Red Beacon Removal

How are govt would be officials like ias and ips feeling?
Will ips be allowed to retain blue beacon?
Troll

Comments

• Only red beacons are banned.
  • edited April 20
    gt2015 said:

Only red beacons are banned.

I think blue is set to be reserved only for emergency vehicles like ambulance, fire services etc. ( as per arun jaitley statement)

• All beacons banned. No babus can sport them now. Great move!
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • edited April 20
    People whose stated purpose for giving CSE was "batti wali gaadi" will now have to shift focus to Ambulance Driver Entrance Exam.

Having said that, I still believe that 'the more things change, the more they remain the same'.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
  • People whose stated purpose for giving CSE was "batti wali gaadi" will now have to shift focus to Ambulance Driver Entrance Exam.

Having said that, I still believe that 'the more things change, the more they remain the same'.

:D
    duniya..
  • Police in my state use orange colored beacon...they are still using it....
  • edited April 21

People whose stated purpose for giving CSE was "batti wali gaadi" will now have to shift focus to Ambulance Driver Entrance Exam.

:D
    ha ha ha....btw great move by the government..... hoping for its flawless execution

• Police in my state use orange colored beacon...they are still using it....

Operational police vehicles can use blue now. But not SP sahib's car. Also, the change kicks in on May 1, and there are no exceptions because they are deleting the very rule that empowered states and the centre to have battis. Bravo!
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • People whose stated purpose for giving CSE was "batti wali gaadi" will now have to shift focus to Ambulance Driver Entrance Exam.

Lololol
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • only senior bureaucrats in states and judges would be affected by this decision. even a small time minister moves with a cavalcade of atleast 10 suv's rendering the necessity of beacons irrelevant. many bureaucrats in central government were already not using beacons. but as far as ending vip culture is concerned, this step does not address even an iota of the problem.
  • fcckfk said:

only senior bureaucrats in states and judges would be affected by this decision. even a small time minister moves with a cavalcade of atleast 10 suv's rendering the necessity of beacons irrelevant. many bureaucrats in central government were already not using beacons. but as far as ending vip culture is concerned, this step does not address even an iota of the problem.

An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • fcckfk said:

only senior bureaucrats in states and judges would be affected by this decision. even a small time minister moves with a cavalcade of atleast 10 suv's rendering the necessity of beacons irrelevant. many bureaucrats in central government were already not using beacons. but as far as ending vip culture is concerned, this step does not address even an iota of the problem.

I have seen SDMs, DMs, SSPs use it with pride. It is great that their vehicles will now be stripped.
  • I was staying at Gujarat Bhavan before the interview, and Union Revenue Secretary, Shri Hasmukh Adhia had come to guide us about the interview, and explain GST to us in simple terms. We were expecting a lal batti waali car and a couple of others in tow, but he had come by a plain radio taxi. We were surprised, and impressed. :)
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • This step would lead to a massive surge in population of india now :s
    London main barish bata ke nahi aati
  • Does ANYONE realize the real issue here. What was the problem with beacons? Does it really cause mayhem if IAS/IPS officers or any dignitaries use a beacon? As far as I can see, that was never the problem.
    The real problem lies in the blatant MISUSE of the beacons - by the so called elected leaders (bahubalis, dacoits and their chelas etc) or every other chutbhayia wanna be neta or the wide extended families of the 'so and so' (as claimed by anybody and everybody who places a beacon and siren on just about any type of vehicle).
    So, what really was the problem here? I DONT see the beacons as the problem. And SADLY, the government, by passing this rule has given a message that the government CANNOT control the hooligans and their gundas and chutbhayia netas and their chelas and the cavalcades, therefore, the government will do something that SOUNDS NICE but is really of no value and not a solution at all.

Modi or the President etc, don't really need a beacon, do they? They have official cavalcades, they move only on the streets that have been emptied/cleared of the 'masses' by the Law Enforcement for VIP movement. Has anyone ever seen the PM or the Presidents car stop at a traffic light? Apparently only Indian leaders (apparently all of them from chutbhayia netas to bade netas and all their extended families) are threatened by such inconveniences and the traffic laws dont apply to them (yes, due to security reasons) however the Queen of Britain and many other countries' top leaders do not have enough of threat perception.

How is this going to solve any problem? Since the government cant control every Tom, Dick, and Harry from using the beacon, and since they are so concerned and have such high moral ethical values, they have decided to BAN the BEACON. Wonderful.

And to top it all, if this comes in the exam, the only option you have - is to praise the great move of the government!!!
  • Hope this decision will help in reducing competition in UPSC.
  • merc_benz said:

This step would lead to a massive surge in population of india now :s

Am I the only one who's curious to read the explanation? :D
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
  • edited April 21
    gt2015 said:

Hope this decision will help in reducing competition in UPSC.

Naa..police at junior level like dysp,sp and ssp will still use it in name of duty.Police has been exempted and crpc says work of junior police officer can also be taken over by senior officer...
    It will differentiate IPS from IAS like khaki vardi.competition for IPS will increase more

Troll
  • edited April 21
    <
    Troll
  • gt2015 said:

Naa..police at junior level like dysp,sp and ssp will still use it in name of duty.Police has been exempted and crpc says work of junior police officer can also be taken over by senior officer...
    It will differentiate IPS from IAS like khaki vardi.competition for IPS will increase more

Trust me only operational police vehicles will use it , the IAS lobby won't have it otherwise.
  • gt2015 said:

2 days back mandya district SP was scolded black n blue on stage by CM siddaramiah...if u see dat ips ka competition zameen ke neeche chalajayega...

Cm's words for SP on public stage.

Who made u an useless like u ips officer.
    Stupid useless fellow. Can't u even provide simple bandobast. Stupid. Getout.

That ips is a very very very upright n dynamic officer.

• merc_benz said:

This step would lead to a massive surge in population of india now :s

Am I the only one who's curious to read the explanation? :D
    :D lol jaime i wish u get a beacon post without a beacon car..so nobody recognize you... so many brunettes inside... but im sure you r too smart to control population :D
    London main barish bata ke nahi aati
  • edited April 21
    @handshake
    Trust me only operational police vehicles will use it , the IAS lobby won't have it otherwise.

http://m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/no-red-blue-beacons-atop-vehicles-in-up/articleshow/58297645.cms

Army will anyway use it..And they don't care for any IAS lobby..So even some paramilitary (read IPS) will use it
    Troll
  • edited April 21

gt2015 said:

2 days back mandya district SP was scolded black n blue on stage by CM siddaramiah...if u see dat ips ka competition zameen ke neeche chalajayega...

Cm's words for SP on public stage.

Who made u an useless like u ips officer.
    Stupid useless fellow. Can't u even provide simple bandobast. Stupid. Getout.

That ips is a very very very upright n dynamic officer.

Gali galoz is common in all services be it IAS,IPS and even private sector..Still competition is not reduced for IAS..There are lot of cases of IAS getting manhandled ( some cases even by class4 staff)..Still IAS competition has not decreased..

IPS officers rarely get beaten up like IAS officers..A handicapped man with gun/weapon is more feared than even a strong man with no weapon..

Now despite lot of verbal and physical abuses being hurled at IAS, competition has not reduced..What pains is in one case one IAS got beaten up by class 4 staff and due to political/union pressure he couldn't even take action on them..

https://m.bhaskar.com/news/UP-LUCK-ias-officer-beaten-in-lucknow-news-hindi-5372455-PHO.html
    A few yrs ago upsc rank 2 prakash Rajpurohit was beaten and slapped by doctor ..Another ias blackened face..Thrown ink upon..Lot of cases like that..

IPS also get killed by mafia but being cases of being manhandled by every tom dick Harry is rare
    Troll

• Thoda dekhlo why ips not good except in agmut.
  • Trust me only operational police vehicles will use it , the IAS lobby won't have it otherwise.

http://m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/no-red-blue-beacons-atop-vehicles-in-up/articleshow/58297645.cms

Army will anyway use it..And they don't care for any IAS lobby..So even some paramilitary (read IPS) will use it

Only operational vehicles can use it.
  • compared to condition of sp ssp in a distt ...sp is equivalent now to a daroga / inspector of 70s-80s.
  • compared to condition of sp ssp in a distt ...sp is equivalent now to a daroga / inspector of 70s-80s.

Bhai kabhi police matter mein police station jaaoge tb malum chalega ....Kya constable kya inspector kya SSP...Kuch bhi likh do !!

Kabhi thoda kisi k muh lag ke dekho ...Bhai khaki wale sara khumaar utaar denge and har ek post ki aukaat pata chalegi tumhe.

Humhe lagta h cheeze badal gyi , ab kisi ki koi aukaat nhi ...Hamara Constitution hai ye wo !!

I can guarantee you until you are a lawyer or know someone " weightage wala person" , you will not be able to deal a simple civil " police challan Case ".

They will bring hell out of you to make you realize real natue of 1861 police act .

PS: people are putting too much value to a LalBatti , I am not sure of southern States but in Northern belt A DM /SSP syill enjoys hell lot "trailor "irrespective of Beacon on his Car.

Ex: you go to Udaipur collector house , his bungalow is not less than a " Massive Haveli " in such a grand city.

Best thing is today's changed youngsters are bit less swayed by Batti or no batti compared to early era.
    Although some idiots still visualise it , sad news to them .
  • edited April 22

compared to condition of sp ssp in a distt ...sp is equivalent now to a daroga / inspector of 70s-80s.

Bhai kabhi police matter mein police station jaaoge tb malum chalega ....Kya constable kya inspector kya SSP...Kuch bhi likh do !!

Kabhi thoda kisi k muh lag ke dekho ...Bhai khaki wale sara khumaar utaar denge and har ek post ki aukaat pata chalegi tumhe.

Humhe lagta h cheeze badal gyi , ab kisi ki koi aukaat nhi ...Hamara Constitution hai ye wo !!

I can guarantee you until you are a lawyer or know someone " weightage wala person" , you will not be able to deal a simple civil " police challan Case ".

They will bring hell out of you to make you realize real natue of 1861 police act .

PS: people are putting too much value to a LalBatti , I am not sure of southern States but in Northern belt A DM /SSP syill enjoys hell lot "trailor "irrespective of Beacon on his Car.

Ex: you go to Udaipur collector house , his bungalow is not less than a " Massive Haveli " in such a grand city.

Best thing is today's changed youngsters are bit less swayed by Batti or no batti compared to early era.
    Although some idiots still visualise it , sad news to them .
    hey bhai u from udaipur? @Nagababa
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog