NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

How helpful is Indian Economy by K Sankaganesh

I am unable to comprehend Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh. So bought Indian Economy by K Sankarganesh. How help this book is ? Will this book be sufficient for basic and static portion? Or I need to do Sriram's economy notes with it also. I am talking about static portion only .
"Every successful person has a painful story, But every painful story has a successful ending."
·

Comments

• @ManinderjitKaur
    Do not go for it.
    Direct terms without much explanation. You will confused and find Economy hard.
    Instead go for Sriram's latest Economy material available at any prominent book shop. Make the best out of Internet to tally and understand any line or term which is not explained to your satisfaction in SriRam.
    ATB!
    ·
  • one of the best books for understanding basic concepts of economy ..lucid and very crisp and not very bulky
    ·
  • avikar said:

one of the best books for understanding basic concepts of economy ..lucid and very crisp and not very bulky

+1

Strongly recommended for beginners.

Step 1: K Sankarganesh
    Step 2: Sriram IAS Economy
    Step 3: Economic Survey
    Step 4: Current Affairs
    ·
  • Shankarganeah stands next to mrunal old and new lectures combined..then if u have time skim through ramesh Singh to check if u have missed any imp concepts ..rest is current affairs and linking ...
    ·
  • Shad said:

avikar said:

one of the best books for understanding basic concepts of economy ..lucid and very crisp and not very bulky

+1

Step 5 : take the prelims in 2020
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Shad said:

avikar said:

+1

NCERT Macroeconomics + Sriram Economy Notes + Economic Survey + The Hindu CA . Period .

The End Will Justify The Means !
    Optional - EE .
    ·
  • edited May 7

Shad said:

avikar said:

+1

Step 6: In the meanwhile, make sarcastic comments on ForumIas :mrgreen:
    Fire in the Hole
    ·
  • I am unable to comprehend Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh. So bought Indian Economy by K Sankarganesh. How help this book is ? Will this book be sufficient for basic and static portion? Or I need to do Sriram's economy notes with it also. I am talking about static portion only .

Are you sure you have spent enough time trying to understand those concepts or tried to hurry through them, expecting to understand them in one single reading in a hurry?

Most people usually take 2-3 readings and a few dozen hours to finish off economy. Also, are you sure you are reading the right chapters, or in the right order?

Because Ramesh Singh is not a difficult book to read. Sankarganesh book is usual for elementary concepts too, and you can use it to build your basics, but maybe a little inadequate.

Again, Sriram IAS Economy Notes are good, but very elaborate and may not be appropriate to be picked up at this stage given that Economy Questions in UPSC may largely be current oriented.

If you are unable to comprehend things from TMH Economy, see if Mrunal and/or Sankarganesh works for you just to build the basic concepts.

If you think its time taking, try finding someone who can teach you Economy at the earliest. Otherwise it may remain your Achilles Heel all throughout your preparation . A problem not solved early in preparation phase remains unsolved throughout preparation and becomes one of the primary reasons for failure at any subsequent stage / attempt.

I am not sure though if there are any teachers teaching Economics modules exclusively for Prelims / CSE 2017 though.
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • Now this one is awesome.......
    @Tudor
    Tudor said:

Shad said:

avikar said:

+1

Quotes don't inspire; People do. [ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸਾਹਿਤ]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    मूर्खस्य पंच चिह्नानि गर्वो दुर्वचनं तथा । क्रोधश्च दृढवादश्च परवाक्येष्वनादरः ॥
    5 signs of a fool : Vanity, wicked conversation, anger, stubborn arguments, & disrespect for other's opinion.
    ·
  • @Newyan I am preparing for CSE 2018.
    "Every successful person has a painful story, But every painful story has a successful ending."
    ·
  • @Newyan I am preparing for CSE 2018.

Then you have decent enough time. Try to do the the following

1) Visit Mrunal Economy - and try to read all the text and watch all the videos. This will take time. Preparation takes times, and do not be impatient. Try to do it 3-4 hours everyday. Finishing off 1-2 chapters / lessons.

2) Once you have done that, you can go through Ramesh Singh or Sankarganesh, whichever suits you. See, for Prelims the Economy that is asked, it is largely either very simple or taken from current. So you will be able to do with any very basic understanding.

3) For Mains, get handwritten notes of Vajiram Economy. They will cover all the topics largely beautifully and should solve your purpose.

The above is a good enough roadmap to begin , followed by daily reading of Hindu newspaper - economy section. When you come across a term, do google it and read on it. This is how you will build your concepts over a period of time. The learning that you will have over a period of time from newspaper is irreplacable.

In case none of it works for you, you can will need to take some class on economy. Try Zulfikar Sir, as he is the best teacher for Eco as of now in New Delhi. Only thing he will take too many classes, but will cover every single thing , so thats will solve your problem forever.

Whether you benefit from teacher / classes depends on how yougrasp things.

If you are the kind who has been a good student since school as well as college who listened to the teacher, took notes and studies from them, scored well in the exam, take classes.

On the other hand, if you have been the rebel kind, who never listened to the teacher in the class, studied from books before exam instead of making notes from teachers dictation, you should try 1,2 3. And be patient. Give it some time, you will see progress soon. Just dont give up too soon.

Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • edited May 7
    Tudor said:

Shad said:

avikar said:

+1

Step 5 : take the prelims in 2020 :D :sweat_smile:

:p :# :D :mrgreen:
    An Ardent Civil services Aspirant, Bibliophile, Bodybuilder, Comics (Doga) Fan, Cook, Cynophile, Linguaphile, Nature Lover, Numismatist......

·
  • Neyawn said:

@Newyan I am preparing for CSE 2018.

Then you have decent enough time. Try to do the the following

1) Visit Mrunal Economy - and try to read all the text and watch all the videos. This will take time. Preparation takes times, and do not be impatient. Try to do it 3-4 hours everyday. Finishing off 1-2 chapters / lessons.

2) Once you have done that, you can go through Ramesh Singh or Sankarganesh, whichever suits you. See, for Prelims the Economy that is asked, it is largely either very simple or taken from current. So you will be able to do with any very basic understanding.

3) For Mains, get handwritten notes of Vajiram Economy. They will cover all the topics largely beautifully and should solve your purpose.

The above is a good enough roadmap to begin , followed by daily reading of Hindu newspaper - economy section. When you come across a term, do google it and read on it. This is how you will build your concepts over a period of time. The learning that you will have over a period of time from newspaper is irreplacable.

In case none of it works for you, you can will need to take some class on economy. Try Zulfikar Sir, as he is the best teacher for Eco as of now in New Delhi. Only thing he will take too many classes, but will cover every single thing , so thats will solve your problem forever.

Whether you benefit from teacher / classes depends on how yougrasp things.

If you are the kind who has been a good student since school as well as college who listened to the teacher, took notes and studies from them, scored well in the exam, take classes.

On the other hand, if you have been the rebel kind, who never listened to the teacher in the class, studied from books before exam instead of making notes from teachers dictation, you should try 1,2 3. And be patient. Give it some time, you will see progress soon. Just dont give up too soon.

Thank you so very much for providing such a detailed roadmap.

·
  • edited May 7

Shad said:

avikar said:

+1

@dragonborn lol
    ·
  • <jokes aside @ManinderjitKaur , u gotta start with mrunal (will cover 80-90%)

·
  • @zohanmukherjee All videos of mrunal are relevant or there is again a concept of old vs new (like ncerts
    ·
  • Mrunal + any one of Ramesh singh/K Shankerganesh (dono hi a6iii h) + one coaching institute notes like Vaji/Sriram (Vaji my advice) + Regular TH Economy page (most important source) + Google baba.. this is whole what you need to refer..

Book koi bhi lo.. bsss PD LENA... mn lgaake.. ek baar me smjh naa aaye to dobara pdo.. dubara me naa aaye to 3rd time pdo.. fir bhi naa aaye to go and ask someone to explain it for you.. BUT DO LEARN.. DON'T SKIP.. DON'T JUMP.. 1st attempt is best attempt to learn..so LEARN MAXIMUM :) ATB
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
    ·
  • @zohanmukherjee All videos of mrunal are relevant or there is again a concept of old vs new (like ncerts

Learn everything.. abhi se choosy mt bno ki kya pdu kya 6odu.. Mrunal ne IAS ka tag lgaake upload ki h matlab ku6 to relevant hi hogi !! :)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
    ·
  • edited May 8

@zohanmukherjee All videos of mrunal are relevant or there is again a concept of old vs new (like ncerts

There is concept of old vs new in mrunal too

Mrunal has consolidated all previous videos in the New BES17 series nd made a playlist for additional videos that u must watch ,
    U gotta research a lil on mrunal's site and youtube channel @ManinderjitKaur

@Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh , @Neyawn please guide him/her in choosing mrunal's videos
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google