Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Performance of Public Administration in Civil Services Exam-2016

It seems public administration has not performed well.
Those who got selected, please write your rank and attempt and those who didnt, please mark your presence in this thread so that an overall picture becomes clear.

Regards.
·

Comments

• out
    ·
  • Only marks can reveal the true performance of this subject....we have to wait for 2 days
    ·
  • OUT
    ·
  • Two persons known to me have made it.
    Rank in 260s and 400s..
    Prelims: 4*. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven." - P.L.1
    ·
  • Me 340s and two frns 400s
    ·
  • Rank 90 is also with pub ad
    ·
  • Mango dolly IN too
    ·
  • Rank 5, 120, 186 is Pub ad .. this I know as of now!

Pub ad has done exceedingly well .. with high marks this time. CSM 2016 has been the best year for this optional .. in last 5-6 yrs !
    Et tu, Public Admin !
    ·

Pub ad has done exceedingly well .. with high marks this time. CSM 2016 has been the best year for this optional .. in last 5-6 yrs !

That's an overstated fact.
    दुनिया तुमको तब तक नहीं खोजती जब तक तुम खुद को ढूंढ नहीं लेते ।

Prelims 3
    Mains 2
    Interview 1
    Rank -
    ·

I agree with mango dolly. I didn't clear mains and I feel Pub ad's good performance is one of the reason which would have pushed up cutoffs high. I also wrote with Pub ad and I was fairly confident of clearing mains. But in hindsight, in such an easy paper where everyone would have scored well, I didn't write unique answers.

Marks will tell the story.
    ·
  • Question paper was, no doubt, better..let's wait for marks before getting into this debate
    RBI Manager| Public Admin
    ·

I also agree that it is an overstated fact. "Exceedingly well" is not the correct word just because you know 3-4 persons with the same optional out of 1099 candidates.
    ·

Mongo dolly sir, what's your rank?.
    ·
  • How many ranks are there in top 50?.from Pub ad?
    ·

Mere group se 3 logo ne interview diya tha..none selected...hum 2 log mains me hi out ho gye the....group se 1 ne anthropology me switch kar liya tha..he is selected rank above 500...

1-2 hafte me marks aayega tab actual figure clear hoga...
    ·
  • edited June 1
    Gurukul said:

Rank 5, 120, 186 is Pub ad .. this I know as of now!

Mere group se 3 logo ne interview diya tha..none selected...hum 2 log mains me hi out ho gye the....group se 1 ne anthropology me switch kar liya tha..he is selected rank above 500...

teen din me marks ayenge bhai hafta kahaan se a gya
    ·
  • Gurukul said:

Bhai upsc 15 din ka window leke chalta h..baki aa jaye to achha hi hai...
    ·
  • Gurukul said:

Gurukul said:

Bhai upsc 15 din ka window leke chalta h..baki aa jaye to achha hi hai...
    pichle saal shayad time lga tha.. mujhe do baar daant padne ki yaad hai dono me 10 din ka gap tha
    ·
  • 81 rank is also with pub ad
    ·
  • I'm Out with pub adm :( .. 729 rank In with pub adm
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
    ·
  • @IWRA @donga123 any idea ?
    2016 - Rank < 500 , 2017 - no balls, 2018 - game on.
    ·
  • I'm Out with pub adm :( .. 729 rank In with pub adm

Bhai, please do post your marks once released. I have seen your answers and believe you have quite a good understanding of requirement of questions.
    I think they are appreciating simplicity in answers. Rest could be commented only when marks are released. :)
    ·
  • @banana ???

Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog