MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Strategy Last one month for prelims. Share your thoughts.

Seniors and fellow aspirants what should we focus on in this crucial Last month ? Revision or test practice or both. Also share some of Do's and don't.

Comments

• *My strategy*

An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • Ratta bhai ratta....
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • Anyone else please contribute
  • 1. Don't feel tensed
    2. Try to revise basics of atleast two subjects daily
    3. Take atleast one mock everyday
    4. Revise current affairs everyday
    5. Sleep properly
    6. Eat healthy food
    You don't have to be great to start
    But you have to start to be great..!!
  • 1. Don't feel tensed
    2. Try to revise basics of atleast two subjects daily
    3. Take atleast one mock everyday
    4. Revise current affairs everyday
    5. Sleep properly
    6. Eat healthy food

:+1:
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
  • arre koi strategy nahi rehti aise samay pe... bas presence of mind rakhna, dont be unduly burdened
    just keep the brain chilled and keep doing basics right...
    agar kuch padhai shuru hi nahi ki hai to...go through previous years topics and mop them from books.
    dont leave current affairs out, infact if you leave something totally leave it and if u decide to do then do it completely, kaccha pakka mat rakhna...
  • Has question paper been set by now
  • mevhravi said:

Has question paper been set by now

Probably yes.
  • Why m i not getting good scores in test papers ?? :s
    Always it comes out that I know two of the 3 points of any question..
    This would be my last attempt here and I have no confidence :'(
    all i need is You Lord
  • doc said:

Why m i not getting good scores in test papers ?? :s

same with me :D
    have confidence, dont worry about the outcome...just focus on reducing the number of wrongs....score would improve for sure..... have confidence over your no confidence and skip the questions where you feel dicey, then see how you score, then try and reduce the deficit by focussed studies...
  • Eiago said:

doc said:

have confidence, dont worry about the outcome...just focus on reducing the number of wrongs....score would improve for sure..... have confidence over your no confidence and skip the questions where you feel dicey, then see how you score, then try and reduce the deficit by focussed studies...
    :s tests are demotivating me ... Ppl here r way better than me
    all i need is You Lord
  • doc said:

Eiago said:

doc said:

actually tests should not be given if they are having a negative impact :/
    try GS score 100 days prelims plan, it seems good. bas be open to reading books, the very idea that " i should have known it all by now" is the reason for low motivation. Trust me, many people would have just started preparing for prelims from MAY, so dont lose confidence.
  • Eiago said:

doc said:

Eiago said:

doc said:

actually tests should not be given if they are having a negative impact :/
    try GS score 100 days prelims plan, it seems good. bas be open to reading books, the very idea that " i should have known it all by now" is the reason for low motivation. Trust me, many people would have just started preparing for prelims from MAY, so dont lose confidence.
    ye baat theek hai.. i avoid very tough tests.. better read solution of popular test series
    duniya..
  • Better way is to revise all the subject (or whatever you have done till now) and give full length mock test and the scores you get in those mocks would give you an overall idea where you are lacking. Try to improve the scores in full length mocks.
  • docdoc
    edited May 19
    The thing is there r many questions in which I know even if I had done that topic thrice that point would have never come up in my mind or notes.

I m just revising syllabus now..kitne ratte marun question k solution k additional statements k.. Dimag ghum jata h
    all i need is You Lord
  • are bhai tests se hi to tucchi info uthani hai jo kahi nahi milti

+130
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • mug up insights and vision ias test series

haha....ek line me poori strategy batati di...
    but log test series ke Qs na ane pe darr jate hai and sochte hai ki watt lagg gayi
    jabki kuch aur log un tests se apni padhai karne lagte hai, ye sochkar ki accha tarika mil gaya hai padhne ka...
    its all about attitude :D B)
  • current affair kab se kar rahe ho.. jan 2016 ya may 201..??? mian ye question teen baar puch chuka hun.. koi jawaab nahi diya.. :D
    duniya..
  • current affair kab se kar rahe ho.. jan 2016 ya may 201..??? mian ye question teen baar puch chuka hun.. koi jawaab nahi diya.. :D

vision 365 kar daalo... acche se... usme se aya to theek nahi to bhaad me gaya CA... monthwise karne ka time nahi raha ab, kar bhi liya to revision is impossible... better way to cover topics through compilations now
  • Eiago said:

are bhai tests se hi to tucchi info uthani hai jo kahi nahi milti

haha....ek line me poori strategy batati di...
    but log test series ke Qs na ane pe darr jate hai and sochte hai ki watt lagg gayi
    jabki kuch aur log un tests se apni padhai karne lagte hai, ye sochkar ki accha tarika mil gaya hai padhne ka...
    its all about attitude :D B)
    Yar mai to in dono me hi nahi ati..
    Last 2 yr se hi test krne pad rhr hn warna pehle toh kbhi mock KIA b nahi tha.. Aur pre b nikal jata tha..
    But ab option hi kya h kya pta upsc kya puch le..kuch krke thoda confidence aa jae to shayad questions b ho jaen
    all i need is You Lord
  • duniya..
  • doc said:

2 week pahle vsion uthaya aur test dena suru kiya..de kr halat kharab scores batane layak nhi h..confidence gaya tel lene..ek din ruka..fir sara subject wise tests ka print nikal kr laya aur baith kr 15 tests solve kiya..ye 17tests lagatar dya 3 din m..lagatar means koi marks warks nhi..1qstn at a time..hard copy pe test nd notes aur Tab se solution.. to marks kitne aa rhe pata nhi chala confidence niche jane wali issue khtm ..main baat ab yaha ye h ki 17th test jab tak pahucha exact options jaanne ka proportion badh gya aur..recall hona jyada ho gya ki..arey ye to us(insighgs/vsion ca) booklet se h, jiska 2/3 aur revision planned h..so confidence gained..in short do test series in 2 parts..1st subject wise then 2nd full...subject wise to widen the knowledge base and gaining a "false confidence" to gain the required momentum and then revise part 1 atleast once along with static portion then attempt the full length to gain the "true confidence".

In Tests m bht aisa kuch mil ja rha jo ki books m nhi mile..so one must do the subject wise tests on priority basis without the pressure of evaluation and performance.. but later full length tests should b given too..aur full length test aise samay ki..last full test k baad 10-12 din hath m rahe.

One question at a time k benefits over attempting one test a time:

One test at a time k dauran..we take 1.5 hr for the test then 15-30 minutes gap ki..Dimag kharab ho gya..den evaluation den kitne positive kitne negative ka khel..in total takes bht jyada time(3 hrs) if u r a lazy person like me..but one qstn at a time mein it takes around 1.5hr for one test

Direct solution uthana like insights vs attempting the questions:
    Direct solution m ratanti jyada hai aur no of pages v jyada dikhta, so psychological issue ki bht padhna h..attempt k apne faide h..it follows the principle of..something of every thing..which may help in elimination aur attempt se mind m set v ho jata h.
    P.S-Personal view hai..aur jo sahi lage wo kijiye..par kijiye..thank u
    Limited period offer-U can laugh at me till the 1st half of 2018
  • Jethalaal said:

doc said:

2 week pahle vsion uthaya aur test dena suru kiya..de kr halat kharab scores batane layak nhi h..confidence gaya tel lene..ek din ruka..fir sara subject wise tests ka print nikal kr laya aur baith kr 15 tests solve kiya..ye 17tests lagatar dya 3 din m..lagatar means koi marks warks nhi..1qstn at a time..hard copy pe test nd notes aur Tab se solution.. to marks kitne aa rhe pata nhi chala confidence niche jane wali issue khtm ..main baat ab yaha ye h ki 17th test jab tak pahucha exact options jaanne ka proportion badh gya aur..recall hona jyada ho gya ki..arey ye to us(insighgs/vsion ca) booklet se h, jiska 2/3 aur revision planned h..so confidence gained..in short do test series in 2 parts..1st subject wise then 2nd full...subject wise to widen the knowledge base and gaining a "false confidence" to gain the required momentum and then revise part 1 atleast once along with static portion then attempt the full length to gain the "true confidence".

In Tests m bht aisa kuch mil ja rha jo ki books m nhi mile..so one must do the subject wise tests on priority basis without the pressure of evaluation and performance.. but later full length tests should b given too..aur full length test aise samay ki..last full test k baad 10-12 din hath m rahe.

One test at a time k dauran..we take 1.5 hr for the test then 15-30 minutes gap ki..Dimag kharab ho gya..den evaluation den kitne positive kitne negative ka khel..in total takes bht jyada time(3 hrs) if u r a lazy person like me..but one qstn at a time mein it takes around 1.5hr for one test

Direct solution m ratanti jyada hai aur no of pages v jyada dikhta, so psychological issue ki bht padhna h..attempt k apne faide h..it follows the principle of..something of every thing..which may help in elimination aur attempt se mind m set v ho jata h.
    Ye kuch different lg rha h.. Agar abhi b kr lun toh ho jaega kya.. Aur thoda revision ka tym Bach nae
    all i need is You Lord
  • Jethalaal said:

doc said:

+1
  • Time kam hai to evaluation nahi hai karna chahiye....ajse 4 dinme bache hue 23 tests karne hai insights k...badme ek revision static ka sathme current...badme 2 din vision k liye kahi bich me..basically main yahi karne wala hu..kafi late start hai isbar...40 din before prelims
  • Jethalaal said:

doc said:

Are Jethalal, man ki bat kah di, Fire brigade se aise ideas laate ho kya ?? :Joy . Exactly yahi follow kr rha ,bade araam se ye post padha and was looking kahan pe different strategy hai hamari, mili hi nhi, hahha accha hai ATB bhai... Time kam hai, and kaam bahut... Dekhte... Still 20 vision+insights ke wrap up krna hai in 5 days.
  • Can I get recorded video lectures of vision ias gs prelims cum mains from ORN market or are they available online...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog