Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Handwriting Speed & Legibility Improvement Classe at ForumIAS
Dear Friends, We are arranging for a handwriting speed and legibility improvement course on August 27, Sunday at 3PM, by Mohan Ray from Healthy Handwriting. | . If you facing the problem of slow handwriting, you can take this course, which has been brought on the request of several students who were facing similar problems.

DU PG Admissions.

Hello,
Could anyone here explain the process for taking Admission for PG (M.A. in History) in Delhi University for non-History graduates (engineering graduates).
TIA.
·

Comments

• Department of histroy has separate entrance examination and all have to sit for the same.
    From last year onwards it is on the objective basis.
    ·
  • raksha said:

Department of histroy has separate entrance examination and all have to sit for the same.

Is there seperate syllabus for History graduates and non-History graduates? And can we get any previous year papers somehow?
    ·
  • Hello,
    Could anyone here explain the process for taking Admission for PG (M.A. in History) in Delhi University for non-History graduates (engineering graduates).
    TIA.

Brother, I am no one to question you decision to do full time MA (History) from DU.

But if you are doing it only to gainfully spend time (vis a vis preparing full time), I would advice you to rethink your decision... I also tried this option (MA-IR, JNU) after my second mains but soon found it to be a big impediment in preparation... And left it...

I am taking that you want some stability immediately- personally and financially. It'll much better that you go for some quick resulting exams like Management Trainee in PSUs, SBI, IBPS, RRB PO etc. They'll stabilize your boat in a much much better way...

Just a thought... (Please ignore if I was unable to read your situation correctly)
    All the best...
    ·
  • Hello,
    TIA.

Brother, I am no one to question you decision to do full time MA (History) from DU.

But if you are doing it only to gainfully spend time (vis a vis preparing full time), I would advice you to rethink your decision... I also tried this option (MA-IR, JNU) after my second mains but soon found it to be a big impediment in preparation... And left it...

I am taking that you want some stability immediately- personally and financially. It'll much better that you go for some quick resulting exams like Management Trainee in PSUs, SBI, IBPS, RRB PO etc. They'll stabilize your boat in a much much better way...

Just a thought... (Please ignore if I was unable to read your situation correctly)
    All the best...
    I appreciate your suggestion. Its Just that I started to like history (also my optional) and wanted to get some formal in it. I agree with you that it might create some impediments in preperation so I am also thinking about applying to SOL-DU.
    And regarding qucik resulting exams I appeared for CGL 2016 and waiting for final results I dont think I need to appear for any other exam.
    Thanx anyways. :smile:
    ·
  • raksha said:

Department of histroy has separate entrance examination and all have to sit for the same.

Is there seperate syllabus for History graduates and non-History graduates? And can we get any previous year papers somehow?
    Delhi university has the same syllabus for all the candidates.No separate papers as such.
    u will be given the same set like others.
    u can get it from campus law centre north campus opp arts fac ,in case u r in delhi but m not sure.
    ·
  • If smbdy gets admission in any pg course then hw mch time does one need to spend in DU daily(working n preparing fr exam)
    Are PG courses except MBA done at DU/JNU gvn more prefrnc than IGNOU by employers/institutes(govt n pvt.) ,psu'setc.
    ·
  • lucky5 said:

If smbdy gets admission in any pg course then hw mch time does one need to spend in DU daily(working n preparing fr exam)
    Are PG courses except MBA done at DU/JNU gvn more prefrnc than IGNOU by employers/institutes(govt n pvt.) ,psu'setc.

With humanities pg it won't matter whether u do it front du or ignou
    ·
  • lucky5 said:

If smbdy gets admission in any pg course then hw mch time does one need to spend in DU daily(working n preparing fr exam)

it depends upon the course. For eg in sociology, geography, economics and commerce which are part of D school , you have to be hell regular because they maintain certain standard.
    other PG courses are less rigorous however they too have their own preferred time table and course shedule.It wont be that easy to manage with civil preparation.
    yes it matters a lot when you choose your career in that particular stream.Any course done with DU has much more value than distance learning programmes.
    ·
  • @SuperCommandoDhruva are registration forms for pg courses available now or it has been closed?
    ·
  • TFS @ashish singh n @raksha
    ·
  • raksha said:

lucky5 said:

it depends upon the course. For eg in sociology, geography, economics and commerce which are part of D school , you have to be hell regular because they maintain certain standard.
    other PG courses are less rigorous however they too have their own preferred time table and course shedule.It wont be that easy to manage with civil preparation.
    yes it matters a lot when you choose your career in that particular stream.Any course done with DU has much more value than distance learning programmes.
    For distance learning, which is better for History , DU-SOL or IGNOU?
    ·
  • @SuperCommandoDhruva are registration forms for pg courses available now or it has been closed?

I think it has not yet started yet. checked their site, but could not find anything.
    ·
  • Hello,
    TIA.

All the best...
    I wish someone had advised me this before.

P.s - pursuing masters in history from du
    Last semester.

·
  • Hello,
    TIA.

All the best...

Last semester.

Should I apply for DU SOL or IGNOU rather that going for a full time course at DU?
    ·
  • Hello,
    TIA.

All the best...

Last semester.

It hampers preparation for sure.

But, SBI PO and similar jobs consume much more time than a masters from DU.
    ·
  • abhi44 said:

Hello,
    TIA.

All the best...

Last semester.

At least you are economically stable and when you clear any exam you get so much of confidence that keeps you motivated.
    Masters studies are not that relevant as per the syllabus of upsc. They would mend you to think like a historian.
    Haan there s no issue of attendance here but assignments and presentations would keep interferring your daily routine in your preparations .

If one cosiders going in academics as a backup then he/she can take the risk of doing masters with upsc preprations but i wont suggest for others.
    Just a personal opinion
    ·
  • Hello,
    TIA.

All the best...

Last semester.

Should I apply for DU SOL or IGNOU rather that going for a full time course at DU?
    Well dont have much idea about SOL and IGNOU courses
    ·
  • abhi44 said:

Hello,
    TIA.

All the best...

Last semester.

At least you are economically stable and when you clear any exam you get so much of confidence that keeps you motivated.
    Masters studies are not that relevant as per the syllabus of upsc. They would mend you to think like a historian.
    Haan there s no issue of attendance here but assignments and presentations would keep interferring your daily routine in your preparations .

If one cosiders going in academics as a backup then he/she can take the risk of doing masters with upsc preprations but i wont suggest for others.
    Just a personal opinion
    Yes, masters don't provide any concrete backup as such.
    I am pursuing LLB from DU. Thought I could manage both UPSC and Law. Realised after a sem that I will have to let go off UPSC for three years.

Btw, you people have an advantage regarding attendance. We even have attendance issue :(
    ·
  • any DU college PG economics in evening session ?
    3 Mains 0 Interview ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸਾਹਿਤ
    ·
  • any DU college PG economics in evening session ?

None.
    ·
  • i was a BA history hons student at Du for 3 years . I didnt opt MA intentionally although i secured a seat.
    DU SOL is a Big NO for MA, they have very sluggish time table , result delays are sort of norm. it will take you around 3 years to finish a 2year degree, better opt IGNOU .

it is very hard to prepare for UPSC ,if you are in Campus as chances are very high to get swayed by Campus wave ; fashion , Grand Masti , Ideology etc .
    So unless you are thinking of a alternative career in Academics / LAwyer .....DU is a big "No".
    once a selected Senior advised me , when you are in preparation and see , things are not happening as planned.
    Such thoughts will pop up. But , stay Strong against such winds and focus only on UPSC .
    it helped me a lot.
    ·
  • Do we have to attend regular classes at ignou regional center or just have to attend exams only? Plz reply , its urgent.
    ·
  • Agar icha hai pg krne ki to ek course hai du ka jiska syllabus UPSC se kafi complement hota hai
    MA in lifelong learning and extension ,
    ·
  • edited May 5

Do we have to attend regular classes at ignou regional center or just have to attend exams only? Plz reply , its urgent.

@SuperCommandoDhruva do you have any idea about IGNOU?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog