NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Sociology Optional June 2017

I am going to take sociology as an optional .. people told me about praveen pandey,mohapatra and upendra sir.. I am so much confused can anyone tell who will be the good teacher..
·

Comments

• Quick reply needed
    ·
  • scsc
    edited May 15
    Upendra Sir is good ..especially for thinkers part in paper 1 and also the fundamentals. He rushes through paper 2 but still i found it enough as I have some related background. For others it might be fast.

I attended his batch in dec-march
    Almost 2.5 months for paper 1 and 1.5 month for paper 2

His teaching is very good..easy to understand and he has a Lot of experience in dealing with questions given his experience. Also his speed of teaching is not very fast, so one can easily take notes in class

1 downside is the place and punctuality.he is situated in Safdarjung which is away from ORN hub. Also comes a little late to his classes ( if the class is at 4, he would come at 4.15-30), that can be an issue for some.

Cant say about the other names you mentioned but I friend who attended mohapatra's classes found his language difficult to follow but thats just 1 single opinion

Upendra Sir also organises test series which is includes with the classes. It will begin after prelims, so Cant give an opinion about that but a past student said that he gives personal feedback which is very important

Batch size
    Upendra : 100-120
    Mohapatra- around 200-400 as i have heard

All the best
    ·
  • Buy books and notes. Do self study. They teach nothing and eat money. No need for coaching. Join only test series.
    #personal experience
    ·
  • @okie can u plz guide for books. from where can i get books on low price. can i get photocopy of some particular chapters of particular books, as i heard every chapter is not important of some books.
    ·
  • Mahapatra sir is exellent teacher he is teach you develop sociological thinking which can really usefull in present scenario of exam
    ·
  • i am also thinking to join mahapatra sir classes
    ·
  • Can people suggest test series for Socio after pre ? Vision, Upendra Sir, Vaji, etc ? @Neyawn
    ·
  • edited May 20
    Can any1 tell me about mohapatra sir.. I heard dt upendra sir is better in paper1 and mohapatra in paper 2. Also I am living in old rajendra nagar so it's being difficult to finalize upendra sir .. wot should I do.. many people are criticizing mohapatra sir fo 1 or 2 reason are they true ... ?? Reply soon tomorrow I hv to register in vajiram..
    ·
  • Paper 1 can easily be mastered with Books, notes of Sindhuri and Chronicle book of vikas ranjab, besides internet can be of major help in socio paper 1. there is one " puja mondal" of yourarticlelibrary..... reading her articles..i can guess she is a Phd in Sociology...and her articles are the BEST...

what i mean to say is ..Paper 1 is easy to handle.. its Paper 2..which is more dicey.. and Upendra sir rushes through Paper 2... this i am saying..because i have attended his classes..

Mahapatra sir is believed to be a good teacher of paper 2..although i can not attest to it ..

a Lady teacher of Visionias..sociology test series.. she is the best for paper 2 in my opinion. but vision does not teach socio optional...

my advise... Join Vajiram for socio, and also enroll in visionias socio test series after course completion...

·
  • sc said:

Upendra Sir is good ..especially for thinkers part in paper 1 and also the fundamentals. He rushes through paper 2 but still i found it enough as I have some related background. For others it might be fast.

His teaching is very good..easy to understand and he has a Lot of experience in dealing with questions given his experience. Also his speed of teaching is not very fast, so one can easily take notes in class

1 downside is the place and punctuality.he is situated in Safdarjung which is away from ORN hub. Also comes a little late to his classes ( if the class is at 4, he would come at 4.15-30), that can be an issue for some.

Cant say about the other names you mentioned but I friend who attended mohapatra's classes found his language difficult to follow but thats just 1 single opinion

Upendra Sir also organises test series which is includes with the classes. It will begin after prelims, so Cant give an opinion about that but a past student said that he gives personal feedback which is very important

Batch size

All the best

Tanxx for the suggestion but it's being difficult for me to select him b.coz m too far from his place n I will lose a lot of tym taking classes dere.. will it make a lot of difference b/w mohapatra and upendra sir??
    ·
  • Thanks vishnu..
    ·
  • scsc
    edited May 20

sc said:

Batch size

All the best

Tanxx for the suggestion but it's being difficult for me to select him b.coz m too far from his place n I will lose a lot of tym taking classes dere.. will it make a lot of difference b/w mohapatra and upendra sir??
    If you are staying at ORN, travelling to Upendra Sirs class would definitely result in time waste. 2-3 hours will be lost apart from classes

Join Mohapatra Sirs class in that case. There won't be much diff any way - both are equally well known and as someone rightly suggested above, Mohapatra Sir is known to be very good in Paper 2..you will also save time and energy

All the best

·
  • Thanks a lot for clearing doubts .. #SC
    ·
  • Bad luck seat got over in vajiram ... Now wot..??
    ·
  • I have taken sociology as optional..can't go for classes in Delhi as I am in Jammu..kindly tell the best online coaching for sociology..confused among vikas ranjan,pawan kishore and bibash SHARMA sir..plz help
    ·
  • I have inquired about Bibhash Sharma, feedbacks r positive but i have read on his website that course duration is 2 months, is it possible ? that too 5 days class 2 hrs each...........plzzzz suggest
    ·
  • Hi, I'm planning to join Sociology optional for UPSC 2018. I have heard Vikash Ranjan is good... but I can't find his institute's website on internet. Any of you have any idea where he teaches and pls review his teaching also, if possible.
    ·
  • edited May 22

Hi, I'm planning to join Sociology optional for UPSC 2018. I have heard Vikash Ranjan is good... but I can't find his institute's website on internet. Any of you have any idea where he teaches and pls review his teaching also, if possible.

Search on YouTube his lectures are there and also they hv provided link of their site.
    ·
  • I have inquired about Bibhash Sharma, feedbacks r positive but i have read on his website that course duration is 2 months, is it possible ? that too 5 days class 2 hrs each...........plzzzz suggest

I donot hav knowledge about duration of course bt 2 months sounds less for paper 1 and 2 .

Anybody here can give a comparative idea about vikas ranjan ,bibash SHARMA , pawan kishore classes.. Have to join clases soon
    ·
  • Rana55 said:

I have inquired about Bibhash Sharma, feedbacks r positive but i have read on his website that course duration is 2 months, is it possible ? that too 5 days class 2 hrs each...........plzzzz suggest

I donot hav knowledge about duration of course bt 2 months sounds less for paper 1 and 2 .

Anybody here can give a comparative idea about vikas ranjan ,bibash SHARMA , pawan kishore classes.. Have to join clases soon
    Do you know the website of Vikas Ranjan? I have not been able to find his website on Internet.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google