MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)
ForumIAS Community Meet 2017 on 25th June at 11 AM - You are invited

Dear Friends, ForumIAS Annual Community Meet will be held on June 25th at 11AM in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. The Chief Guest for the event will be Suharsh Bhagat, IAS Rank 5, CSE 2014. Come join us , and meet ForumIAS members who have secured ranks this year. Click here to register

Review of Prelim TEST SERIES with respect to UPSC Prelims 2017

It is evident that questions were derivative in nature. So, it is not possible for any test series to provide exact questions.
But it is possible to share the experience with test series.
Please do so to help the 2018 aspirants.
be a UPSC killer than a UPSC lover
·

Comments

• Genuinely giving test series will acclimatize you for real test paper, by regularly giving tests you can find your strong and weak points and thus help you to take any further action. And of course it helps in covering syllabus.
    ·
  • But UPSC has no syllabus. Test series only give you the satisfaction that atleast you know a broad spectrum of stuffs. But on real terms, the questions will be so different that it is unreal to even try to compare it with test series. Test series is a poor image of "wannabe/tryhardin" infront of the "baap of all baaps" UPSC.

See for yourself, coming year every institution will fill it with derivative questions like they did this year with current affairs, and then UPSC will come up with something else.
    ·
  • anyone can tell... which test series or compilations (vision 365 or 60 day or insights PT) .. helped ???

no subjective reasons (practice hoti hain n like).. only objective.. (though derived) based on wht we have in front of us.. ppr on 18th june.. and jo ratta mare hain n 40 day plan 60 day plan.. 365 .. etc..
    ·
  • The benefit which you will derive from tests is entirely based on how you use it .

Acclimatization : You will see the UPSC Prelims as just another mock . This will take the fear of the UPSC Prelims from your mind and then you will be able to attempt the paper with a calm mind

Identifying Grey Areas : We complete the books and think that we can answer anything that comes from there. But there will always be some portions where we are weak. For example : PESA Provisions ; Special Provision for some States. The mistakes in tests helps us to identify and strengthen those areas

Exactness in what you have read : A mistake in a test will institutionalize the fact within you that made you mark wrong answer . Though same fact may not appear verbatim but you can use the info to solve other questions in UPSC Prelims

Broadening the Knowledge Base : Given that everyone is studying the same basic books , its important that you go a step further to clear cut off. Whenever you encounter something new in tests where you feel you have knowledge deficiency , search for topics . Go through their Wiki Page or any information published on PIB.

Finally , going through only once will not stick the information into your memory. Revise at least once the tests , grey portions and Wiki Page/PIB info on such topics

Hope this helps ! :smile:
    ·
  • This year Insights tests were spot on.. Many questions esp of environment orgnisation came directly from that..
    ·
  • This year Insights tests were spot on.. Many questions esp of environment orgnisation came directly from that..

great
    ·
  • The benefit which you will derive from tests is entirely based on how you use it .

Acclimatization : You will see the UPSC Prelims as just another mock . This will take the fear of the UPSC Prelims from your mind and then you will be able to attempt the paper with a calm mind

Identifying Grey Areas : We complete the books and think that we can answer anything that comes from there. But there will always be some portions where we are weak. For example : PESA Provisions ; Special Provision for some States. The mistakes in tests helps us to identify and strengthen those areas

Exactness in what you have read : A mistake in a test will institutionalize the fact within you that made you mark wrong answer . Though same fact may not appear verbatim but you can use the info to solve other questions in UPSC Prelims

Broadening the Knowledge Base : Given that everyone is studying the same basic books , its important that you go a step further to clear cut off. Whenever you encounter something new in tests where you feel you have knowledge deficiency , search for topics . Go through their Wiki Page or any information published on PIB.

Finally , going through only once will not stick the information into your memory. Revise at least once the tests , grey portions and Wiki Page/PIB info on such topics

Hope this helps ! :smile:

thank you. The biggest problem to have a quality test series I believe the price.
    ·

• Hey everybody!

Aug'16 I signed up for insightsias testseries- online.
    Really motivated n everything ..yal noe what I'm talkin about....
    I began with no solid strategy, just a basic goal and I thought I would work around it, improvise on my way. (never been big on timetables)
    It all seemed pretty good starting with the plan insights provided...VI NCERTs ..and it keeping going up..that way.
    It was my first time reading ncerts and I'm not gonna lie, it all seemed easy. The 1st test I scored 32/200, and I couldn't figure most of the things in the question paper.
    The same story continues for another 20 tests and I began getting a little worried, cuz my learning curve seemed more like a flat line. I did pick up a few basic tricks along the way like '33%, 50% eliminate an option, extreme statements, only, always, the too good to be true kind'.....
    They do work, specially in mock tests....dunno about the real thing.
    Full syllabus tests start and I got better scores, dunno if insights dumbed out or I got smarter...but never 100+
    Done with the whole course, felt confident.....now where I'm at I definitely have learned what I need to be focusing. If I don't qualify for CSM'17, I would have a good time going through NCERTs again.

My 18th June'17 experience
    The day started good, really good......a flat tyre(tubeless so no biggie), missed a right turn ended up at God noes where...fast forward I'm in my class 3-4 min late.
    The paper was -.-
    wouldn't tag it difficult, I would've be good if I had maybe another 15-20 mins. There were a few question that I had to read 5+ times to understand...I noe I'm slow like that but this was some next level shit.

How relevant are these test series.....It helps you develop that necessary temperament, but past that it's all you. They're not from the future, they just clueless as we are
    They've just been at it for so long that makes their guesses close to the real thing..not the real thing tho.

·
  • tests eries are useless... just take 4-5 test so get used to exam pressure and read absic notes and current affair..that said i did found 2-3 questions from test series in paper.. but that could be solved even by normal logic..
    duniya..
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google