Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

pub Ad test series for 2017 mains

past and senior players ..please guide ..last year i did big mistake of not joining any test series and paid for it with just 190 marks in pub ad while had good marks in other GS subjects.
so few names are in market lukeman/mohanty sir/pawan sir....which to join?
important for me is proper feedback on my answers...and good discussion (equivalent to a mini class)
waiting for replies...thanks
·

Comments

• Same query here. Did not join any PubAd test series before mains and paid dearly in PubAd paper 1.

Got 118 in P1 while 151 in Paper 2. So there is huge scope of improvement in Paper 1. I am little weak with "thinkers" part. Seniors, please guide about Test Series and please tell what I can do to improve in paper 1.
    ·
  • I joined Lukmaan Got 135 in paper 1 and 105 in P2 @avenir .Tips for paper 2?
    Pre 2016,2017
    Mains 2016
    Interview 2016
    Rank 0
    ·
  • koi bhai log madad karega please
    ·
  • Even I have same question....
    Ashutosh Pandey/Lukeman/Mohanty/Pawan Kumar....
    Which to join?
    ·
  • Aankh moond kar.....join pavan...asap...you may not even find a seat later on...i never scored more than 93 in any of PubAd paper in 3 attempts...lukman n Mohanty were joined that time...this time scored 136 and 131...not only this...i could fall in final pdf bcz of following his strategy in GS papers as well....he comes in class sharp at stipulated time...no nonsense discussion immediately after the test...that way you do not need to wait for your copy to know yr shortcomings...
    I am satisfied Always..
    ·
  • JeJe said:

I joined Lukmaan Got 135 in paper 1 and 105 in P2 @avenir .Tips for paper 2?

Will say when I come to know. I have not analyzed the paper yet as the marks were declared very close to prelims
    ·
  • Aankh moond kar.....join pavan...asap...you may not even find a seat later on...i never scored more than 93 in any of PubAd paper in 3 attempts...lukman n Mohanty were joined that time...this time scored 136 and 131...not only this...i could fall in final pdf bcz of following his strategy in GS papers as well....he comes in class sharp at stipulated time...no nonsense discussion immediately after the test...that way you do not need to wait for your copy to know yr shortcomings...

Thanks. Will join him!
    ·
  • avenir said:

Same query here. Did not join any PubAd test series before mains and paid dearly in PubAd paper 1.

Got 118 in P1 while 151 in Paper 2. So there is huge scope of improvement in Paper 1. I am little weak with "thinkers" part. Seniors, please guide about Test Series and please tell what I can do to improve in paper 1.

hi, plz tell us ur approach for paper 2 ..i got only 121..
    ·
  • how is lukman for pub ad test series
    plz guide me......
    ·
  • please ..if any senior player is looking..please help us
    2015: pelims p1 62
    2016: pelims p1 114 mains 726
    2017: prelims p1 116.66 (forum key)
    ·
  • alberto said:

how is lukman for pub ad test series
    plz guide me......

Some people do like him...specially who have taken exam multiple time...if you are young one and only interested in test series...go to pavan....when I joined his class it was jam packed for sure...but my experience was poor...in terms of his question's weirdness and his attitude towards students .....pavan i found efficient and he takes no non-sense approach....though he always criticizes govt all the time which we can ignore..
    I am satisfied Always..
    ·
  • alberto said:

how is lukman for pub ad test series
    plz guide me......

Some people do like him...specially who have taken exam multiple time...if you are young one and only interested in test series...go to pavan....when I joined his class it was jam packed for sure...but my experience was poor...in terms of his question's weirdness and his attitude towards students .....pavan i found efficient and he takes no non-sense approach....though he always criticizes govt all the time which we can ignore..
    sir
    last year i joined pawan sir
    will i join agian pawan sir or lukman
    i'm very confused
    this year i scored just 235 in pub ad
    ·
  • Didn't join pawan kumar but what i know - gives most of the questions from previous year papers.
    Lukman - prepares some very good questions but most of copies aren't checked by Ansari sir. Buy you will explore new concepts in papers and discussions.
    Joined lukman in 2015, attempted only 4 5 tests. They didn't appreciate my writing style and use to give 78 80 marks. UPSC score - 121 + 99.

In 2016, didn't join any test series GS or optional. Attempted 2 3 tests at Lukman with help of a frn. Agains questions were very good but they didn't appreciate my writing style - 78 80 marks.
    UPSC score 145+156.

It's about building concepts, show your answers to someone experienced or participate in insights initiative for pub ad.
    Won't give judgement on which test series to join, just told what I experienced or know.
    ·
  • _vish_ said:

Didn't join pawan kumar but what i know - gives most of the questions from previous year papers.
    Lukman - prepares some very good questions but most of copies aren't checked by Ansari sir. Buy you will explore new concepts in papers and discussions.
    Joined lukman in 2015, attempted only 4 5 tests. They didn't appreciate my writing style and use to give 78 80 marks. UPSC score - 121 + 99.

In 2016, didn't join any test series GS or optional. Attempted 2 3 tests at Lukman with help of a frn. Agains questions were very good but they didn't appreciate my writing style - 78 80 marks.
    UPSC score 145+156.

It's about building concepts, show your answers to someone experienced or participate in insights initiative for pub ad.
    Won't give judgement on which test series to join, just told what I experienced or know.

thanks vish
    bro what to do for good score in paper 2
    i have consistently failed to achieve good marks in paper 2
    2014 86
    2015 104
    2016 111
    ·
  • Thanks @_vish_ that was insightful ... narrowing it down to lukeman which can help to tackle tough questions.
    In deed i will follow insight secure on pub Ad.
    last year i got p1:88 P2:96 solely on self study . hope discussions and test series will help to increase my score.
    2015: pelims p1 62
    2016: pelims p1 114 mains 726
    2017: prelims p1 116.66 (forum key)
    ·
  • alberto said:

_vish_ said:

Didn't join pawan kumar but what i know - gives most of the questions from previous year papers.

UPSC score 145+156.

thanks vish
    2014 86
    2015 104
    2016 111
    I just gathered more content - CA + Aribam + Net. Also, I checked copies of other guys who scored well in P2. They use to write answers in an elaborate manner.
    With more content, I modified my answer writing style for P2. May be that worked for me and changed score 99 to 156.
    ·
  • Ezzio said:

Thanks @_vish_ that was insightful ... narrowing it down to lukeman which can help to tackle tough questions.
    In deed i will follow insight secure on pub Ad.
    last year i got p1:88 P2:96 solely on self study . hope discussions and test series will help to increase my score.

Yes, insights will help you. Usually previous year questions are discussed but you get fresh perspectives, comparative analysis and lot of examples. I will also try to write some answers there.. Coz m again not joining any test series.
    ·
  • _vish_ said:

alberto said:

_vish_ said:

UPSC score 145+156.

thanks vish
    2014 86
    2015 104
    2016 111
    I just gathered more content - CA + Aribam + Net. Also, I checked copies of other guys who scored well in P2. They use to write answers in an elaborate manner.
    With more content, I modified my answer writing style for P2. May be that worked for me and changed score 99 to 156.
    @_vish_
    thanks bro
    i will try to do this in this attempt
    r u selected this year???
    ·
  • alberto said:

_vish_ said:

alberto said:

_vish_ said:

UPSC score 145+156.

thanks vish
    2014 86
    2015 104
    2016 111
    @_vish_
    thanks bro
    Yes,He is Selected In CSE 2016.
    Pre 2016,2017
    Mains 2016
    Interview 2016
    Rank 0
    ·
  • I joined pavan sir's test series last year. Scored 113+146 and missed cutoff by 16 marks(gen) mainly because of Paper 1.

Questions are repeated from previous years but main outcome is the simplicity with which he explains the approach to question. Checks all the copies by himself but after some time, the comments get repetitive.

It is very difficult to get doubts cleared as he is always busy. But if you get hold of him, explains everything nicely.

Not joining his test series this year as 1.I'm in the zone(104-106) and 2. writing skills is not problem but knowledge is, which can be improved by further study not by test series.

In case any one is planning to join pavan sir's test series, I will appreciate if you can provide me the question papers.
    ·
  • alberto said:

_vish_ said:

alberto said:

_vish_ said:

UPSC score 145+156.

thanks vish
    2014 86
    2015 104
    2016 111
    @_vish_
    thanks bro
    Haan bhai
    Rank 344
    ·
  • @_vish_ sir that's an awesome score. Please tell more about the books you used and if possible elaborate more on strategy. Its a request :| o:) plz
    ·
  • @_vish_ sir , for paper 2 is Aribam sufficient along with current affairs? OR we have to use other books also??
    ·
  • Did not join any test series, not practiced any test due to lack of time. But I went through Pavan Kumar test answers and some Lukman tests.
    Score- 2015- 120+138
    2016- 139+139
    ·
  • Any active whatsapp Pub Ad group?

kindly add me.

Anyone selling online pub ad test series? kindly pm me
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog