Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

AGGRIEVED BY 2016 FINAL RESULTS

I appeared in interview this year.Missed final selection by few marks...But after marks were released I am a bit surprised by the marks that have been awarded to me.This year definitely papers have been checked leniently due to which cutoff's have been high.But i am skeptical that why i have not got marks according to my expectation. My queries:

1. Are there other candidates also who feel the same
2. can anyhting be done in this regard now
3. are copies checked regionally?
4. are there particular centers which have been impacted by checking?I had given mains from dehradun.. are there others who have qualified by writing mains from there?

are there other person's also who feel the same?that they had written better and have been awarded less marks?

Comments

• I don't know abt centre and marking but I felt I got less than expected in gs2 and 4
  • Some years ago a person with geography optional moved to court demanding upsc to show his answer scripts as he got just double-digit marks in his optional subject. However court denied.
    He ended up with rank under 10 or 20 in the next attempt though.
  • i feel i have been given very less marks in gs2 and optional paper 1..i have searched online and came across various cases...this is the link
    http://tsanewindia.blogspot.in/2011/12/mother-of-corruption-union-public.html

i am thinking of filing an RTI..do u have any other options?
  • I appeared in interview this year.Missed final selection by few marks...But after marks were released I am a bit surprised by the marks that have been awarded to me.This year definitely papers have been checked leniently due to which cutoff's have been high.But i am skeptical that why i have not got marks according to my expectation. My queries:

4. are there particular centers which have been impacted by checking?I had given mains from dehradun.. are there others who have qualified by writing mains from there?

are there other person's also who feel the same?that they had written better and have been awarded less marks?

Upsc system is extremely opaque, you know nothing what happened there, upsc is unreliable, they are giving preference to elite girls, kashmiris, young blood, etc. U can do nothing except work hard. Results are for sure tempered to appease certain sections, that's why in 21st century there is no transparency in upscs. We are all a small pawn in the hands of politicians,
  • i did not get 1 point.how come this year students scored so much.that definitely shows lenient marking.
    but believe me , had this been the case i would have also got at least 50-60 marks minimum more in the result.
    i have met another candidate who told me that in geography paper 1 just had just filled the pages and scored 103.she gave exam from Delhi ..... but despite writing for continuous 3 years.. i have scored only 113.i cant believe what has happened.
  • do they show the answer scripts in rti
  • I am a

I appeared in interview this year.Missed final selection by few marks...But after marks were released I am a bit surprised by the marks that have been awarded to me.This year definitely papers have been checked leniently due to which cutoff's have been high.But i am skeptical that why i have not got marks according to my expectation. My queries:

Upsc system is extremely opaque, you know nothing what happened there, upsc is unreliable, they are giving preference to elite girls, kashmiris, young blood, etc. U can do nothing except work hard. Results are for sure tempered to appease certain sections, that's why in 21st century there is no transparency in upscs. We are all a small pawn in the hands of politicians,
    Agree with your views. Took 2015 mains and did not sit for 2016.
    Being both a practising lawyer and a aspirant, I would support any endeavour to promote transparency. If i can be of any help, do let me know.
    Optional - Law
  • i don't know what we can do in long run.but i have filed an rti for my answer script scanned copy
  • i did not get 1 point.how come this year students scored so much.that definitely shows lenient marking.
    but believe me , had this been the case i would have also got at least 50-60 marks minimum more in the result.
    i have met another candidate who told me that in geography paper 1 just had just filled the pages and scored 103.she gave exam from Delhi ..... but despite writing for continuous 3 years.. i have scored only 113.i cant believe what has happened.

My friend who left 40 marks paper in history paper 1 got 138 and as his first paper did not go well he just filled the pages in paper 2. He got 243 in history. I despite attempting full papers with better answers than last year got ended up with 244.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog