REVISION CLASSES FOR PRELIMS 2017 by ForumIAS

ForumIAS will be conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time posible. The first class is scheduled today at 5 PM. Seats fill early so register early. Click Here to know more

What should be an ideal preparation strategy for UPSC 2018

what will be the preparation strategy for IAS 2018?
·

Comments

• First of all, you must pay deep attention to the upsc syllabus and understand the exam pattern, then grill yourself with the basics until your fundamentals are very clear. choose your mentor wisely if you are going to join any coaching and if not then remember these steps:
    1) upsc demands 12-18 months of rigorous preparation, plan a rational strategy to opt for the correspondence courses of the coaching institutes.
    2) brush up your current knowledge by reading newspapers, magazines and revise the important events at the end of each month.
    3) joining test series-the aim of the self -assessment test is to highlight one's weakness and strength. also solving previous year question paper can help you to understand the right direction of your preparation. You will be able to predict the possible questions and which area to focus more.

PT-13,14,15 FAILED
    (PT 2016 PASSED)
    ·
  • I think you should join coaching institute..go through the syllabus carefully and then visit the coaching centres for the councelling first, think wisely what the institutes will be providing you in their classroom guidance, is it really essential..look at the notes deeply, check the reviews,etc since many coaching institutes are unsure how to properly guide aspirants as per the latest requirements of UPSC. There are coaching institutes which charge hefty fees, but provide poor service and low-quality study materials.
    ·
  • Can anyone list online Mains Answer Writing programs other than ForumIAS MGP? I know ForumIAS Mains Marathon and Insights Secure are great free initiatives but paise kharch karne par shayad thoda zyada seriously lu writing ( may sound like a poor excuse :( ).
    ·
  • For the coming 6 months try to complete gs part.. All the static part of gs 1 2 3 4. Along with focus on revision+newspaper reading+developing analytical skills and optional as well. Daily 2 to 3 hrs to optional and rest time on gs. Make a study plan for daily,weekly monthly. Set targets and try to achieve them.
    NOTE- JOIN COACHING FOR GS ONLY IF YOU THINK YOU CANNOT STUDY ALONE AND YOU NEED GUIDANCE. A STUDY ENVIRONMENT. ELSE GS CAN BE DONE WITHOUT COACHING ALSO. YOU MAY TAKE COACHING FOR YOUR OPTIONAL.
    ·
  • mitraark said:

Can anyone list online Mains Answer Writing programs other than ForumIAS MGP? I know ForumIAS Mains Marathon and Insights Secure are great free initiatives but paise kharch karne par shayad thoda zyada seriously lu writing ( may sound like a poor excuse :( ).

haha
    ·
  • UPSC prep ne itne dukh diye that i suggest you not to even start prep par tum manoge to nahi.
    ·
  • Ideal preparation is the one which you create and have full faith in. Others can only suggest you.

• Take interest in India and its happenings, for that you can refer news dailies or Knappily-the knowledge app. Read books but not as a chore but out of curiosity, as in what happened in India when you were not born. Genesis of constitution etc.
    • Start writing things, any random article on contemporary issue, it will keep your writing skills in place.
    • If by chance you can generate interest for them(reading and writing), you are half-way there. Now you just need to google 'strategy for UPSC/CSE prep' and from there on, you can create yours.
    • But firstly and most importantly, do things out of interest and not like a chore.

·
  • Hey, I m also planning to join coaching in Delhi..please suggest some good coaching institutes. I will give my first attempt in 2018.
    ·
  • vernica said:

Hey, I m also planning to join coaching in Delhi..please suggest some good coaching institutes. I will give my first attempt in 2018.

There are several types of coaching institutes:

1. the most famous ones such as Vajiram, ALS
    2. the famous ones such as KSG
    3. the well-known ones such as GS score
    4. the rising ones : many

Quality of these coaching institutes is a subjective thing, as everyone has different perception after they attain their classes.

So, in my view, u should go for a middle path, i.e use a cost-effective+popularity combo.

For further advice, feel free to ask me ( a veteran or baba aspirant :) )
    ·
  • Can any one suggest best startegy which you might have found on internet.

I have found many but unable to decide which one is better .

If someone could share links/webpages/blogs which you might have found most useful,then I would really appreciate it.
    ·
  • I have seen Vaijram n KSG's website, the content on thier website are really good.. m planning to take counselling at KSG then vajiram , I will share my experience .
    ·
  • I was a student at KSG, i know that institution very wel. the guiding methodologies at khan study group are extraordinary n inspirational.
    1) the meticulously designed study plan helps me throughtout the preparation time and they provides the POD, the continous subjectv tests for improving the answer writing.
    2) for the current affairs, separate options for eng n hindi medium students are availble to enhance ur knowledge, also the ksg bulletin gives us exam oriented discussions of LS n RS.
    3) Khan sir regularly give guidance n holds the seminar, teaches the essay part n unlimited tips n strategic discussions.
    PT-13,14,15 FAILED
    (PT 2016 PASSED)
    ·
  • I visited the KSG vijay nagar centre, a sir guided me deeply about the syllabus first then he discuss the module pattern at ksg and the vertical plan, specially designed for the aspirants at ksg..which tells us how to study. i also looked at their notes. I wil join ksg's june batch.
    ·
  • vernica said:

I visited the KSG vijay nagar centre, a sir guided me deeply about the syllabus first then he discuss the module pattern at ksg and the vertical plan, specially designed for the aspirants at ksg..which tells us how to study. i also looked at their notes. I wil join ksg's june batch.

whatever coaching u join...be self reliant..no blind following.
    ·
  • is vajiram n ksg provide material for distant learning?
    ·
  • quality over quantity ,time

people brags about the hours when it is the content covered in those hours that count
    ·
  • yea..they are providing the material, and u will easily get some sections of vajiram notes in the market also but if this is ur first attempt then u should take coaching guidance.
    PT-13,14,15 FAILED
    (PT 2016 PASSED)
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google