NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Aftermath of Bahubali success on Indian film industry and film lovers(fans)

So friends we have first 1000 crore indian movie here. I need your honest words. I am including all major Indian film industries( Bollywood + Koliwood + Toliwood).

@mods please do not close this thread without notifying.

Rule - No personal attack, misbehavior and abusive language.

Thanx :)

·

Comments

• An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • @dragonborn need comments not video.... :/
    ·
  • Content is the king.
    Period.
    ·
  • chokeslam said:

Content is the king.
    Period.

@chokeslam if content is the deciding factor then Tamil and Hindi cinema are undisputed kings and these are any day better than Telugu cinema.
    ·
  • edited May 11
    the_hindu said:

chokeslam said:

Content is the king.
    Period.

@chokeslam if content is the deciding factor then Tamil and Hindi cinema are undisputed kings and these are any day better than Telugu cinema.
    Is it an opinion or a fact ?? :neutral: :neutral:
    ·
  • the_hindu said:

chokeslam said:

Content is the king.
    Period.

lolwut? :mrgreen:
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • the_hindu said:

chokeslam said:

Content is the king.
    Period.

chokeslam if content is the deciding factor then Tamil and Hindi cinema are undisputed kings and these are any day better than Telugu cinema.
    Is it an opinion or a fact ?? :neutral: :neutral:
    @Infamous_Innocent Whether it is a fact or not you are free to decide sir. :| And yeah it's​ not an opinion too. :/

waiting for your valuable inputs sir :)
    ·
  • bollywood just sells stale repackaged crap. period!
    ·
  • bollywood just sells stale repackaged crap. period!

In that case I guess you were unable to watch movies like Udta Punjab, wazir, Airlift, Fitoor, Raman Raghav, Neerja, Aligarh, Tere Bin Laden, Ki & Ka, Fan, Nil Battay Sannata, Sarbjit, Madaari, Mohenjo Daro, Rustam . . . . . all released previous year.

Better watch them before saying anything !!!!!

#Peace :|
    ·
  • edited May 11
    the_hindu said:

bollywood just sells stale repackaged crap. period!

In that case I guess you were unable to watch movies like Udta Punjab, wazir, Airlift, Fitoor, Raman Raghav, Neerja, Aligarh, Tere Bin Laden, Ki & Ka, Fan, Nil Battay Sannata, Sarbjit, Madaari, Mohenjo Daro, Rustam . . . . . all released previous year.

Udta Punjab, Raman raghav ?? Do u call it piece of art ?? These movies are just 3 hours show of drugs, daru and gali..
    Rustam and Airlift had only one person- Akshay Kumar...
    Among the above list only Mohenjodaro and Aligarh can be claimed to be good.

From your language smells some sort of superiority complex of some-wood (B-wood ofcourse)..
    U suffer from ethnocentric bias thats why u are behaving like sycophant of bollywood through such movie names.. that is why u mentioned Fan in the debate of Bahubali.. laughable.. would you mention real piece of arts made in Malyalam film industry?? No, because some people are frog in the well named as bollywood..

By the way does not matter, When Khans - Aamir, Salman, Shahrukh have got a nice and a tight slap, then who the b. hell is the_hindu??
    ·
  • Smart Man said:

the_hindu said:

Udta Punjab, Raman raghav ?? Do u call it piece of art ?? These movies are just 3 hours show of drugs, daru and gali..

From your language smells some sort of superiority complex of some-wood (B-wood ofcourse)..
    U suffer from ethnocentric bias thats why u are behaving like sycophant of bollywood through such movie names.. that is why u mentioned Fan in the debate of Bahubali.. laughable.. would you mention real piece of arts made in Malyalam film industry?? No, because some people are frog in the well named as bollywood..

By the way does not matter, When Khans - Aamir, Salman, Shahrukh have got a nice and a tight slap, then who the b. hell is the_hindu??
    If you can't put anything logically with facts and data, better refrain from commenting here. And my apologies If you can't find worth in watching Raman Raghav as it was premiered at 4 international movie festivals that includes Cannes.

And if you don't know the relevance of Udta Punjab with present scenario of Punjab better shut your mouth.

And by keeping in mind all your smartness I have added the name of Tamil cinema too. Keep your tiny and absurd mind away( where to keep you b.know it better).

Aur beta pahaade sunane ka shauk ho na to aise bata diyo, woh wish bhi puri tasalli se puri kar dunga samjha.
    Kisi bhi prakar ke dhokhe me mat rahna :# :#

Now get lost. :angry:
    ·
  • the_hindu said:

although I dont consider a majority of what you have written as quality cinema, but look at the ratio of good:bad cinemas each year?

Bollywood shoves crap down our throats and we gulp it down and pretend that it tastes good. Every movie has a common theme and guess what, the music sounds the same too. Its like Dharma Productions has made some larger than life template and every movie which releases inherits characteristics of that template.

Some dont follow the trend though, like Baby, Dangal, but others (mostly) are the same. I dont even waste my time watching bollywood romantic crap. I rather spend my time with some bad ass VFX based movies (Baahubali).

PS: If you want to watch quality cinema, head over to IMDB's top 250 list and then compare them to bollywood. I am sure your perceptions would change, almost immediately! !
    ·
  • the_hindu said:

Smart Man said:

the_hindu said:

If you can't put anything logically with facts and data, better refrain from commenting here. And my apologies If you can't find worth in watching Raman Raghav as it was premiered at 4 international movie festivals that includes Cannes.

And if you don't know the relevance of Udta Punjab with present scenario of Punjab better shut your mouth.

And by keeping in mind all your smartness I have added the name of Tamil cinema too. Keep your tiny and absurd mind away( where to keep you b.know it better).

Aur beta pahaade sunane ka shauk ho na to aise bata diyo, woh wish bhi puri tasalli se puri kar dunga samjha.
    Kisi bhi prakar ke dhokhe me mat rahna :# :#

Now get lost. :angry:
    lol! this aint a benchmark. Cannes even "premiers" movies which only have sex and nothing else. Dont believe me? Head over to IMDB and see for yourself!
    ·
  • Why Bahubali 2 was so successful?
    Bcoz of Hype created by Bahubali.

Why Bahubali 1 was so successful?
    I think there are many factors: - It is a work of true Artist.
    1. Audience- We felt the emotions in almost every scene, all the character played their role as per their specific character i.e by demand of the character- I think somehow this realness made the connection with audience, connected us emotionally.
    2. Story- Story was very simple yet it gave thrills - simple bcoz Good Vs Bad, Dharma etc. Story was binded perfectly with timely thrills - ofcourse we like good thirll dont we?
    3. Cinematography n Sound- This is the backbone of any movie, sometimes a camera movements can tell a lot about a particular emotions which is actually hard to explain or cant be shown. Bahubali had very good landscape shots which made us feel to be a part of this fantasy. Shot where Katappa kills Bahubali was Epic. Similarly close up were also marvelous like of Shivagami or Devsenas many scene.
    4. Characters- most of the character were given time to buildup and show the audience their true nature. Most of them played a perfect role while keeping acting natural to the character i.e No Over Acting.
    5. Director- Ofcourse, he is the one who made it all possible, he knew that this will require time n money so instead of doing film in a hurry i think he waited for a long time to make it, to make it the way he had visualized.

Bahubali was an Epic movie, I just felt that last 40 mins of second part was rushed- he could have made a 3rd movie and with EPIC battle like LOTR: Return of the King.
    Infact I find this movie epic just like LOTR.

What message it sends out?
    I think bollywood will go own its own, will not learn anything from Bahubali.
    Most in Bollywood wants to make a quick movie n make quick money.

Also movies like Bahubali comes once in a lifetime. So no danger for Bollywood revenue going down either.

But I think message can be well taken by Us- i.e a great movie can be made by non Bollywood artists and we should encourage it by whatever means suitable.

Lastly I just want to say
    I asked a friend of mine about Bahubali 1 he said " its LoTR of India " that sold me to watch d first part.
    ·
  • I forgot to add VFX please consider that too.
    VFX was very good, where it was not good we accepted n neglected it bcoz story n Emotions were really really good.
    ·
  • the_hindu said:

although I dont consider a majority of what you have written as quality cinema, but look at the ratio of good:bad cinemas each year?

Bollywood shoves crap down our throats and we gulp it down and pretend that it tastes good. Every movie has a common theme and guess what, the music sounds the same too. Its like Dharma Productions has made some larger than life template and every movie which releases inherits characteristics of that template.

Some dont follow the trend though, like Baby, Dangal, but others (mostly) are the same. I dont even waste my time watching bollywood romantic crap. I rather spend my time with some bad ass VFX based movies (Baahubali).

PS: If you want to watch quality cinema, head over to IMDB's top 250 list and then compare them to bollywood. I am sure your perceptions would change, almost immediately! !
    Thanx for putting your concern in lucid way. :+1: And it's wonderful to see that you are moving towards more open discussion.

Bro I guess Bahubali is the only movie that has used technology upto this level. And it was Prabhas's shear hard work beside Rajmoulis Dreamland with equal amount of faith from producers that has resulted into this "MAGNUM OPUS" with larger than life characters.

But dear some of the bollywood stars have successfully managed to touch the "Hollywood" mark be it Amitabh, Anil Kapoor, Irfan Khan, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Dev Patel, Ali Jafar, Om Puri, Nasiruddeen Shah. And trust me bollywood is a lot if you remove your glasses of romance and 3 Khan or Hritik. Please watch works of Nawazuddin Siddique , Manoj Vajpeyi, Sushant Rajput, Ranveer Kapoor, Ranveer singh( Ramleela and Bajorao) I also agree that many movies are copied straight from Hollywood. And many times music too.

I won't jump on tamil cinema but I would like to appreciate it's content as many bollywood movies are copied from it. :)
    ·
  • the_hindu said:

Yes exactly
    This is what Bollywood has become- A template. Most just cut copy paste that too so horribly. This is what happens when nepotism is at its peak.

Very rarely some new artist gets a chance who has no connection in the film fraternity.
    Many also changes as per the industry, leaving true Art n start making masala movies.

Then there are so called artists who are actually at the pinnacle on bollywood - They ll make same movie with their Fav Actor or Actors sons/daughters. These kind of artists are always in headlines.

Real talent is hidden below all these shit.

IMDB 250 llist is one of a Gem. It made me watch so many old beautiful movie like All About Eve.

And what can I say about Stanley Kubrick- All of his movies are masterpiece, a class of its own, cinema which defined our reality in such way that we hardly realise it initially.

Hoping a good cinema experience from Dunkirk. Ofcourse Nolan.

·
  • Oh Joke, why do you always come in a form that is bound to get me banned?
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • My flatmate has asked me twice in past few days to go and watch this movie with him. I just don't feel like.
    Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?
    ·
  • Oh Joke, why do you always come in a form that is bound to get me banned?

@Jaime_Lannister Why would I want you to get banned? Just forget whatever written above..... If you wanna make fresh start ;)
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google