd , ☺.

    ·
  • Awesome... this ws my third mains with pub adm...got only 96 in ppr1...beats me what more m i supposed to do.

    Pp2 which i thot didnt go well i gt 150..
    ·
  • xcs said:

    I am thinking of joining lukmaan test series or their quality enrichment program


    hey xcs, are you still interested in joining LEUKMAN online quality improvement porgramme (crash course) through neostencil on a sharing basis ?
    ·
  • PS1000 said:

    THis will be the 4th time with Pub Ad. Scored above 200 (collectively) but not good enough to get into IAS. Anyone making a study group? Need to start working on Pub Ad with fresh perspective. Any new book that is being suggested these days ? Something which will give perhaps some positivity and current affair to answer writing. I think my depression regarding tis optional gets shown in my answers as well

    Do message me whenever you feel free to join the group , addme as well .B tw wfrom where did you took your coaching ?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog