[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Motivation for CSE

How to keep yourself motivated throughout the preparation for UPSC?
·

Comments

• edited May 19
    Neeli
    batti ,rutba,money,respect,fame,power,helping people u like,revenge on people u dislike,to get superior feeling among private and foreign posted friends,security of job,so many people to do ur work well paid by govt,become governor or enter politics after retirement
    ·
  • I chat with @Tudor :mrgreen:
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Only you yourself can motivate you through this long journey.
    Keep the goal in mind and remember the first day when you thought of preparing. The energy of that first day will keep you going.
    ·
  • I chat with @Tudor :mrgreen:

Give me his number. Even I need motivation from time to time. (~_^)
    ·
  • Tudor said:

I chat with @Tudor :mrgreen:

And I chat with @dragonborn
    Dood, when will you publish your book - The monk who sold his smartphone? :mrgreen:
    Tudor bhai Dragon bhai raat bhr dabake chabake hilake enjoy krte :o
    ·
  • Lolwut
    ·
  • edited May 19
    Tudor said:

Tudor said:

Dood, when will you publish your book - The monk who sold his smartphone? :mrgreen:
    Matter serious lagta hai Chinese Bro. :| :|
    Kuch kro unka kal raat bhr vahashipane Mai the dragon bhai :o
    ·
  • edited May 19

Tudor said:

Last wala to natural hai but ye shuru K do word antaratma ko Jhakjhorne wale lag rhe :o
    ·
  • roz hanuman chalisa padho :D
    ·
  • Is thread ko sab bhool gaye.. :wink:
    Motivation k liye hi hai....sab uspe jaao.......khoob motivation milega.... :|

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/21727/motivational-thread/#Item_186
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
    ·
  • Neeli
    batti ,rutba,money,respect,fame,power,helping people u like,revenge on people u dislike,to get superior feeling among private and foreign posted friends,security of job,so many people to do ur work well paid by govt,become governor or enter politics after retirement

honest reply . good.
    ·
  • edited May 19

Neeli

is highly materialistic soch se nahi mil pati UPSC me succes as far as i have observed,

thoda spiritual, thoda philosophical, thoda societal mindset bhi zaruri hai,

warna one cannot sustain over the long time required in UPSC prep,

frustration creeps in soon after few failures if one is motivated only by selfish materialistic objectives.
    ·
  • Neeli

is highly materialistic soch se nahi mil pati UPSC me succes as far as i have observed,

frustration creeps in soon after few failures if one is motivated only by selfish materialistic objectives.
    you are also correct
    ·
  • Neeli

Bohot aage jaoge vai. Aapse Milne ki bohot iccha hai. Shayad kuch saalo main aapse direct Plot No. 5-B, 6th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Marg, New Delhi Mai hi mulakat ho! o:)
    ·
  • fcckfk said:

Neeli

you are also correct
    Saare correct answers ke beech ek apna bhi "most appropriate answer" choose kar lena :wink:
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
    ·
  • motivation bouts are infrequent and don't sustain long. in major part of the journey, treating study as duty and dispassionately doing it in a disciplined manner, is what sees one through
    ·
  • fcckfk said:

motivation bouts are infrequent and don't sustain long. in major part of the journey, treating study as duty and dispassionately doing it in a disciplined manner, is what sees one through

Thanks. That was needed. :-)
    ·
  • You are making a mistake when you think you need motivation for this exam.

What you need is this: falling in love with the process of learning.

This is how simple graduates have aced in this exam.Fall in love with all the subjects with all the papers and continuously improve yourself(in terms of clearing the exam and not in terms of being knowledgeable).Do not set sights on the target(becoming an IAS).Do not compare yourself to anyone.Just fall in love with the process of learning.Motivation will be out of the question as your sights are not set on clearing the exam but improving your ability to clear it.

Divide the process of improving your ability into simple manageable tasks.Complete those tasks daily(this will in turn maintain motivation levels).Slowly staying disciplined and dedicated to your goal of improving yourself will shape your mind and personality and in the end you'll find yourself in Mussorie.It is as simple as that.You wont believe it because you think this is too simplistic.

Hinderances tothis approach :smile:

Thinking of what being an IAS will be like
    Not being disciplined
    Not taking yourself seriously
    Not knowing how to improve yourself
    Not knowing how to set targets
    A bad atmosphere in which you can improve yourself(people continuously teling you cannot do it)

so change this and you will win
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
    ·

This is how simple graduates have aced in this exam.Fall in love with all the subjects with all the papers and continuously improve yourself(in terms of clearing the exam and not in terms of being knowledgeable).Do not set sights on the target(becoming an IAS).Do not compare yourself to anyone.Just fall in love with the process of learning.Motivation will be out of the question as your sights are not set on clearing the exam but improving your ability to clear it.

Divide the process of improving your ability into simple manageable tasks.Complete those tasks daily(this will in turn maintain motivation levels).Slowly staying disciplined and dedicated to your goal of improving yourself will shape your mind and personality and in the end you'll find yourself in Mussorie.It is as simple as that.You wont believe it because you think this is too simplistic.

Not being disciplined
    A bad atmosphere in which you can improve yourself(people continuously teling you cannot do it)

·
  • I think motivation comes from inside, the more you take seriously your dream..the more u feel motivated. also, keep dreaming again to creat false notion of motivation to kep u moving . read gud success stories..it will fire up to prfrm better. it wil be difficlut but fr what u r aspiring is more difficult..keep it in mind.

thank u fr ur suggestion.
    ·
  • How to keep yourself motivated throughout the preparation for UPSC?

Read some serious literature. Stoics treated longing for motivation with contempt. They considered motivation good only for sissies. Their mantra was DISCIPLINE instead of motivation. Anyway here is a stoic 'motivational' passage:

*Ever since you were born, you have been doing nothing but damage to different degrees to various forms of life on Earth that have crossed their paths with your existence at one point or another in life. Don’t you for a second believe that you deserve anything – it is a true miracle that you are where you are because things could have been much, much worse. The world owes you nothing and you have absolutely no real rights except for the right to do your duty and give ever-motherfucking-single piece back and quit being a selfish bastard.

You scared? Tough luck, even if you shit your pants, you should be on your way to where you need to go.

You bored? It just means you’re not doing enough, now get off your ass and make your existence somehow worthwhile.

You angry? Oh, did somebody dare to cross off your majesty? How dare they! Did they forget that the world revolves around you and that everything that happens should be taken personally? Who made you the fucking queen of the world, excuse me then! Ultimately, they’re hurting themselves because we’re all made of same dirt so if anything, you should feel sorry for them for doing this and sorry for yourself for feeling this anger.

You embarrassed? How the fuck is feeling that way going to fix the future? Whatever happened in the past should stay there. If there’s something you can do NOW to fix it, certainly go ahead, but if the damage has already been done, stop wasting your life by beating yourself down and get on with it.

You self-conscious? Not doing something you should be doing right now because you worry what others will think of you? Well, you are a worthless piece of shit (we’ve already established that) and as long as you’re doing good, it doesn’t really matter what others think because you don’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Remember that.

Wondering what the purpose of your life is? Hate to break it to you, but you are just one little silly human being out of billions on this planet and you gotta stop thinking about changing the world. The purpose of a car is to drive it if it’s sitting in your driveway, but it becomes artwork once you stick it on a wall. Same with life. The world was fine before you were born and it’s gonna go on just as it did after you die. There is nothing inherently special about you – you’re just a very specific combination of genes and past experience but so is everybody else. Does that make you depressed, have you thought about ending your life yet? Well, that’s just what a coward would do, isn’t it?

And I know you’re not a coward because you’re sitting here reading this. I know that on some level, you want to be better than you were yesterday. You’ve started being indebted from the very second you were born, from the first sip of milk you had as a baby to the carbon footprint and the heartbreaks and the pollution and generally just a giant mess of life you’ve been creating just by your very existence, and now it’s time to pay it back. Start by those closest to you and give as much as you can, work for good without thinking about the rewards, because you only have the right to repay your debt, and the rewards will come if they want to, it has very little to do with your doing.

Are you worried about the future? Completely unnecessary once you’ve thought through your actions completely, considered whether you have (1) complete, (2) some, or (3) no control over the thing in question, and then did your best with the knowledge you had. You did your part, and now you can be at peace and go to bed each night calm that you have learned your lessons, paid your debts, and are closer to perfection...*

·
  • vandana70 said:

Read some serious literature. Stoics treated longing for motivation with contempt. They considered motivation good only for sissies. Their mantra was DISCIPLINE instead of motivation. Anyway here is a stoic 'motivational' passage:

*Ever since you were born, you have been doing nothing but damage to different degrees to various forms of life on Earth that have crossed their paths with your existence at one point or another in life. Don’t you for a second believe that you deserve anything – it is a true miracle that you are where you are because things could have been much, much worse. The world owes you nothing and you have absolutely no real rights except for the right to do your duty and give ever-motherfucking-single piece back and quit being a selfish bastard.

You scared? Tough luck, even if you shit your pants, you should be on your way to where you need to go.

You bored? It just means you’re not doing enough, now get off your ass and make your existence somehow worthwhile.

You angry? Oh, did somebody dare to cross off your majesty? How dare they! Did they forget that the world revolves around you and that everything that happens should be taken personally? Who made you the fucking queen of the world, excuse me then! Ultimately, they’re hurting themselves because we’re all made of same dirt so if anything, you should feel sorry for them for doing this and sorry for yourself for feeling this anger.

You embarrassed? How the fuck is feeling that way going to fix the future? Whatever happened in the past should stay there. If there’s something you can do NOW to fix it, certainly go ahead, but if the damage has already been done, stop wasting your life by beating yourself down and get on with it.

You self-conscious? Not doing something you should be doing right now because you worry what others will think of you? Well, you are a worthless piece of shit (we’ve already established that) and as long as you’re doing good, it doesn’t really matter what others think because you don’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Remember that.

Wondering what the purpose of your life is? Hate to break it to you, but you are just one little silly human being out of billions on this planet and you gotta stop thinking about changing the world. The purpose of a car is to drive it if it’s sitting in your driveway, but it becomes artwork once you stick it on a wall. Same with life. The world was fine before you were born and it’s gonna go on just as it did after you die. There is nothing inherently special about you – you’re just a very specific combination of genes and past experience but so is everybody else. Does that make you depressed, have you thought about ending your life yet? Well, that’s just what a coward would do, isn’t it?

And I know you’re not a coward because you’re sitting here reading this. I know that on some level, you want to be better than you were yesterday. You’ve started being indebted from the very second you were born, from the first sip of milk you had as a baby to the carbon footprint and the heartbreaks and the pollution and generally just a giant mess of life you’ve been creating just by your very existence, and now it’s time to pay it back. Start by those closest to you and give as much as you can, work for good without thinking about the rewards, because you only have the right to repay your debt, and the rewards will come if they want to, it has very little to do with your doing.

Are you worried about the future? Completely unnecessary once you’ve thought through your actions completely, considered whether you have (1) complete, (2) some, or (3) no control over the thing in question, and then did your best with the knowledge you had. You did your part, and now you can be at peace and go to bed each night calm that you have learned your lessons, paid your debts, and are closer to perfection...*

·
  • vandana70 said:

Thank you so much for the motivation.
    ·

Not being disciplined

+1
    ·
  • कोशिश करने वालों की

लहरों से डर कर नौका पार नहीं होती,
    कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।

नन्हीं चींटी जब दाना लेकर चलती है,
    चढ़ती दीवारों पर, सौ बार फिसलती है।
    मन का विश्वास रगों में साहस भरता है,
    चढ़कर गिरना, गिरकर चढ़ना न अखरता है।
    आख़िर उसकी मेहनत बेकार नहीं होती,

डुबकियां सिंधु में गोताखोर लगाता है,
    जा जा कर खाली हाथ लौटकर आता है।
    मिलते नहीं सहज ही मोती गहरे पानी में,
    बढ़ता दुगना उत्साह इसी हैरानी में।
    मुट्ठी उसकी खाली हर बार नहीं होती,

असफलता एक चुनौती है, इसे स्वीकार करो,
    क्या कमी रह गई, देखो और सुधार करो।
    जब तक न सफल हो, नींद चैन को त्यागो तुम,
    संघर्ष का मैदान छोड़ कर मत भागो तुम।
    कुछ किये बिना ही जय जय कार नहीं होती,

--हरिवंशराय बच्चन
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog