How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

REGISTER NOW - Revision Class-Current Affairs(IR+Mapping )+Art&Culture+Histor-23 May,Tuesday@5PM

edited May 2017 in Test Series
Update : Download the updated plan here.

http://discuss.forumias.com/uploads/FileUpload/c8/99743805e914cf294ad5cd180f29c9.pdf

Today we have a session at 5PM. Please bring Atlas and World Map few copies.

Dear Friends, Thank you for the tremendous response for the revision classes. While we were trying to solve the echo problem in the empty classroom ( hence the random objects in the classroom along the walls ), we had no idea people in such large numbers would turn up.

Thank you for it. Also we apologise for not being able to cater to all of you. More than 400 people turned up, but we could hardly cater to one third of it.

The goal of the revision class was simple, quickly cover as many topics as possible so that you

1) you identify focus areas
2) you listen to them at least once in the classroom so that you can quickly recall it
3) do it in the minimum time possible.

We will be conducting a repeat class, slightly enhanced of the same revision class on Tuesday, May 23rd at 5PM to 8 PM.

This even however, requires prior registration and payment of nominal fee , so that we can track how many people are coming. The seats are limited . We will try to avoid the situation where students have to sit on the floor or keep standing to the best of our capabilities. ( we are pained at this too. ) A registration fee of Rs. 100 will be applicable / session, but please note that

1) The registration fees collected are not paid for services rendered by ForumIAS and do no reflect the value of sessions provided
2) The fees so paid will not refunded, as due to less price people bulk book and then dont come and waste the seat.
3) The fees are merely a deterrent to ensure that only genuine students writing the Prelims come, people from nearby libraries don't just join to spend time in the evening.

Some pictures from today's class.

We are sorry you had to face this, but we hope that the classes benefit you . These will form a part of the stories you tell when you are successful.

It was good to see some of our top members join us today :smiley:

Revision Class - Current Affairs - ( International Issues/Orgs/Events/People/Places/Map) at 5PM on May 23

We will be holding the revision class for those who missed it out on Monday, May 22 due to lack of seating capacity. The event requires registration by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 100 per session

CLICK HERE to register - - https://www.instamojo.com/ForumIAS/revision-class-current-affairs-international/

About future classes :smile:

We will take one class on Modern Indian History on Monday, May 29th at 5PM ( Please attend it if you can, it has the highest RoI . We will make sure all the Wavell Plan and August Offer makes sense to you and you remember it all for once. Just sit patiently and listen and we will cover Spectrum and NCERT +more + previous years questions.)

MODERN HISTORY
A lot of you would have reluctance in taking this class, as good text is available ( We recommend Spectrum and old NCERT ) , but if you still get confused between events from 1905 to 1947, this class should help. Especially for new comers/ those who have not cleared prelims before , or simply those who are unable to do self study at this moment.

CLICK to register -

https://www.instamojo.com/ForumIAS/revision-class-modern-history-29-may-at-5pm/

ART & CULTURE - Thursday & Friday ( May 25 and May 26, 5 PM to 8 PM )

We plan to take two classes on Art & Culture. In this we will help you set the entire framework for Art & Culture, and it will benefit those who keep struggling with A & C. You should be able to have a solid structure in mind with respect to A & C, and when you read any book/text, it will begin to make sense. This will stay till Mains as well.

CLICK to register - https://www.instamojo.com/ForumIAS/revision-class-art-culture-2-classes-25-26-m/

We are trying our best to provide revision classes on the below. We will drop you an email as soon as we can.

1) Government Schemes
2) Environment
3) Economy

Venue : ForumIAS Academy, 3rd Floor, Shop No. 6, Old Rajinder Nagar, Near Syndicate Bank, New Delhi 110060imageimage
4.jpeg
1040 x 780 - 221K
3.jpeg
1040 x 780 - 226K
2.jpeg
787 x 317 - 107K
1.jpeg
367 x 653 - 99K
pdf
pdf
ForumIAS - Revision Class May 23 at 5PM.pdf

Comments

• edited May 2017
    @ForumIAS , will you be uploading videos ?
    It would be greatly benificial for students
    Even if it is paid (rs 200 per lecture as is reg fees ) on fourmias.academy
    once again HUSTLE
  • @ForumIAS , will you be uploading videos ?
    Even if it is paid (rs 100 per lecture as is reg fees ) on fourmias.academy

Dear Zohan, the videos are not studio grade as of now. The class was too overcrowded with more than 140-150 students against the seating capacity of 120 students. We are trying to re-record it for better settings. This should take time.
  • edited May 2017
    ForumIAS said:

Dear Zohan, the videos are not studio grade as of now. The class was too overcrowded with more than 140-150 students against the seating capacity of 120 students. We are trying to re-record it for better settings. This should take time.
    Thanks @ForumIAS , will it be availabe in this week ? , even raw videos (with just background noise reduction (via audacity etc) will be immensely helpful , if they can be made available at the earliest
    Thankyou for this great initiative
    once again HUSTLE
  • @ForumIAS u guys are doing great work......but please make videos of these sessions such that it should be beneficial to thousands of students not only limited to (100-150) students........if u want charge some minimal fee for these videos ......but bhagwan ke liye please provide them online also
  • Do the students of prelims offline test series also need to register?
  • edited May 2017

Do the students of prelims offline test series also need to register?

"The registration fee is to be paid by all students except students of ForumIAS Prelims Test Series ( Classroom ) Students. All MGP/Online Students must register by paying the nominal sum of Rs. 200 only."This means you are already registered as there is no free registration on instantmojo.hai na @ForumIAS
    but I read it after payment.when I had already paid for the IR class :)

• ForumIAS said:

Thanks @ForumIAS , will it be availabe in this week ? , even raw videos (with just background noise reduction (via audacity etc) will be immensely helpful , if they can be made available at the earliest
    Very rightly said @zohanmukharjee

@ForumIAS plz plz upload the videos of the sessions for people who couldn't go to the centre. It will be a RAMBAAN at this point of time.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • @ForumIAS If you can't upload video on YouTube or VIMEO, upload those on Forum ACADEMY plz.
  • An earnest request for the video. I'm working and can't attend. The video will be very very useful.
  • Please make that video available online...Many of us not from Delhi, will be immensely helpful.
  • edited May 2017
    Registered! Paid 200, but not it shows event ticket as 100? This is not fair.

Yesterday's session was good, my friend had kept a seat for me, but I could not reach the 3rd floor itself there were far too many people on the staircase.

This registration process by paying a nominal fee is a good thing. It will at least ensure that people dont just come for timepass.

Thank you forumias for such events, really helps people like us who are waiting for final results, but cant study at all.

Please try to conduct one session on Environment and one on Government Schemes.. lot of new schemes had come, and last year sir had taught very nicely govt schemes.

Message for ForumIAS

A refund will be issued to ensure that everyone pays equal fees. Please give us 1 working days time
  • edited May 2017
    This seems unfair I paid 200 in the morning and now it it 100 ..

Message for ForumIAS

A refund will be issued to ensure that everyone pays equal fees. Please give us 1 working days time
  • edited May 2017
    Sharing an audio/video recording by philanthropic members who attend might be a jugaad (workaround) worth trying. That is, if forumias is ok with it.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • ForumIAS said:

Yes ForumIas ... appreciate your efforts

Being away from Delhi ..... we too are enthusiastic to get a glimpse

Plz upload videos to cater the needs of larger student community

• sir outside delhi walo par bhi paropkar karo..please upload the video :)
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • @""forum ias" when seats are full payment link would be disabled ???
  • Are koi recorded video ka b jugaad krdo yaar B)
  • Last year ForumIAS test series was very very good..

I don't know how forum teachers are but as people are yet vying to get a seat shows forumias has raised the level of the game..

Forumias keep continuing good work.. :smile:
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
  • edited May 2017

Sharing an audio/video recording by philanthropic members who attend might be a jugaad (workaround) worth trying. That is, if forumias is ok with it.

all the best bro for 2017. you are awesome have followed u for long.. :+1:
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
  • ab kya iske liye bhi fees loge..darr create kiya ja rha hai ajkal ORN mein for prelims..
  • Cremator said:

all the best bro for 2017. you are awesome have followed u for long.. :+1:
    Thanks buddy. Same to you.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • The revision class was very good but the heat was unbearable.
  • @root @forum ias kindly collaborate with neostensil or flavido etc to make a course out of it for say 500-700 with couple of lecture govt scheme n Economy ...heat is unbearable even for those in Delhi...kindly look into it
  • edited May 2017
    I was trying to say that without AC, it was very tough to sit in fans as there was a huge crowd. But the class was undoubtedly good.
  • Uchit sthan prapt karne ke liye kis gadi bata gaye sthan mai ana hoga parso wali class ke liye ,5 se jyada pehle to ni ana padega,
    "Mitti jaise sapne kitna bhi jhado palko mai fir aajate hain"
  • @ForumIAS Plz upload the PDF of probable topics to be discussed (similar to the first session on IR)
  • Revision class on International issues was extremely extremely useful.
    Waiting for the next such class.
    Thank You @ForumIAS
  • Log to aise feedback de rhe hain...Lagta HAI amrit paan kar aayen hain in classes....Good....Dudes carry-on...We didn't have much opportunities like u.....Sticking to my continuing plan
  • Log to aise feedback de rhe hain...Lagta HAI amrit paan kar aayen hain in classes....Good....Dudes carry-on...We didn't have much opportunities like u.....Sticking to my continuing plan

Bhai sach me accha tha. Warna kise padi hai free me.inki promotions kare wo bhi is time. Delhi me rahne ke kuch to fayde milenge na, just relative heez hai, kya bolna aur.
  • vivekias said:

Log to aise feedback de rhe hain...Lagta HAI amrit paan kar aayen hain in classes....Good....Dudes carry-on...We didn't have much opportunities like u.....Sticking to my continuing plan

Bhai sach me accha tha. Warna kise padi hai free me.inki promotions kare wo bhi is time. Delhi me rahne ke kuch to fayde milenge na, just relative heez hai, kya bolna aur.
    Hmmm....Agreed bro....Koi print out material agar mile to jaroor share karna dost....Thanks in advance
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog