Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Fate of IAS/IPS officers.

edited May 19 in Miscellaneous
Recently, a young IAS officer Anurag Tiwari died suspiciously.

Today, in news we saw that three senior bureacrats have been found guilty of coal scam in MP.

Few days back a young lady IPS was moved to tears by an MLA.

Sometimes back a senior IAS officer's family was so much tortured that his whole family including him committed suicide.

A number of IAS/IPS officers have been sent to prison under false cases, or tortured by investigating agencies, so on and so forth.

So the question that pops up in my mind is that should the post of IAS /IPS be considered as plum as we think of now or has it degraded a bit/lot taking ground realities into account.

Does this exam deserve years and years of preparation?
·

Comments

• Go for Indian foreign service, or any other central service.(They are very good for family life n ur spouse too can work since posted in capital)

That MP incident of lady ips officer was very bad.
    I strongly believe Anurag tiwari died of heart attack or fits n media is cooking stories for trp.

Its very natural to get these type of dilemmas in mind.
    ·
  • edited May 20
    @orndelhi2018
    It is very unfortunate that these events have happened(specially today's ruling), in fact in the morining I felt like posing the same question on twitter to Ashok Khemka.
    However, we should not assume that all the civil servants behave in the interests of larger common good, or are not sycophants of their political masters. We have seen the case of IPS officer, touching the feet of an Ex CM publicly in a function, we have also see a Bureaucrat couple ammasing a huge wealth, in MP Cadre. There are perversions which are built into the IAS-Class.

I think the way out, as APJ Abdul Kalam had once pointed out, "The birds when the rains come, look for the shelter but the eagles, they fly above the clouds".

I recently had a chat with a friend who is assisting DM in a particular district. The present DM was transferred out and the new DM is not working with even half the vision of the previous one. Point being, IAS are different individuals and they work in their own priorities and efficiency. The Position gives an individual enough opportunities to leave a considerable mark on the lives of millions, this cannot be disputed. But in the end its a individual's call.

Coming back to APJ's remark. We must strive hard to build ourselves, our knowledge, skills and education. Raghuram Rajan (and various other IAS officers as well) are a fine example of a constant learner. Stagnation is an invitation to problems.

I hope that Justice prevails in Anurag Tiwari Sir's case but I do hope that my message reaches out to maximum people, who believe that becoming an IAS is everything, its only a beginning and we have to keep building ourselves in order to survive and contribute.
    ·
  • @orndelhi2018
    It is very unfortunate that these events have happened(specially today's ruling), in fact in the morining I felt like posing the same question on twitter to Ashok Khemka.
    However, we should not assume that all the civil servants behave in the interests of larger common good, or are not sycophants of their political masters. We have seen the case of IPS officer, touching the feet of an Ex CM publicly in a function, we have also see a Bureaucrat couple ammasing a huge wealth, in MP Cadre. There are perversions which are built into the IAS-Class.

I think the way out, as APJ Abdul Kalam had once pointed out, "The birds when the rains come, look for the shelter but the eagles, they fly above the clouds".

I recently had a chat with a friend who is assisting DM in a particular district. The present DM was transferred out and the new DM is not working with even half the vision of the previous one. Point being, IAS are different individuals and they work in their own priorities and efficiency. The Position gives an individual enough opportunities to leave a considerable mark on the lives of millions, this cannot be disputed. But in the end its a individual's call.

Coming back to APJ's remark. We must strive hard to build ourselves, our knowledge, skills and education. Raghuram Rajan (and various other IAS officers as well) are a fine example of a constant learner. Stagnation is an invitation to problems.

I hope that Justice prevails in Anurag Tiwari Sir's case but I do hope that my message reaches out to maximum people, who believe that becoming an IAS is everything, its only a beginning and we have to keep building ourselves in order to survive and contribute.

+10000000000000000000
    <3
    ·
  • One of the articles I read mentioned that he had a seizure, and he had also been playing badminton or something with a fellow officer prior to heading back home.

Look man, we all know what happened to Satyendra Dubey and Narendra Kumar. Does that stop hundreds of hardworking, brilliant people from joining civil services? Women have to face lewd behaviour/eve teasing/groping daily, does it stop them from heading out to work/school/college?

These aren't plum jobs, there are no plum jobs in life. Even the vilest, most poisonous, politicians have to lick someone else's feet. Amma couldn't have been anymore larger than life, see what happened to her in the end.

So don't prepare for years. Way back folks used to prepare for IITs and medical for 3-4 years straight. Until IIT-JEE put its foot down to 2 chances. Make it or find something else. There are a thousand opportunities to be had if you consider all work alike.
    ·
  • One of the articles I read mentioned that he had a seizure, and he had also been playing badminton or something with a fellow officer prior to heading back home.

Look man, we all know what happened to Satyendra Dubey and Narendra Kumar. Does that stop hundreds of hardworking, brilliant people from joining civil services? Women have to face lewd behaviour/eve teasing/groping daily, does it stop them from heading out to work/school/college?

These aren't plum jobs, there are no plum jobs in life. Even the vilest, most poisonous, politicians have to lick someone else's feet. Amma couldn't have been anymore larger than life, see what happened to her in the end.

So don't prepare for years. Way back folks used to prepare for IITs and medical for 3-4 years straight. Until IIT-JEE put its foot down to 2 chances. Make it or find something else. There are a thousand opportunities to be had if you consider all work alike.

<3 Go. Dubai !
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • Hah, not Dubai.
    ·
  • Champa Biswas case in 1998 was most chilling. Where a senior IAS officer's wife was allegedly raped by Mritunjay Yadav. This man's mother was minister, she called ias officers wife at home and locked her inside with M yadav. He also raped wife's mother, sister in law, 2 maids and IAS officer niece. Several complaints were lodged but no one listened as this guy wrote biography of Lalu Yadav and also as per reports even he himself was accused in the case. Fearing for their safety they fled to Delhi.
    IAS officer died three years later due to severe tension.
    ·
  • Really we r talking about this? I mean ask any civil servant, not one will agree. Yes this job is demanding, bit risky if u go against those big wigs, but these reasons and talking about fate ??

Oh these sound like big excuses of avoiding thinking of getting into civil servant job due to different reasons.

Civil servant job is most reputable, and demanding job . For all the reasons said and talked about here, if any IAS officer feels being unduly over-pressurized or getting over stressed, one will walk away from that job. Moreover, private sector is ready to embrace those people any day with heavy pay check. So they have both option, any day.

But just talking about "fate of IAS/IPS officers" is like talking nonsense, please don't mind it. But mere selection here certifies your capability. Become one then think otherwise.
    ·
  • edited May 20
    vivekias said:

Really we r talking about this? I mean ask any civil servant, not one will agree. Yes this job is demanding, bit risky if u go against those big wigs, but these reasons and talking about fate ??

Oh these sound like big excuses of avoiding thinking of getting into civil servant job due to different reasons.

Civil servant job is most reputable, and demanding job . For all the reasons said and talked about here, if any IAS officer feels being unduly over-pressurized or getting over stressed, one will walk away from that job. Moreover, private sector is ready to embrace those people any day with heavy pay check. So they have both option, any day.

But just talking about "fate of IAS/IPS officers" is like talking nonsense, please don't mind it. But mere selection here certifies your capability. Become one then think otherwise.

nonsene topic ho to kyun reply kar rahe ho..don't wste ur time..go prep for exam...

abhi bachhe ho..bade ho jao..akal ki bahut kami lag rahi tumme..

·
  • We should. We should talk about the ugliest aspects of the job.
    Everyone wants to know about the perks, what are the pitfalls?
    ·
  • whatever said:

Champa Biswas case in 1998 was most chilling. Where a senior IAS officer's wife was allegedly raped by Mritunjay Yadav. This man's mother was minister, she called ias officers wife at home and locked her inside with M yadav. He also raped wife's mother, sister in law, 2 maids and IAS officer niece. Several complaints were lodged but no one listened as this guy wrote biography of Lalu Yadav and also as per reports even he himself was accused in the case. Fearing for their safety they fled to Delhi.

Many senior officers say this that its so easy to earn crores and crores in service but beware, as your wife, your daughter all are at politicians mercy in that case. They would say things to them in front of you and you won't be able to do anything. So be honest.

·
  • vivekias said:

Really we r talking about this? I mean ask any civil servant, not one will agree. Yes this job is demanding, bit risky if u go against those big wigs, but these reasons and talking about fate ??

nonsene topic ho to kyun reply kar rahe ho..don't wste ur time..go prep for exam...

I dnt know y u getting pissed. Kaha ba maine personal opinion hai. Judgemental hona shuru ?? Sorry to say aise hi baithe gaali dena saare ias waalon ko... Bacche sab aage nikal na jae. Sorry koi mood off krne ka intention na hai. But u acting as damn demotivator.
    ·
  • whatever said:

Champa Biswas case in 1998 was most chilling. Where a senior IAS officer's wife was allegedly raped by Mritunjay Yadav. This man's mother was minister, she called ias officers wife at home and locked her inside with M yadav. He also raped wife's mother, sister in law, 2 maids and IAS officer niece. Several complaints were lodged but no one listened as this guy wrote biography of Lalu Yadav and also as per reports even he himself was accused in the case. Fearing for their safety they fled to Delhi.

Sent chills down my spine. Bad! Bad! No wonder he died of severe tension. Such mental wounds CANNOT heal. Bad bad people! Where did humanity go wrong? Where? I'm literally moved to tears. Some people seriously have a "bad deal" in life. And there's no way out for them. Makes me resent life even more. Day isn't far when some people will actually begin stealing bread from others' hand and rape women thinking it's their birthright to do so. Sigh...

Citizenmonk@gmail.com

*Account not in use*

Please contact me on email id above.
    ·
  • edited May 20
    Champa biswas case is horrifying . :(

https://g.co/kgs/765Tiv this movie insaaf is inspired by this incident.
    ·
  • vivekias said:

vivekias said:

I dnt know y u getting pissed. Kaha ba maine personal opinion hai. Judgemental hona shuru ?? Sorry to say aise hi baithe gaali dena saare ias waalon ko... Bacche sab aage nikal na jae. Sorry koi mood off krne ka intention na hai. But u acting as damn demotivator.
    True.

@orndelhi2018 , bhai, please be polite. Don't act in a condescending manner.
    Everyone has been a child at one point or another. :)
    Prelims: 4*. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
    ·
  • opinion to personal hi hota hai.. is dere any other kind of opinion that exists? if yes, pease enlighten me..

sorry to lose the politeness quotient

m very polite by heart , though words smtimes go the other way round.
    ·
  • whatever said:

wasn't she was second wife of the senior officer? and had extra marital affair with politicians son......but later when things went awry, she filed false rape case...correct me if i am wrong....
    "old wine in new bottle"....in with state services.
    ·
  • HC acquitted the accused in Champa Biswas rape case in 2010 saying that it was consensual.
    https://indiankanoon.org/doc/25500795/
    ·
  • edited May 20
    whatever said:

Opinions are different in champa biswas case..one is rape allegation but it was also alleged that she was having extramarital affair with mrityunjay yadav and hence was indulging in consensual sex ..she also went for abortion and then sterlisation to avoid further pregnancy.. So nobody knows the real truth..
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
    ·
  • vivekias said:

vivekias said:

True.

@orndelhi2018 , bhai, please be polite. Don't act in a condescending manner.
    Everyone has been a child at one point or another. :)
    Thanks Dr. Some people do not mean to change. Few days back I called someone Sir, and I was corrected as his mate since aren't we both preparing for same exam ? Different attitudes !

I could have said more but no point arguing with some "self-proclaimed Veteran gurus".
    ·
  • Bhai read the whole case from 1998 to 2010. How case was weakened by people in power. Public prosecutor was threatened so much that he even quit the bar. She even accused mightiest person of the state. Her husband died in 2001. She was on her own. Do you think she filed false rape case of herself, her mother, her in law, husband's niece to be entirely ruined, leaving an obscure, terrified life? Do you think she had no other way out? Having affair than fleeing and saying these things?
    ·
  • whatever said:

Bhai read the whole case from 1998 to 2010. How case was weakened by people in power. Public prosecutor was threatened so much that he even quit the bar. She even accused mightiest person of the state. Her husband died in 2001. She was on her own. Do you think she filed false rape case of herself, her mother, her in law, husband's niece to be entirely ruined, leaving an obscure, terrified life? Do you think she had no other way out? Having affair than fleeing and saying these things?

Bhai I wrote the arguments from both sides and it was not my point of view .i never said allegations of affair is correct.
    Nevertheless, If someone asks my opinion then no doubt she was raped and assaulted..and court succumbed to political goons.
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
    ·
  • edited May 20

Recently, a young IAS officer Anurag Tiwari died suspiciously.

Today, in news we saw that three senior bureacrats have been found guilty of coal scam in MP.

Few days back a young lady IPS was moved to tears by an MLA.

Sometimes back a senior IAS officer's family was so much tortured that his whole family including him committed suicide.

A number of IAS/IPS officers have been sent to prison under false cases, or tortured by investigating agencies, so on and so forth.

So the question that pops up in my mind is that should the post of IAS /IPS be considered as plum as we think of now or has it degraded a bit/lot taking ground realities into account.

Does this exam deserve years and years of preparation?

Yes.

people do die in PVT companies also
    people do die in top research firms in the first world
    people do die in startups
    people do die at universities (professors)

Death can strike anytime, anywhere and anyone can be on the receiving end. You can never be sure about the next moment. Choosing a SAFE career option is the worst possible career advice ever. period!
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Would be great to hear @Neyawn sirs views and opinion on bureaucracy vs politicians in practical aspect.
    if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog