Other Exams and alternatives to UPSC

I will not want to begin with how this exam in general and yesterday's attempt which was 4th btw and having not been able to move past from prelims stage consecutively has screwed up my life in particular. I have resolved to move on from this exam. I feel saturated with just the idea of studying anything let alone pursuing this for left over attempts. Yet the irony is that to get out of this rut I'll have to secure a job and sit for other competitive exams. The confidence to be able to make through any competitive exam ever in my life is absolutely absent. Though I still am the optimistic types to have faith in larger life for everything to turn out respectably decent, if not for me but for my parents. Despite numerous complaints I am thankful to them for walking with me since 2014 and I feel utterly miserable for putting them in the position of being worried for my future when all I wanted was to make them just proud. The story is long and cutting down to purpose of this post is - information/ guidance about other exams. ForumIAS has been a platform with well informed, experienced people coming here from diverse backgrounds. I want genuine and serious help on some of my queries :-

A good maths coaching institute in Delhi? Any area will do? I believe most of others exams have overlapping syllabus banks/SSC etc... same maths, comprehension, reasoning etc. Any detailed guidance from some one experienced, having gone through this stage of life on how to go about other exams will mean a lot. I mean the exams to be taken, the coaching institutes, books etc.

Please refrain from telling to take help from videos, other websites etc. I hope everyone is aware how tedious it is to make a sense of things when you are not aware of those areas and the authenticity of various websites selling their courses. I am starting from scratch in new fields and I hope to at least make less if not at all any mistakes in them. Seeking genuine guidance from seniors here on SSC exam and others if they can recommend for someone with age in hand and a bachelors degree in commerce and not so good hand in aptitude but can work hard to improve it. Any help will mean a lot.

edit -
Can someone help with the profile of legislative officer in Lok Sabha? The nature of job etc. Can't find relevant sources on internet.

Comments

• Anyone willing to help with regard to SSC exam. I cannot make sense of how to go about its preparation. Any help?
  • Pick up Kiran Prakashan SSC objective maths..try to solve them...n revise
    Paramount ssc english objective...try to solve them n revise
    Reasoning any good book will work
    solve previous year questions available in these books.

hand written Coaching notes are available in market and free on online platform.. use them for tricks and short methods to solve the question.
    online test series...there are 5-10 online platforms which provides first free...test ..so acc. to this 10 test for practice is available for you.

make a flexible plan...don't be rigid and adopt course of action.

regarding legislative officer in RS/LS,,,,undoubtedly good exams...profile is good salary component is also good..make sure the eligibility criteria

You're a Warrior, damn it.
  • edited June 20
    apfc,state pcs,rbi grade b, ssc....other exams conducted by state pcs. like engineer recruitment in diifferent departments by state public service comission. i posted this for all.u are still 24 chill yaar.keep visiting ur state pcs website.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog