MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Sociology Optional-2017

I am going to take sociology as an optional .. people told me about praveen pandey,mohapatra and upendra sir.. I am so much confused can anyone tell who will be the good teacher..
«1

Comments

  • Quick reply needed
  • scsc
    edited May 15
    Upendra Sir is good ..especially for thinkers part in paper 1 and also the fundamentals. He rushes through paper 2 but still i found it enough as I have some related background. For others it might be fast.

    I attended his batch in dec-march
    Almost 2.5 months for paper 1 and 1.5 month for paper 2

    His teaching is very good..easy to understand and he has a Lot of experience in dealing with questions given his experience. Also his speed of teaching is not very fast, so one can easily take notes in class

    1 downside is the place and punctuality.he is situated in Safdarjung which is away from ORN hub. Also comes a little late to his classes ( if the class is at 4, he would come at 4.15-30), that can be an issue for some.

    Cant say about the other names you mentioned but I friend who attended mohapatra's classes found his language difficult to follow but thats just 1 single opinion

    Upendra Sir also organises test series which is includes with the classes. It will begin after prelims, so Cant give an opinion about that but a past student said that he gives personal feedback which is very important

    Batch size
    Upendra : 100-120
    Mohapatra- around 200-400 as i have heard

    All the best
  • Buy books and notes. Do self study. They teach nothing and eat money. No need for coaching. Join only test series.
    #personal experience
  • @okie can u plz guide for books. from where can i get books on low price. can i get photocopy of some particular chapters of particular books, as i heard every chapter is not important of some books.
  • Mahapatra sir is exellent teacher he is teach you develop sociological thinking which can really usefull in present scenario of exam
  • i am also thinking to join mahapatra sir classes
  • Can people suggest test series for Socio after pre ? Vision, Upendra Sir, Vaji, etc ? @Neyawn
  • edited May 20
    Can any1 tell me about mohapatra sir.. I heard dt upendra sir is better in paper1 and mohapatra in paper 2. Also I am living in old rajendra nagar so it's being difficult to finalize upendra sir .. wot should I do.. many people are criticizing mohapatra sir fo 1 or 2 reason are they true ... ?? Reply soon tomorrow I hv to register in vajiram..
  • Paper 1 can easily be mastered with Books, notes of Sindhuri and Chronicle book of vikas ranjab, besides internet can be of major help in socio paper 1. there is one " puja mondal" of yourarticlelibrary..... reading her articles..i can guess she is a Phd in Sociology...and her articles are the BEST...

    what i mean to say is ..Paper 1 is easy to handle.. its Paper 2..which is more dicey.. and Upendra sir rushes through Paper 2... this i am saying..because i have attended his classes..

    Mahapatra sir is believed to be a good teacher of paper 2..although i can not attest to it ..

    a Lady teacher of Visionias..sociology test series.. she is the best for paper 2 in my opinion. but vision does not teach socio optional...

    my advise... Join Vajiram for socio, and also enroll in visionias socio test series after course completion...

  • sc said:

    Upendra Sir is good ..especially for thinkers part in paper 1 and also the fundamentals. He rushes through paper 2 but still i found it enough as I have some related background. For others it might be fast.

    I attended his batch in dec-march
    Almost 2.5 months for paper 1 and 1.5 month for paper 2

    His teaching is very good..easy to understand and he has a Lot of experience in dealing with questions given his experience. Also his speed of teaching is not very fast, so one can easily take notes in class

    1 downside is the place and punctuality.he is situated in Safdarjung which is away from ORN hub. Also comes a little late to his classes ( if the class is at 4, he would come at 4.15-30), that can be an issue for some.

    Cant say about the other names you mentioned but I friend who attended mohapatra's classes found his language difficult to follow but thats just 1 single opinion

    Upendra Sir also organises test series which is includes with the classes. It will begin after prelims, so Cant give an opinion about that but a past student said that he gives personal feedback which is very important

    Batch size
    Upendra : 100-120
    Mohapatra- around 200-400 as i have heard

    All the best

    Tanxx for the suggestion but it's being difficult for me to select him b.coz m too far from his place n I will lose a lot of tym taking classes dere.. will it make a lot of difference b/w mohapatra and upendra sir??
  • Thanks vishnu..
  • scsc
    edited May 20

    sc said:

    Upendra Sir is good ..especially for thinkers part in paper 1 and also the fundamentals. He rushes through paper 2 but still i found it enough as I have some related background. For others it might be fast.

    I attended his batch in dec-march
    Almost 2.5 months for paper 1 and 1.5 month for paper 2

    His teaching is very good..easy to understand and he has a Lot of experience in dealing with questions given his experience. Also his speed of teaching is not very fast, so one can easily take notes in class

    1 downside is the place and punctuality.he is situated in Safdarjung which is away from ORN hub. Also comes a little late to his classes ( if the class is at 4, he would come at 4.15-30), that can be an issue for some.

    Cant say about the other names you mentioned but I friend who attended mohapatra's classes found his language difficult to follow but thats just 1 single opinion

    Upendra Sir also organises test series which is includes with the classes. It will begin after prelims, so Cant give an opinion about that but a past student said that he gives personal feedback which is very important

    Batch size
    Upendra : 100-120
    Mohapatra- around 200-400 as i have heard

    All the best

    Tanxx for the suggestion but it's being difficult for me to select him b.coz m too far from his place n I will lose a lot of tym taking classes dere.. will it make a lot of difference b/w mohapatra and upendra sir??
    If you are staying at ORN, travelling to Upendra Sirs class would definitely result in time waste. 2-3 hours will be lost apart from classes

    Join Mohapatra Sirs class in that case. There won't be much diff any way - both are equally well known and as someone rightly suggested above, Mohapatra Sir is known to be very good in Paper 2..you will also save time and energy


    All the best

  • Thanks a lot for clearing doubts .. #SC
  • Bad luck seat got over in vajiram ... Now wot..??
  • I have taken sociology as optional..can't go for classes in Delhi as I am in Jammu..kindly tell the best online coaching for sociology..confused among vikas ranjan,pawan kishore and bibash SHARMA sir..plz help
  • I have inquired about Bibhash Sharma, feedbacks r positive but i have read on his website that course duration is 2 months, is it possible ? that too 5 days class 2 hrs each...........plzzzz suggest
  • Hi, I'm planning to join Sociology optional for UPSC 2018. I have heard Vikash Ranjan is good... but I can't find his institute's website on internet. Any of you have any idea where he teaches and pls review his teaching also, if possible.
  • edited May 22

    Hi, I'm planning to join Sociology optional for UPSC 2018. I have heard Vikash Ranjan is good... but I can't find his institute's website on internet. Any of you have any idea where he teaches and pls review his teaching also, if possible.

    Search on YouTube his lectures are there and also they hv provided link of their site.
  • I have inquired about Bibhash Sharma, feedbacks r positive but i have read on his website that course duration is 2 months, is it possible ? that too 5 days class 2 hrs each...........plzzzz suggest


    I donot hav knowledge about duration of course bt 2 months sounds less for paper 1 and 2 .

    Anybody here can give a comparative idea about vikas ranjan ,bibash SHARMA , pawan kishore classes.. Have to join clases soon
  • Rana55 said:

    I have inquired about Bibhash Sharma, feedbacks r positive but i have read on his website that course duration is 2 months, is it possible ? that too 5 days class 2 hrs each...........plzzzz suggest


    I donot hav knowledge about duration of course bt 2 months sounds less for paper 1 and 2 .

    Anybody here can give a comparative idea about vikas ranjan ,bibash SHARMA , pawan kishore classes.. Have to join clases soon
    Do you know the website of Vikas Ranjan? I have not been able to find his website on Internet.
  • does any one tell/know when would be the classes starting for sociology by upendra sir?
  • if any one knows please reply..that would be great help to me..
  • Any opinion for joining TEST series in DELHI ???? Which ones have people benefitted from?

    I am thinking of going for Vision ... any comments?

    P.S. Can we join Vaji Socio just for Test series?
  • Aditya Mongra is the best teacher in the town with conceptual clarity and analytical component....if you dont trust me just give a shot to his mentoring programme on 25 june.....it will change your idea to join any coaching...wishing you all the very best
  • omsairam said:

    Aditya Mongra is the best teacher in the town with conceptual clarity and analytical component....if you dont trust me just give a shot to his mentoring programme on 25 june.....it will change your idea to join any coaching...wishing you all the very best

    Contacted him for a test series... He told me call him on 5th as he will focus on mentoring classes as of now...
    I want simply answer writing practice.... Not coaching ... That's the issue!!!
  • omsairam said:

    Aditya Mongra is the best teacher in the town with conceptual clarity and analytical component....if you dont trust me just give a shot to his mentoring programme on 25 june.....it will change your idea to join any coaching...wishing you all the very best

    Contacted him for a test series... He told me call him on 5th as he will focus on mentoring classes as of now...
    I want simply answer writing practice.... Not coaching ... That's the issue!!!
    i know dear he is becoming very popular in terms of answer writing .....
  • Hi friends,
    Any idea if Aditya Mongra sir provides exclusive test series option?? I think he is bundling it with full coaching classes which is way too costly for me.....Also is it safe to join Vision/Vikash Ranjan for test series??
  • praveenp said:

    Hi friends,
    Any idea if Aditya Mongra sir provides exclusive test series option?? I think he is bundling it with full coaching classes which is way too costly for me.....Also is it safe to join Vision/Vikash Ranjan for test series??

    it will be shear waste of money to put in vision or vikas ranjan.....quality will be very poor.....please request sir for special consideration.....he might listen to your plight....wish you all the best
  • omsairam said:

    praveenp said:

    Hi friends,
    Any idea if Aditya Mongra sir provides exclusive test series option?? I think he is bundling it with full coaching classes which is way too costly for me.....Also is it safe to join Vision/Vikash Ranjan for test series??

    it will be shear waste of money to put in vision or vikas ranjan.....quality will be very poor.....please request sir for special consideration.....he might listen to your plight....wish you all the best
    Thanks
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog