What is the Expected Cut off for UPSC Prelims 2017?

Plz share the number of question attempted and what can be the expected cutoff

Comments

Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
  • Attempt 100 question expected cutoff 115

Jaan Tere Naam

• Attempt 100 question expected cutoff 115

U attempted all the 100 questions?

• Expected 107-112
  • right to vote is a constiutional right.. shankar is wrong in this as well. lot of mistakes..
  • Cremator said:

right to vote is a constiutional right.. shankar is wrong in this as well. lot of mistakes..

Yeh it is consti right what shankar is saying?
  • shankar k atleast 3 Q wrong honge
  • 96-102 cutoff as per my initial estimate.
    Once answers stabalize, we can know more.
    What we really are matters more than what other people think of us.
    - Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Bun-maska said:

Attempt 100 question expected cutoff 115

yes

Jaan Tere Naam

• Nehru said:

96-102 cutoff as per my initial estimate.
    Once answers stabalize, we can know more.

How many questions did u attempt?
  • Bun-maska said:

Attempt 100 question expected cutoff 115

yes
  • Right to Vote legal right hai. Aur yeh sach hai. don't need to discuss it further.
  • Bhai log they asked right to vote and get elected... How come this is a fundamental right ?

• One thing I can guarantee from my experience that cutoff would be fairly lower than 2015 pre
  • One thing I can guarantee from my experience that cutoff would be fairly lower than 2015 pre

wrath of paper 1 plus deadly blow of paper 2 ...... if getting 90 plus... start study mains.... no body knows which numbers be in list... 100 plus guys 100% u are IN
  • Aaaj India haar jaayega...

Likh lo

Likh lo

Yar aise mat kaho
  • edited June 18
    113 according to shakar , attempted 78.. i might be on border line

-cut off may hover around last year

-last year effect have many tukkabaj who have gone to attempt 90 ques

premeditated , some lucky ones may cause cutoff to increase--this will be the

single most factor of cutoff increase

-paper2 was no piece of cake with maths and multiple passage may brought

many hopes down ,especially of the junta who were busy in pt365 and all

those currants effect

my say for cutoff 111-120..(with 115 as the magic number) for IFOS it will be

definetely 120+

only in rare circumstances cutoff wll go down to 105-110 but with acche din

and less seats i dont see it's good chances

UPSC has become a danger with triple digit cut-off as the new norm .. orange

is the new black
    “The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties. Never regret.”
  • vivekias said:

Bhai log they asked right to vote and get elected... How come this is a fundamental right ?

It is consti right
  • expected cutoff 116
    duniya..
  • 113 according to shakar , attempted 78.. i might be on border line

-cut off may hover around last year

-last year effect have many tukkabaj who have gone to attempt 90 ques

premeditated , some lucky ones may cause cutoff to increase--this will be the

single most factor of cutoff increase

-paper2 was no piece of cake with maths and multiple passage may brought

many hopes down ,especially of the junta who were busy in pt365 and all

those currants effect

my say for cutoff 111-120..(with 115 as the magic number) for IFOS it will be

definetely 120+

only in rare circumstances cutoff wll go down to 105-110 but with acche din

and less seats i dont see it's good chances

UPSC has become a danger with triple digit cut-off as the new norm .. orange

is the new black

Haahahah so true orange is the new black
  • cut-off 112+/-1
    last yr i predicted 117+/-1 :|
  • logout said:

cut-off 112+/-1
    last yr i predicted 117+/-1 :|

How much are you scoring
  • 108 +/- 2
    Dog days are over
  • No chance of going beyond....105 ...likh lo note kar lo....
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
  • Right to Vote :- https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-right-to-vote-not-a-fundamental-right-in-India

".........Representation of People Act, 1951 Section 62. Right to vote.—

(1) No person who is not, and except as expressly provided by this Act, every person who is, for the time being entered in the electoral roll of by any constituency shall be entitled to vote in that constituency.

(2) No person shall vote at an election in any constituency if he is subject to any of the
    disqualifications referred to in section 16 of the Representation of the People Act, 1950 (43 of 1950).

(3) No person shall vote at a general election in more than one constituency of the same class, and if a person votes in more than one such constituency, his votes in all such constituencies shall be void.

(4) No person shall at any election vote in the same constituency more than once, notwithstanding that his name may have been registered in the electoral roll for that constituency more than once, and if he does so vote, all his votes in that constituency shall be void.

(5) No person shall vote at any election if he is confined in a prison, whether under a sentence of imprisonment or transportation or otherwise, or is in the lawful custody of the police:

Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall apply to a person subjected to preventive detention under any law for the time being in force.

[(6) Nothing contained in sub-sections (3) and (4) shall apply to a person who has been authorised to vote as proxy for an elector under this Act in so far as he votes as a proxy for such elector.].

—So with reference to aforementioned:

Article 326 of the Constitution only permits the disqualification of a voter under the Constitution or a law on the grounds of “non-residence, unsoundness of mind, crime or corrupt or illegal practice”. And confers that the Election to House and Assembly shall be on the basis of Adult Suffrage; which in itself doesn't entitle citizens the right to vote; but entitles the class of citizens to be enrolled as voter.

It is 62 (1) of RPA, 1951 which confers the citizens the Right to Vote; and when one is not eligible to vote.

Hence "The Right to Vote" is neither Fundamental Right nor Constitutional Right but a mere Statutory Right or Legal Right.

The right originates from the Constitution and in accordance with the constitutional mandate contained in Article 326, the right has been shaped by the statute, namely, RPA, 1951.

For further readings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5iVn_HomcC_cF9yVHo5M0N0T0k/view?usp=sharing
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog