MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

CAPF vs state PCS

I recently got selected as Sub Deputy Collector in my state PCS but I want to give CAPF too...Which post do you think is more preferable??

Comments

• Which state?
  • Binku said:

Which state?

Manipur
  • Sub deputy collector are any day better then rotting in borders/naxal/terrorist infected jungles of india , choose PCS blindly in home state u will earn respect money and peace
  • Both,are equally good brother.
    As a SDM, you r more close to society, common man,more or less same power as capf.lots of work pressure, political interference ect.while in capf you can become a Group-A officer​.limited social connections as mostly capf officer deployed around borders.
    so,if you have a passion for fencing our borders,love fighting with Naxalites in chhatis,like to guard our border with China at 15000 ft then you must go for Capf.Otherwise you go for state service.
    Thanks
  • pawanshut said:

Both,are equally good brother.
    As a SDM, you r more close to society, common man,more or less same power as capf.lots of work pressure, political interference ect.while in capf you can become a Group-A officer​.limited social connections as mostly capf officer deployed around borders.
    so,if you have a passion for fencing our borders,love fighting with Naxalites in chhatis,like to guard our border with China at 15000 ft then you must go for Capf.Otherwise you go for state service.
    Thanks

Are CAPF equally powerful to SDM....In my area SSB is deployed....Here even a Station House Officer is more powerful than deputy commandant....CAPF power has inherently many limitations....They have to hand over the arrested person to police then all the investigation charge sheet filing is carried out by police....In many cases they cannot search vehicle of civilian without presence of a police personnel leave alone arresting...so on and so forth......although CAPF is a group A post but if power is a criterion then I think DSP through State PCS is much much much more powerful.....While SDM being an executive magistrate is inherently powerful plus job profile has a lot of diversity....This diversity can be matched only by IAS...with limited exposure I have I will suggest you to blindly go for State PCS top 3 posts ie. Deputy Collector, DSP and commercial tax assistant commissioner .....CAPF is nowhere in comparison

• I think u are right
  • I recently got selected as Sub Deputy Collector in my state PCS but I want to give CAPF too...Which post do you think is more preferable?

Bhai,why you want to give capf.any specific reason.

• pawanshut said:

I recently got selected as Sub Deputy Collector in my state PCS but I want to give CAPF too...Which post do you think is more preferable?

Bhai,why you want to give capf.any specific reason.

SDC is grade B bhai and CAPF is Grade A Central Service. So i was vacillating.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog