[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Geography test series

As this year there is no test series of Shabbir Sir so Guidance vs majid Hussain.
Senior player please suggest.
·

Comments

• edited June 23
    Last year I joined Guidance online.
    My honest assessment is..
    Questions asked were good.. He has knowledge also..He criticises you on suitable incidents. His Emphasis is on being to the point. But he does not properly provide the alternatives..He Dont give macro suggestions..even overall suggestions regarding how to improve are lesser..
    Last year out of 8, discussion class was uploaded for only 3.
    Checking and uploading takes 17 days lateron,.And there is just 1 or 2 statement remark.,
    Solutions were rather notes of upto 80 pages(normally 55-60 pages)...but may be, proper ans is discussed in discussion class..

I would also like to know the experience of people from other testseries.
    Thanks in advance.

·
  • Seed said:

Questions asked were good.. He has knowledge also..He criticises you on suitable incidents. His Emphasis is on being to the point. But he does not properly provide the alternatives..He Dont give macro suggestions..even overall suggestions regarding how to improve are lesser..
    Checking and uploading takes 17 days lateron,.And there is just 1 or 2 statement remark.,
    Solutions were rather notes of upto 80 pages(normally 55-60 pages)...but may be, proper ans is discussed in discussion class..

Thanks in advance.

@Seed does guidance IAS provide online test series like visionIAS ?

If yes,is their online portal user friendly that is easy to upload tests and easy to download question paper ?

CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
    ·
  • @Seed thanks bhai
    ·
  • Vision test series questions are good but again problem of evaluation not satisfy.....by the way how many total tests are there in case of Himanshu sir ??
    ·
  • edited June 23

Seed said:

Thanks in advance.

@Seed does guidance IAS provide online test series like visionIAS ?

If yes,is their online portal user friendly that is easy to upload tests and easy to download question paper ?

Bhai I subscribed it from flavido. The portal is like any other's. everything is uploaded separately..So no issue with friendliness. copies are sent and received via email. One can also ask them to courier the checked copy if quality of scanning is not good.
    total 8 tests.
    4 sectional+ 2 full test paper1 and 2 full test paper2..
    The only issue last year was...solution of test 8 was not provided..and of 7 was provided after exam. Even for other tests, solution was uploaded much later after the date of test.
    And online discussion was uploaded for first 3 tests only.
    ·
  • vision's geo optional test......----------- evaluation was not good & discussion was for namesake. one positive thing is if u call teacher he will help u. how is NEETU SINGH & MAJID HUSSAIN tets. how is the discussion.
    ·
  • Geography test series

GuidanceIAS(Himanshu Sharma)
    vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

which is better to join, please enlighten .
    ·
  • Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

Go for Guidance IAS 500+ program. I have no idea abt separate test series as I joined the full coarse. It is very similar to shabbir's in format although questions are much better in terms of relevance from contemporary trend. I am sure you will find it worth the money.
    ·
  • Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

Go for Guidance IAS 500+ program. I have no idea abt separate test series as I joined the full coarse. It is very similar to shabbir's in format although questions are much better in terms of relevance from contemporary trend. I am sure you will find it worth the money.
    Thanks a lot
    ·
  • Any idea about ALS geography test series?
    They have discussion class just after test on the same day. And evaluation will be done by teacher.
    Has anyone joined it last year?
    ·
  • Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

What about the evaluation?
    ·
  • edited June 24
    Evaluation is like all other test series. But Himanshu sir is very helpful and if you approach him, he personally gives time to look into answer copies and suggest improvements.

Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

What about the evaluation?
    ·
  • Anyone wish to join guidance 500+ program(online) for geography optional ans share its price???
    ·
  • shabbir sir is not starting this year ?
    ·
  • Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

you have 13 comments on forum since you joined. All of them are praises for Himanshu sir. In last two years you couldnot find anything else worth commenting.
    Any particular reasons for this 21st century bhakti movement ? :p
    ·
  • woorang said:

Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

you have 13 comments on forum since you joined. All of them are praises for Himanshu sir. In last two years you couldnot find anything else worth commenting.
    Lol
    Attempts-3, Mains -3, Optional:PubAd Geography.

Leave no stone unturned
    ·
  • Which online test series for geography optional is good?
    I'm staying in Bhubaneswar so can't attend offline.
    TIA..
    ·
  • How is Abhinanyu's geography test series?
    ·
  • humboldt said:

woorang said:

Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

Lol
    haha
    ·
  • woorang said:

Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

Bang On
    ·
  • edited June 24
    And I thought there are 13 new comments..Probably I will get a clue what could be chosen(online).. :D
    ·
  • woorang said:

Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

I don't know whether number of visits made is visible or not. If it is you will find that I am not a frequent visitor to the site. Only come around after prelims and mains exam to have an idea about cutoff and others performance. And I praise him because I was actually impressed by him. It is your right to label it whatever you think.
    ·
  • bhailog ...previous year UPSC GEOG papers se achha sasta and tikau ...test series nahi bana hai aaj tak.

evaluate yourself if you can based on self correction or constantly improve step by step in answer writing or talk to some senior players, IMO.

dont run here there. I never took test series for geog. still scored 275 this year also 250 in 2014. trust me.. TEST series ke bharose mat raho.

baki aapki ichha
    ·
  • woorang said:

Geography test series

vs
    KeynoteIAS(Shamim)

I don't know whether number of visits made is visible or not. If it is you will find that I am not a frequent visitor to the site. Only come around after prelims and mains exam to have an idea about cutoff and others performance. And I praise him because I was actually impressed by him. It is your right to label it whatever you think.
    because that is the time when the admission are in full swing :D
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.

Long live Revolution, Down with ForumIAS. Ban me Mods
    ·
  • i m thinking of joining majid hussain's or neetu singh's test series. Agar kisi ko kuchh pata ho inke baare me to bata do plz.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog