How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

Additional Revision Classes for Prelims17 -Govt Schemes+ Environment - UPDATED

edited May 2017 in Test Series
Dear Friends,

This is in continuation of the below threads

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/24643/register-now-revision-class-current-affairs-ir-mapping-art-culture-histor-23-may-tuesday-5pm

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/24643/register-now-revision-class-current-affairs-ir-mapping-art-culture-histor-23-may-tuesday-5pm

1. This is to inform you that registration for Art & Culture revision (25th and 26th May at 5PM-8PM )Classes is closed.Please do not come at the Test Center without registration. We are conducting repeat classes

We are now open to registrations for the below revision classes

Register Below

1. Art & Culture ( 2 Classes / Repeat of 25th and 26th May) on 27th May ( Saturday ) and 28th May (Sunday ) - Register Here
2. Modern History ( 1 Class ) on 29th May - CLOSED
3. Modern History ( 1 Class / Repeat ) on 30th May - Register Here [FILLING FAST]

4. Government Schemes, Policies & Allied Issues ( Current ) on (Wednesday), May 31 between 5PM to 8PM - REGISTER HERE
5. Environment & Ecology ( with Current Updation ) on (Friday ), June 2 between 5 PM to 8PM - REGISTER HERE

Note :
1.Handouts will be given in the class for above issues
2. The sessions on Govt Schemes and Environment may not be repeated again.

In case the seats get filled ( the registration and payment page will show unavailable ) , you can register for the next day as shown above.

Note

1. Please do not come without registration, as it creates crowd management problem.
2. Please do not register if you do not plan to attend.
3. If you are an enrolled student of Prelims Test Series ( Classroom Mode only ), this event is free for you, iff ( that is, if and only if ) you send an email to student@forumias.academy with your name and batch. Fees once paid, will NOT be refunded.
4. If you are enrolled in any other program in any other mode, kindly register as above

Comments

• I got a msg after registration. 3of us hav registered on single name. Is it ok or shuld we do it separate
  • @ForumIAS areyy sir, hum b forum ke regular member hain :) , even if not living in delhi, at least notes hi provide kr dijiye international issues vali revision classes ke if not videos....
    art 14 ka gross violation ho raha h ye to forum pe... :p
    GRAPHENE v 2.0....
  • It would be very beneficial if u make these classes available online also.. Many ppl like me would be happy to pay for online classes...it will reduce ur crowd also in the class
    all i need is You Lord
  • @ForumIAS areyy sir, hum b forum ke regular member hain :) , even if not living in delhi, at least notes hi provide kr dijiye international issues vali revision classes ke if not videos....
    art 14 ka gross violation ho raha h ye to forum pe... :p

Truly said @stable_graphene. @ForumIAS we the Forumiites living outside Delhi are very much desperate to watch the revision videos and hope that they will be uploaded soon.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • edited May 2017
    If u guys not planning to upload video kindly keep IR in one of these days 1-4:30; remaining modern n culture I will attend during 27-29 march . Just a request
  • csefnldst said:

If u guys not planning to upload video kindly keep IR in one of these days 1-4:30; remaining modern n culture I will attend 27-29 . Just a request

Even if video n repeat class not possible kindly provide notes etc of IR for those u missed IR n attending others..better upload notes in forum itself.
  • Sir,
    Thanks for great initiative. Kindly arrange the Repeat Revision classes on other subjects/ issues on next Saturday Sunday also.

• edited May 2017
    doc said:

It would be very beneficial if u make these classes available online also.. Many ppl like me would be happy to pay for online classes...it will reduce ur crowd also in the class

+1 @ForumIAS
    once again HUSTLE
  • @ForumIAS if the online mode of classes couldn't be arranged, please enlist the topics which are to be/ have been covered in the classes, specially the map-work part.
    It would be a great help for people not based in Delhi.

Thank you.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • doc said:

It would be very beneficial if u make these classes available online also.. Many ppl like me would be happy to pay for online classes...it will reduce ur crowd also in the class

+1 @ForumIAS
    +1 enrolled for modern n culture but don't wanna travel in heat plus 100 rs toh aane jaane m hi lag jaenge...
  • edited May 2017
    Any feedback on today's class?
    What all topics covered? Did you all understand it? Helpful for first timers?

Also, can someone PLEASE upload the handout that was given out?
  • @ForumIAS Videos pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • arjunk said:

it was primarily for first timers.. if you don't know anything then it will be great.. if you have read everything.. well if you can sit through the classes then it will help.. basically instead of revising.. he was explaining everything.. i think it was a forumias idea to make students memorise.. however.. classes were too long.. so if you can sit for long on two days,,, u can expect almost all of culture..

yesterday schools of indian philosophy was done in the end very quickly. it was good.. temple architecture and evolution was explained well..

however, i would say it would be more useful from mains point of view..
  • Thank you ForumIAS for conducting these classes. They are of tremendous help. Especially for me, who hates to re revise the same thing from the same book.

Thanks to Culture Sir as well. I could not do it personally because of time constraint.

The classes are long and I wish if you can start at 4, instead of stretching it till 9. Anyways thank you for conducting them.
  • arjunk said:

Thank you so much @ForumIAS for the initiative. The classes are really helpful and break the monotony of revision. Some things are definitely better remembered through such revision :) !! Indebted :)

Culture classes were good but definitely more relevant for mains as compared to prelims. If one has done basics of culture then it's good value addition. And yes, they are long - so if you can afford to spend around 4 hrs of class and travel time (if you're travelling from far) then you should attend.
  • Yes classes were definitely helpful more for freshers. @ForumIAS fees have been raised ? Now 200 per classes ?? I thought nominal charge was for effective crowd mngmnt which did work for the last 2 days. :sweat:
  • edited May 2017
    Thanks guys for bearing with us.

This feedback was epic :)

student_feedback.PNG
    283 x 502 - 39K
  • vivekias said:

Yes classes were definitely helpful more for freshers. @ForumIAS fees have been raised ? Now 200 per classes ?? I thought nominal charge was for effective crowd mngmnt which did work for the last 2 days. :sweat:

So that we avoid the situation where prelims appearing candidates have to run to xerox shops for photostat :)
  • Kindly upload video n pdf of IR as both classes are over...
  • Sir ji kripaya hand out notes de dijie for those not in Delhi.
    2013-Failed Pre by 7 marks
    2014-Failed Pre by 1 marks
    2015-Failed Mains by 25 marks
    2016-Failed Pre
    2017-Final Battle
  • I hope the ACs in the class will be working this time :|
  • edited May 2017
    friend any1 know art & culture classes 27,28 ko repeat hogi ya new revision batch start hogi bcoz i attend 25 and 26 class.

They will be repeat
  • Can anyone tell about where i can get art& culture hand out.. i fogot the shop mention in notice.. I attendd class at 25&26
  • bongo123 said:

Can anyone tell about where i can get art& culture hand out.. i fogot the shop mention in notice.. I attendd class at 25&26

Image runner
  • Did they mention or have given any handout? I left early. What is the status of Art and Culture handout. I missed it. Anyone who had attended the class?
  • mukadar said:

Did they mention or have given any handout? I left early. What is the status of Art and Culture handout. I missed it. Anyone who had attended the class?

They have told us to collect the handout from image runner shop

• @ forumias bhai pls AC ka kuch kar Dena...garmi me sabki energy half ho jaati h...
  • csefnldst said:

@ forumias bhai pls AC ka kuch kar Dena...garmi me sabki energy half ho jaati h...

Need of the hour is 2 solve Ac problem.Dis wil nt only help students bt also teachers wud be benefited.
  • csefnldst said:

@ forumias bhai pls AC ka kuch kar Dena...garmi me sabki energy half ho jaati h...

Need of the hour is 2 solve Ac problem.Dis wil nt only help students bt also teachers wud be benefited.
    Hi guys, we are working on it. The landlord had some issue with the electricity department and they have done some technical issue due to which we cannot run all the ACs. So we put up 6 exhaust fans, but it was really hot today so while it was better than day 1 and day 2, its not really fine.

We also reached out to forum members who are in DANICS and IAS in Delhi, but BSES is a private company , and there is no one on deputation in BSES also.

If any of you reading this has anyone in BSES, please reach out to us, it will be really helpful. we assure you that we are running to get this done at the earliest.
  • @arjunk

here is the reply to your question.. sorry for late reply

sorry, i saw your message very late..i think u wud have already attended or missed the classes by now.

1) i attended both, but in second i took breaks to go out. i have already prepared everything, but i just went to hear things while waiting for the results.

2) you could have just gone and listened. to be honest, it may or may not help you in prelims, but will definitelly help you in mains. that is not just about the classes, but about culture as a whole. however, 1-2 questions will definitely come in prelims from what they taught

3) they covered the basics well, i wouldnt say everything of the entire syllabus was covered. there are too many facts, they did was the barebones +some more. but if you read the book after it, it will all begin to make sense.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog