Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Philosophy 2017 guys hopeful of mains gather here

Hi Guys n Gals,
Let's make 70 days strategy to comprehensively cover philo before main. We should try to prepare keeping in mind the kind of questions upsc has been asking since 2-3 years. Throw your suggestions

Comments

• edited June 18
    Hello people
    It'll (hopefully) be my 2nd attempt at mains this time. I got 95 + 88 in Philosophy in 2016
    I think relying only on Mitra and Patanjali notes will do no good and we'll have to read proper textbooks and develop answer writing using proper philosophical language. I found my Paper 2 answers quite general in nature which any person could write without background in Philosophy. A small group of containing not more than 4-5 people(and not some 100 people whatsapp group which is useless) can collaborate and share learning.
  • will get through hopefully...in 2016 got 120+107(1st mains)
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • @IndiaIndium @stonecold_srivastav great then let's make a group and create targets for next 70 days for philosophy. Have you guys made notes?
  • Abe Philosophy ke sath mains wala aur koi he b ya ni??? Ya fir sab is Sal philosophy ki katl se sun mun pade he?
  • I will be also giving this mains with philo. Earlier 4 times mains with geography. Hoping for best
  • Hello to all. I wrote prelims with a lot of preparation. But still upsc got the better of me. I will not be making this time around. But will want to continue philo preps with some serious students. I am from JNU, School of International Studies. I am not on whatsapp but if there is a serious group i m ready to join. I want your help to keep the momentum going. I have taken coaching in patanjali some time back but i have also read the standard books like cd sharma and ignou. Let us all form a timw table and work out the syllabus that way. Believe me no optional is good or bad , scoring or not.. it truely depends on us. Hope for the best ....
  • @IndiaIndium @stonecold_srivastav great then let's make a group and create targets for next 70 days for philosophy. Have you guys made notes?

Can I join as well.?
  • Hi people, I have a plan to suggest :
    First, lets revise the syllabus once within 8-10 days.
    Later, we will do answer writing practice (i.e. by solving last 3 years paper) topic wise. There will be ~10 topics in Indian Philosophy and ~8-9 in Western. It will take ~ 20 days (spanned across 35-40 days) to complete Paper 1. If we were successful to pull this off, we can do Paper 2 as well.

We need to start as soon as we can. We can do this in the whatsapp group of 8 - 10 people.
  • @PANDA You are exactly rite bro
    let u make a small group and kick start prep
  • Hey i got 80+130 last year and hoping to write this year also.
    Lets make a small group to discuss our answers who write regularly so that we can help each other out.
  • will get through hopefully...in 2016 got 120+107(1st mains)

bro how much r u getting this year in pre? what is your take on cut-off
  • Hey i got 80+130 last year and hoping to write this year also.
    Lets make a small group to discuss our answers who write regularly so that we can help each other out.

plz lets do that.
  • Aimupsc said:

@PANDA You are exactly rite bro
    let u make a small group and kick start prep

i m in. is the group already made ?
  • edited June 20
    Guys can anybody give feedback about the VisionIAS philosophy test series?? (conducted by Anoop Sir)
    Hiye Kaya mein bartan maati ro.....
  • I got 130 &110
    Count me in
  • I got 130 &110
    Count me in

how much r u getting in pre, this time?
  • Do anoop sir provides online classes
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • Count me in..philosophy 124+118 in 2016
  • Count me in..philosophy 124+118 in 2016

Hi. Congrats for such great marks in the previous attempt. I am sure u will repeat such good marks in this attempt also. For me I am planning to start dedicated philo preps , but a philo-peer group will be highly recommended to keep one self on the right tracka nd also to keep oneself motivates and away from the fears of not doing well in a subject as subjective as philosophy... I dont know if the othr people have already made a whatsapp group . plz let me know.
  • If a group has not been made as yet, kindly email me on

forupscdream@gmail.com

I will create a whatsapp group... kindly email asap. so people can join in
  • Hi folks. have given 2 mains with philosophy
    45 and 105 2014- one time reading of patanjali notes and no revision in 2 months
    62 and 110 2016- making own notes with basic books and ambarish vemuris notes to fine tune for paper 1 and generic reading of mitras for paper2.
  • those scoring good in paper 1- upsc karma and keep it simple, what were your sources?? pls share your gyan :):)
  • @stone cold too.. pls share your thoughts so that we can improve
  • All those interested in answer writing. PM me your Phone no. i will make a whatsapp group.
  • https://chat.whatsapp.com/72lm3k1756lHmvve2tdB22

Link for Philosophy Answer Writing for Mains 2017.
  • I m not abke to join for some reason...
  • anyone from philosophy hindi medium
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog