Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
(7) 200 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE Prelims 2018
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Mrunal sir using strong words against those who misguide aspirants on social media for likes

refer THIS

"While sometimes intelligent guess and intelligent elimination are necessary in UPSC, but this ‘ guessmaster-giri movement’ and its bragging on social media by some चंचल-तत्वs for populism and FB-likes, has reached to such pathological level that a gullible newbie might be sucked into falsely believing that UPSC prelims requires no preparation AT ALL and only by hawaabaazi you can become IAS!"

Comments

• haan ye galat fehmi to choman kahini naam k sir bhi faila chuke hain...art of tukka
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • actually mrunal ussi ko target kar rha h ajkal.. purane posts m bhi feel hua.. khair yeh RS banda h bhi bahot bade wala ..
  • Arae directly choman ko hi target kiya h.. baat ye h ki newcomers uski profile dekh kr turat fan ho jaate h aur religiously follow krne lgte h.. air apni aisi faltu technique se wo unko Duba deta h.. aisi techniques tb kaam krti h when you are well read and we'll versed in every subjects aur wo bhi har questions p hat baar Lgana suicide hi hai
  • edited June 2017
    true +1
  • Sparrowin said:

Arae directly choman ko hi target kiya h.. baat ye h ki newcomers uski profile dekh kr turat fan ho jaate h aur religiously follow krne lgte h.. air apni aisi faltu technique se wo unko Duba deta h.. aisi techniques tb kaam krti h when you are well read and we'll versed in every subjects aur wo bhi har questions p hat baar Lgana suicide hi hai

sabse badi baat choman sir shortcuts pe bhi focus krte hain...like crash course etc..laundo ko lagta hai kaam ban jayega..jab hardwork krna hi nahi to upsc dena hi kyun hai..jo log hote hain select wo log hard working to hote hi hain..koi crash course krke ias kaha bana
  • edited June 2017
    10 days ki modern history sirf 4 ghante me...20 din ki economy sirf 3 ghante me..ab ye bhi agyega ki 2 ghante ka pre paper 20 min me :D phir ye bhi ayega ki 1 saal ki ias ki tayaari sirf 1 mahine me...baki mahine sirf revision :D

there lecture might be helpful only after completion of topic + syllabus...individualistic learning shud be at paramount. cheat codes,hacks working fluctuate year by year...but that too be used only after prior basic to advanced learning...65 question r easily doable but thanks to preconcieved notion factory...
    "revision is just like a paan leaves
    if it wudn't be turned continously it wud have rotten

similarly... if the revision has n't been done repeatedly it wud have forgotten".

• Look at unacademy now, Tanmay Bhat is giving his gyan
  • Where is forum wala key ? Link plz
    when is the climax?..... err.... its kinda anticlimax now..
  • edited June 2017

Look at unacademy now, Tanmay Bhat is giving his gyan

Tanmay is a great person , intelligent and hardworking (he lost 110 kgs )
    and one of best comedian in india
    So he is indeed inspiring , stop mocking Him or unacademy for this
  • this chanchal tavta is somani chahni for sure
  • Look at unacademy now, Tanmay Bhat is giving his gyan

Tanmay is a great person , intelligent and hardworking (he lost 110 kgs )
    and one of best comedian in india
    So he is indeed inspiring , stop mocking Him or unacademy for this
    Disagreement accepted and respected, but opinions vary.
  • Soman Raini is the playboy of upsc prep world. I can't stop lol'ing at girls who keep calling him cute in comment section of his videos. An ugly man turns good looking after cracking upsc.
  • Why should we look outside ??
    Couple of days back an idiot was preaching "scientific" method to mark answers in prelims on Forum itself. And that too by making an announcement thread !!

And at least Roman has the guts to defend what he endorses. I met him some 10 days back when I was in Delhi after the CSE'16 result. He indeed has a real zeal to help aspirants from disadvantaged backgrounds. Urban middle class aspirants wouldn't fully appreciate his work.
    And I could see a dissension in him which I could readily relate too. Despite being from an intellectual, english oriented, cosmopolitan and polished background, Roman has fluently switched to a hindi-oriented, spartan outlook. I truly respect him for that.
    "When life ends up breathtakingly fucked, you can generally trace it back to ONE BIG BAD DECISION. The one which sent you down the road to Shitsberg". -Deadpool
  • *Cheat code* :D
    "old wine in new bottle"....in with state services.
  • Mrunal Sir targets none but all. Everyone who falls in that category.
    I am not among these vibrant group of youth that constitutes the common mass today. I am among those intellect group of youth who will lead the nation tomorrow.
  • edited June 2017

Why should we look outside ??
    Couple of days back an idiot was preaching "scientific" method to mark answers in prelims on Forum itself. And that too by making an announcement thread !!

And at least Roman has the guts to defend what he endorses. I met him some 10 days back when I was in Delhi after the CSE'16 result. He indeed has a real zeal to help aspirants from disadvantaged backgrounds. Urban middle class aspirants wouldn't fully appreciate his work.
    And I could see a dissension in him which I could readily relate too. Despite being from an intellectual, english oriented, cosmopolitan and polished background, Roman has fluently switched to a hindi-oriented, spartan outlook. I truly respect him for that.

:D :D :mrgreen:

bhai iss baar select ho gye ho lagta h..

@pizza bhai tumhe koi yaad kar rha h :D :mrgreen:

He misleads naive aspirants. 90% of his videos are a huge waste of time.

English oriented and polished background? He can barely speak English.

Bhai kaam to service me reh k bhi kar skte the..khair opinion alag hogi aapki...meri alag hai...to debate ka mudda hi nahi yaha
  • aur kitne upsc aspirants benefit hote hain? vs District me DM ban k kitne ko affect krta hai DM? ye baat bhi sochne layak hai
  • Pure tukkas almost never work in UPSC. Intelligent guesses do, but behind those you need a solid treasure of knowledge. It's unadvisable for Freshers to go for tukka.
  • Guys, guys, don't be so harsh on Roman. It's ethically wrong too. He is not here to defend himself. And I only know him through 3 meetings so I can't elaborate all his goods too.

Roman's videos impact thousands of aspirants across the spectrum. All his videos aren't about CSE only and many are motivational and peripherally helpful in prep. The things which are everyday routine for many of us may be very new to a SSC/Banking/Police aspirant from Barpeta or Ukhrul or Pakur or Hingoli or Bijnor or Ariyalur or for that matter thousands of non-descript places strewn across India. Eg. I know of Pomodoro technique since my B.Tech days but ask any rural aspirant about it? I hope you get where I am pointing.

And he researches his matter well. He spends substantial time researching his content. He utilizes knowledge from Medicine, Psychology and humanities to prepare his material. I have seen his place. It is literally a treasure trove of books from a wide spectrum of subjects.

And it would be repititive to remind that he is graduate from AIIMS and his other achievements as a young boy. He shares a huge interest in Hollywood and western music just like me. This is what I meant from english-oriented background. As for his leaving the IAS, he must've taken a conscious decision about it. We are none to judge.

If you don't like his work, skip it. Or ignore it. But please cut the guy a slack. I've seen that it's fashionable to criticize him. People do it impulsively. Avoid it.
    "When life ends up breathtakingly fucked, you can generally trace it back to ONE BIG BAD DECISION. The one which sent you down the road to Shitsberg". -Deadpool
  • Chodo yr...Aneakantvad ka principle man lo n csm me lagte hain
  • Chodo yr...Aneakantvad ka principle man lo n csm me lagte hain

+1
    Death is nothing , but to live defeated and inglorious , is to Die daily .
  • Bhai logo unacademy ke environment ke jo starting k 20 videos the vo theek the...uske baad to hme bhi kuch advantage waala laga nahi.....bt jisko faayda ho raha hai use hone do....use criticise karna theek nahi...sabhi ka apna viewpoint hota......ab jaise mere opinion me agar koi upsc world me king hai to wo mrunal hai...many may differ from this viewpoint.
  • Bhai logo unacademy ke environment ke jo starting k 20 videos the vo theek the...uske baad to hme bhi kuch advantage waala laga nahi.....bt jisko faayda ho raha hai use hone do....use criticise karna theek nahi...sabhi ka apna viewpoint hota......ab jaise mere opinion me agar koi upsc world me king hai to wo mrunal hai...many may differ from this viewpoint.

Not me...no gumrahing etc...sahi hain kafi mrunal

bhai maine to geography aur economics wahi se poori samjhi hai
  • Mrunal :D Sense of Humor
    Not targeting any one in particular, but every tukke baaz in general :D Misleading title of this post.

bhai maine to geography aur economics wahi se poori samjhi hai
    bhai Geog to bohot solid ho gya ab wo krke...pre+mains wahi hai bas..no ncert nothing
  • edited June 2017
    Indeed mrunal has quite awesome style of convey his points sarcasticly
    Check this out
    Proof-CSAT17-geo-bogus.png
    960 x 488 - 108K
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog