ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Difference between Quasi judicial bodies vs power of civil court

Whether the powers of civil court give to National Commission for SCs/STs
-of summoning and enforcing attendance etc
make these bodies as Quasi judicial???

Comments

• I think quasi judicial has more to do with adjudication and dispute settlement (outside of the formal judicial system). Any cases on Atrocities or Civil Liberties Act are conducted in courts and not in the commission. So from that stand point, I would not consider them as quasi judicial. They have more of a regulatory and advisory nature.
    Anyone else?
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
  • I stand corrected. They are bodies with quasi judicial powers of inquiry.
  • @Jaime_Lannister So NHRC is a quasi judicial body or not???
    Also there was a question in CSM 2016 regrading quasi judicial bodies...
  • edited April 23
    quasi judicial bodies are which apart from administrative fucntions have some judicial powers ..but theY are not pure judicial body .... but civil court can also impose punishment like in cash etc ..abhi itna hi yaad aa rha ..and yes nhrc .. it can issue summon any officer refusing its guidelines ..but it can not impose any punishment in cash or kind ... i may not be right ... have not read from last 7-8 months ...sorry :D :D :D

ps-- layman knowledge ..sorry :D :D :D again :D and bye too
    okay
  • I would think so. Statutory quasi-judicial body.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog