NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Why I'm afraid of exams? It's like I'm giving up before final battle..

Hi,
Appearing in CSE from last 3 years and couldn't qualified even single time.

It's my last attempt and I'm trying to do my best but every time I think like giving up.
Just thinking that what can I do in even one month even I failed in 3 attempts and all the negative things.

My friends say, never put you down and don't think negative things but somehow it happens.

Friends how to tackle such things. Thanks
·

Comments

• Log out. Get back to your study table. There's no time. ( ̄(工) ̄)
    ·
  • Brother exam is not the end of this life... It is important.. But do not take it as ur last life... Hua to thk nahi hua to bhi thk.. If u qualify then u were made for this exam and if not then there is better option waiting for u.. In which u can do very well.. Always have positive attitude . And time is less.. So study..
    ·
  • RedDwarf said:

Hi,

It's my last attempt and I'm trying to do my best but every time I think like giving up.
    Just thinking that what can I do in even one month even I failed in 3 attempts and all the negative things.

My friends say, never put you down and don't think negative things but somehow it happens.

See,I have faced the same problem twice.There are two things.Either the work load is setting you off or you maybe depressed.

If its the work load, I suggest divivding into smaller portions and completing them steadfastly.This part is easy.

Depression can also be a cause but its a culmination of multiple factors.Checklist:

Are you sleeping properly ?
    Are you eating properly ?Are you getting enough protein and good fats ?
    Do you have enough human (face to face not telephonic ) contact ?
    Do you have a support system ?
    Are there people who are demotivating you ?
    Are you getting enough sunlight ?

Also, in case one you should check if you are improving day by day.Quantify your studies and make a to do list everyday.If you are completing 50% of the checklist everyday , its a good thing.Othereise you should reconsider your targets.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • @RedDwarf listen this and simultaneously realize it. . . . . relax for 1-2 minutes then start studying hard :naughty:

·
  • edited May 16
    I have given many exams, matlab ginti bhi nahi ki, without fear, still didn't clear any. Fear or no fear, the thing is they will ask questions you gotta have answers. Prepare and get better today from what you were yesterday.

p.s. fear is justified, ab ek mahina rehta hai to darr to yaar normal hai
    ·
  • RedDwarf said:

Hi,

See,I have faced the same problem twice.There are two things.Either the work load is setting you off or you maybe depressed.

If its the work load, I suggest divivding into smaller portions and completing them steadfastly.This part is easy.

Depression can also be a cause but its a culmination of multiple factors.Checklist:

Also, in case one you should check if you are improving day by day.Quantify your studies and make a to do list everyday.If you are completing 50% of the checklist everyday , its a good thing.Othereise you should reconsider your targets.
    talking about the highlighted factors above how they effect ?
    though i m not depressed but i guess my reasoning and analysing power has reduced some what. is it becoz of these factors ? :smile:
    " You Remind Me Of A Feeling That I Used To Have "
    ·
  • RedDwarf said:

Hi,

talking about the highlighted factors above how they effect ?
    though i m not depressed but i guess my reasoning and analysing power has reduced some what. is it becoz of these factors ? :smile:
    I am glad you asked.
    For sunlight :smile:
    http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/benefits-sunlight#overview1

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200307/the-dangers-loneliness
    ·
  • Analysing and reasoning power is reduced not because of depression but because of lackof mental exercise.
    You can do this

1 install brain training apps on your smartphone and play regularly
    2 prepare for bank exams ,the reasoning section will be good enough
    3 read Non fiction books or any book that challenges your comprehension, verbal reasoning
    4 sit and think about what you have read, articulate your thoughts on a paper
    ·
  • You could also try doing a high intensity exercise like a " Sprint", u can do it in ur room as well. Helps a lot.
    You can do it- First thing in the morning and also 2-3 times a day whenever u feel low. It helps in increasing focus/ alerts brain.

·
  • Too much pressure :| :|
    Don't explain your philosophy. Embody it.
    -- Epictetus
    ·
  • You could also try doing a high intensity exercise like a " Sprint", u can do it in ur room as well. Helps a lot.
    You can do it- First thing in the morning and also 2-3 times a day whenever u feel low. It helps in increasing focus/ alerts brain.

Appreciate ur words brother i do that at times though not on regular basis :smile:
    ·
  • edited May 16

Analysing and reasoning power is reduced not because of depression but because of lackof mental exercise.
    You can do this

3 read Non fiction books or any book that challenges your comprehension, verbal reasoning

yeah i have installed brain training apps on my phone though not play on regular basis but will it from now on.
    will solve reasoning papers on regular basis .
    thanks bro for ur lovely tips will implement them :smile:
    ·
  • Thats great Bro
    Keep working hard.

All d best.
    ·
  • edited May 16
    3-4 ghante max is tarah ka thoughts ka life hota hai at a time.....utna der bas khudko sambhal lo.... Sab sahi rahega... In my case i write diary....or i read the diary entries of previous days........
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
    ·
  • 3-4 ghante max is tarah ka thoughts ka life hota hai at a time.....utna der bas khudko sambhal lo.... Sab sahi rahega... In my case i write diary....or i read the diary entries of previous days........

Aah seemed me talkin... Exactly i do the same and have been doing since college days... Its a biggest stree buster. :smile:
    ·
  • Thats great Bro
    Keep working hard.

All d best.

you too bro :smile:
    ·
  • Thanks for all above suggestions.
    ·
  • Analysing and reasoning power is reduced not because of depression but because of lackof mental exercise.
    You can do this

<3
    ·
  • edited May 17
    @RedDwarf
    Set a daily and a 3 Day Target and see whether you can push yourself and achieve it.
    "Fight Tiger Fight!"
    ·
  • Thank you all for your kind words. Just trying to be positive.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google