MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Current Affairs Notes

How to manage the current affairs part for the Upsc? The syllabus is too lengthy and currents are the must to read, please suggest.

Comments

• vernica said:

How to manage the current affairs part for the Upsc? The syllabus is too lengthy and currents are the must to read, please suggest.

Refer Visionias current affairs booklet along with the newspaper if you don't want to make Notes from newspape
  • keep making " how to " threads and u will clear upsc one day :D
  • Are u even vernica ?
  • gt2015 said:

vernica said:

Refer Visionias current affairs booklet along with the newspaper if you don't want to make Notes from newspape
    Have you read vision' notes? are they charging for the notes or is it available at their website?

• gt2015 said:

vernica said:

Have you read vision' notes? are they charging for the notes or is it available at their website?

They are available for free on their website and are pretty good many aspirants refer to them.
  • How to time pass(spl UPSC aspirant edition) :D
    In forum real girls never or rarely show themselves​, but fake accounts upload beautiful girls​ pic, choose some attractive girl names.
    So pitty
    Expire@2017.
  • How to time pass(spl UPSC aspirant edition) :D
    In forum real girls never or rarely show themselves​, but fake accounts upload beautiful girls​ pic, choose some attractive girl names.
    So pitty

Satyamev jayate.. (from Mundaka Upanishad)
  • Is vajiram providing any current yr booklet?
  • This is what I am planning to do:
    1. the Hindu News paper. and Notes
    2. The Indian Express - Editorial/Opinion/Explain sections
    3. Insights IAS Current Affairs ans Quiz.
    4. At the middle of month - Last month's VISION IAS.
    5. Nothing more. Revise.
  • okk, thanks fr a positive suggestion. creating discussion here realy helpng me to orient my preparatn.
  • http://laex.in/civilsprep/current-affairs/page/7/

you can revise from here as well and try writing two ans each days arricle
  • Whay forumias has stopped making the 9pm series? If it is still going on, can anybody provide me a link of the same?
  • Versatile said:

http://laex.in/civilsprep/current-affairs/page/7/

you can revise from here as well and try writing two ans each days arricle

Thanks fr the suggestion
  • do they provide booklet for currents
  • hahaha really
    Once human now a dog bho bho
  • Read relevant articles from your selected paper, refer the other paper's articles only if you can't get both sides of issue from your daily paper, once a week. I use ForumIAS 9 pm brief to check if I missed anything that day.
    For notes, copy from 9 pm brief and Insights daily Current affairs if they have carried same article and then edit it to key phrases only.
    Use any one monthly compilation to revise and only those items not good in your notes. If you decide to stop making notes later, do so once you have made sure you won't miss anything by just relying on compilations.
    Your opinion on what is important to you also matters- their might be some articles you need to read but the compilation doesn't take because they think everyone knows or something.
    More than this is overkill
    . We are what we do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
  • I have seen the website of ksg and insight are very informative, if u regularly go through that...it wil be beneficial.
    Garima Saini
  • freeman said:

keep making " how to " threads and u will clear upsc one day :D

Ye hui na baat hahahahha

Isliye hum gathbandhan nhi karte, tootne ka darr rehta haiclear majority hona chahiye.
  • garimas said:

I have seen the website of ksg and insight are very informative, if u regularly go through that...it wil be beneficial.

Thanks garima for the valuable suggestion...the two you mentions are really helpng.

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog