Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Aspirant get axed by 60% rule in 10th 12th and graduation of RBI get together here ..

I too axed I have wrote to PMO about this point with all valid reasons . its still pending with RBI .Today I also sent reminder to PMO about this .I am pursuing this issue from last three years . It is grave injustice with many of us .instead of open competition with same qualification It should not be restricted .Valid question is that if UPSC does not specify any condition .why only RBI doing this there is no valid reason about this .Any of you pursuing or want to pursue this issue ?
3 Mains 0 Interview ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸਾਹਿਤ
·

Comments

• Maybe they want to filter out candidates based on this criteria. AFAIK, every organization can exercise their own discretion while selecting candidates or filtering them out by keeping some eligibility criteria. Even UPSC has a minimum percentage criteria for civil services. There is nothing wrong in having such minimum percentage requirement(s), IMO.
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • for filler out there is prelim exam. and UPSC does not have any minimum criteria for applying civil service exam you need only passing graduation degree .where you read about minimum percentage in UPSC .question is not whether any organisation has right of any kind question is that it should not be arbitrary and anti competition
    3 Mains 0 Interview ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸਾਹਿਤ
    ·
  • Its unfair. Keep fighting.
    ·
  • I too axed I have wrote to PMO about this point with all valid reasons . its still pending with RBI .Today I also sent reminder to PMO about this .I am pursuing this issue from last three years . It is grave injustice with many of us .instead of open competition with same qualification It should not be restricted .Valid question is that if UPSC does not specify any condition .why only RBI doing this there is no valid reason about this .Any of you pursuing or want to pursue this issue ?

Bro what's the future course of action ?
    ·
  • for filler out there is prelim exam. and UPSC does not have any minimum criteria for applying civil service exam you need only passing graduation degree .where you read about minimum percentage in UPSC .question is not whether any organisation has right of any kind question is that it should not be arbitrary and anti competition

anti competition? how??
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • edited May 3
    Even if government overules this,then in interview RBI will still have this prejudice while giving marks

So its useless fighting and wasting time unless there is nothing else to do
    Troll
    ·
  • edited May 3
    Even DRDO (and others too like BARC etc), as far as I am aware, directly recruits from IITs and NITs based only on an interview and the rest of the common-folk have to go through a 2 stage competitive exam and an interview. Back in the day I wrote relentlessly about it to various authorities, political, bureaucratic and non-government (newspapers etc) hoping to bring a change (Ah, youth!). Nothing happened.

This case is slightly weaker than mine. Still I hope you get better results. Keep petitioning. Nothing more we supplicants can do.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • These stories prevail...!!
    ·
  • Even the cumulative age relaxation seems sort of mixed. The clause is not clear.
    ·
  • Even DRDO (and others too like BARC etc), as far as I am aware, directly recruits from IITs and NITs based only on an interview and the rest of the common-folk have to go through a 2 stage competitive exam and an interview. Back in the day I wrote relentlessly about it to various authorities, political, bureaucratic and non-government (newspapers etc) hoping to bring a change (Ah, youth!). Nothing happened.

This case is slightly weaker than mine. Still I hope you get better results. Keep petitioning. Nothing more we supplicants can do.

@Jaime_Lannister Had you petitioned in a court, you might have been able to get a favourable decision.

As far as I can comprehend, this selection of students directly from IIT and exams for others is violative of the 'Reasonable Classification' test under article 14 of the constitution.
    If any such rule fails the test, such classification is against Article 14 of the constitution.
    Additionally, in one of the cases of AIIMS Students' Union v AIIMS (AIR 2001), Supreme Court held institutional reservation invalid.

As far as the 60% rule RBI is concerned, it doesn't violate either Art 14 or 16 (1).

And, for people writing to the PM, it's not such a good idea. PM is not a super-authority who can change everything. And why should he! This is no grave injustice.
    Even if he wanted to, RBI is an autonomous institution. It atleast has the freedom to frame its own rules regarding recruitment.

For people really serious about the issue, petitioning in High Court would be a much better option to expect some positive decision on this issue.
    ·
  • edited May 4
    abhi44 said:

Even DRDO (and others too like BARC etc), as far as I am aware, directly recruits from IITs and NITs based only on an interview and the rest of the common-folk have to go through a 2 stage competitive exam and an interview. Back in the day I wrote relentlessly about it to various authorities, political, bureaucratic and non-government (newspapers etc) hoping to bring a change (Ah, youth!). Nothing happened.

@ Jaime_Lannister Had you petitioned in a court, you might have been able to get a favourable decision.

As far as I can comprehend, this selection of students directly from IIT and exams for others is violative of the 'Reasonable Classification' test under article 14 of the constitution.
    If any such rule fails the test, such classification is against Article 14 of the constitution.
    Additionally, in one of the cases of AIIMS Students' Union v AIIMS (AIR 2001), Supreme Court held institutional reservation invalid.
    Yes, was vaguely aware about fundamental rights applicability in the case (not the particular cases though). But 'might' is a big word.

I did not petition in the traditional sense with lawyers etc., but I did write 4 letters to SC at the time hoping that they "might" take suo-moto cognizance of the issue (PIL via post). They did not. And I did not have the resources to petition in the traditional way. Just wrote. Relentlessly for about a year. To DRDO, MoD, PMO, media, SC.

Anyway that's part of ancient history now. Just commented here for no apparent reason at all, as it turns out.

P.S: Are you a law student or a practising lawyer?
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • edited May 4
    Yes. Because of the huge no of PIL applications, the SC generally takes up only such issues where grave social injustices are happening as PIL.

I am a law student. @Jaime_Lannister
    ·
  • @abhi44 Can you help with the interpretation of the below clause from RBI notification?

The cumulative age relaxation should be applied for all cases under "Rule II" as per the below "Note I" right? The link and the rule posted below:

https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=3347

Note I:—Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Rule II (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, Persons with Disabilities etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.

Rule II
    II. Age Limits:
    1. A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of May, 2017 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd May, 1987 and not later than 1st May, 1996. For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
    2. The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
    (i) up to a maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe if the posts are reserved for them;
    (ii) up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates if the posts are reserved for them;
    (iii) up to a maximum of five years for ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year's service and currently registered with Employment Exchange,
    (iv) up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989;
    (v) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st May, 2017 and have been released;
    on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st May, 2017 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or
    on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or
    on invalidment.
    (vi) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st May, 2017 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
    (vii) up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Disabilities.
    (viii) For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
    (ix) For eligible staff candidates the relaxation in age limit is according to RBI circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
    ·
  • @UPSCVoldemort As far as I can understand, if you are an OBC and an ex-servicemen, the total age relaxation would be = 3+5 years = 8 years.

Same goes for people who are domiciled in J&K/have disabilities/ex-servicemen and are either SC/ST/OBC. They will get cumulative age relaxation.i.e, adding age relaxation in both the cases.
    ·
  • abhi44 said:

@UPSCVoldemort As far as I can understand, if you are an OBC and an ex-servicemen, the total age relaxation would be = 3+5 years = 8 years.

Same goes for people who are domiciled in J&K/have disabilities/ex-servicemen and are either SC/ST/OBC. They will get cumulative age relaxation.i.e, adding age relaxation in both the cases.

That's true. Same rule applied to civil services too.
    ·
  • @abhi44 Does it apply for OBC + commercial bank exp? As commercial bank exp comes under Rule 2(viii).

As Note I says "any other clauses of Rule II (b) above", so does it include all clauses under Rule2?

Note I:—Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Rule II (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, Persons with Disabilities etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog