Invitation : Attend OPEN Classes on Current Affairs for Mains 2017 on 16th & 17th at 11AM

Walk in to the Test Center at 11AM Today or Register for the 2 Days Open Classes, or enroll for the ONLINE / OFFLINE Current Affairs for Mains 2017 by visiting the below link http://blog.forumias.com/currentaffairs2017. A registration fee of Rs. 50/day is charged for the two day event to have a correct estimate of the number of people attending.

BSF Jawan who complained about the food quality is 'released' from the force.

Please share your views. What is it with India? We know we have problems, but we just don't want others to point them out! Please do participate!
·

Comments

• this is what happens when on dares to raise voice against the dirty system.
    ·
  • This is the real India.
    One who raises voice against Nexus gets something like this in return.
    He is actually lucky that he is alive, Army personnel who complained about Sahayak System had to suicide.
    This is also a great example of total hypocrisy by Present government who on one hand ( LG Kiran Bedi and Her social Media promotion for Govt officers) on the other hand Mr Naidu says ( Social Media is great tool for Minimum Government and Max Governance) yet a personnel raising his voice against the corruption/nexus gets thrown out and humiliated.
    Also, as discipline Bla Bla by BSF therr was nothing in the complain which compromised the national security infact it showed a way to improve Jawans moral and improve it. About spoiling image of BSF, we all are aware of their Nexus with Pakistan drug Smuggler, it jas been going for years maybe even 100 years.
    This Jawan just wanted a decent meal for his duty but what he gets in return- maybe a pension less life ahead.

I am actually disappointed not by BSF ot Rajnath but by MODI ji, really disappointed. A clear example of Karni and Kathni.
    Border pe diwali mana li aur is jawan ke ghar ke diye bhujha diye.

Finally, the reason for all this is again our colonial mentality and Colonial Soul where officers at the Academy are taught to treat Jawans as inferiors- and this is a fact.

Our Sab Chalta hai attitude is also responsible fo it.

I guess I ve made a very long statement but friends this is the reality. Aspirants here are well aware of Laws/morals etc so I guess this is a good platform to share such views.
    ·
  • Corruption in Military is way way more than in Civils and also its all hidden. Military also has highest budget.
    People/Media like to se tainted image of Bureaucrats but to them Military is sacred, you raise question on Military corruptions you become anti national.
    ·

• I have military background for last 2-3 generations and I have seen things first hand.

Corruptuon: Offcourse it is there and I must say as u move up the hierarchy it increases.
    The MORRAL CORRUPTION is terrific. Huge distance between Officers and Ordinary sepoy.
    Relic of very strong caste and feudal type arrangement. Questioning the system is taken as revolt.
    But let me make it very clear------all these are not characteristic of INDIAN ARMED FORCES only but it is d underlying reality of ALMOST ALL ARMED FORCES across the world due to similarity in position and role of this institution in various nations. Democratic countries are bit better (including India) and autocratic and military states are even worse (read Pakistan, China).

Accountability: Poor and lacks enforcement from outside like courts, media, civil societies, citizens etc. So barely any redressal mechanism and mostly things are sorted out on paper only. System is largely opaque.

Huge leaking of ration meant for sepoy ( I know a person who is cook , with Indian Army and whenever he comes home on vacation, he has dry fruits, Ghee, Spices etc syphoned off from the stock coming to the Kitchen. If the cook gets so much of the share just imagine what an Officer gets and what pity is left for the members.) even larger in scope than that of in PDS system. :'(

The matter was mishandled and a great opportunity to fix the system have been missed.
    1. The soldier should have been given a lighter punishment
    2. Thourough overhaul of the system should have been done based on some committee report or public suggestion.

·
  • BSF is under the ministry of home, in-turn the force is governed by corrupt IPS officers, what else could be expected from them.
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
    ·
  • BSF is under the ministry of home, in-turn the force is governed by corrupt IPS officers, what else could be expected from them.

You are generalizing it way more than it deserves. First , IPS are sent on deputation basis in CAPFs. Any person going for 5 years has less chance to exploit the system in a way you mentioned.
    Second, daily rationing of jawans is handled by "Commandant", who belongs to the force only. That's where maximum daily basis corruption happens.
    Third , An IPS is appointed from DIG on wards post which is basically a desk type job. And do you think a DIG /IG deals with Jawn's daily demand and do ghapalA.
    Having said this , it's absolutely true that jawans are rarely treated as dignified Human beings by officers ir respective of force.
    It's real time that we look into our inner conscience and revamp entire system.
    ·
  • Before a week ago i met with some jawans in a hospital and started asking about sahayak tej bahadur....they were donating blood to a officers relative..bhailog i was shocked to know the extent of their cruel intention against officer..ek bola bhai hum mar bhi jate hai to ye officer kabi blood nahi dete..aur hum inke pure khandan ke blood bag hai.another said agar war hua to sabse pahle mai in angrezo ko marunga....they were requesting nurse to thoda kam nikalna qunki abhi suki roti kha ke din bhar kade rahna hai...i dont kno wat gvt is doing to deal with this haźard..caste system is changing..no one like to man handled in the name of disxipline..
    ·
  • Armed forces is the most opaque institution all around the world. No transparency, no accountability and rampant corruption in the name of national security and victim of this system is ordinary soldiers.
    ·
  • sardarji said:

Please share your views. What is it with India? We know we have problems, but we just don't want others to point them out! Please do participate!

You are not in service... It's visible.

Once you are in service, especially uniformed service, you will realize there is much more to an issue than meets the eye.
    And media, an institution that should be counted among the most unethical, loves to portray the side which suits its TRP the best.

#Talking from experience
    #Police Service
    ·
  • pks11630 said:

sardarji said:

Once you are in service, especially uniformed service, you will realize there is much more to an issue than meets the eye.
    And media, an institution that should be counted among the most unethical, loves to portray the side which suits its TRP the best.

#Talking from experience
    #Police Service
    Bhai konsi police service , state or what ?? Last I heard of you , u were fighting at railway ticket counter and got beaten badly. And you got hell lot inspiration out of it.
    I didn't follow if you cleared stats pcs , upsc u didn't B)

Ps: bhai khali baithe swaad le rha hu !
    ·
  • After listing from ex CAPF JCOs that IPS officers are mostly honest atleast during the posting in the forces.
    The corruption strarts from Assistant Commandant to Commandant. As pointed earlier DIG and above rank seldom do it.
    And since they are deputed for only some time they do not have incentive to go against the nexus, other reason could also be due to political pressure ( anti national sentiments etc).
    Ration is sold everywhere like most of the units- even at regimental HQ level - DIG above level officers are mostly not aware if it(IPS) , it is still going and will continue.

Now why CAPF officers indulge in this- as per report on CAPF - officers to do have incentives to work hard/ honestly because all the senior post are occupied by IPS.

Having said about CAPF , situations is gloomy in Tri Forces too.
    For example in Navy- its the most professional forces amongst all 3- corruption is to the core.
    The recruitment exam for Salior after 10+2 is sometimes even tougher than NDA exam, % in PCM also above 75% , the only reason they do not become officer is they fail to clear interview ( SSB), now when these soldiers after training are posted, they realize the reality, i.e every Tom Dick and Harry just because is an officer makes them feel inferior at every opportunity. So, atleast in Navy there is a sentiment among new recruit that knowledge wise we are also at par with officers but in English speaking skills they lack, this sentiment is growing from last 10-15 years atleast.

Serving JCO, with 25 years of experience are afraid of officers most, because even after so many years in Services they are treated like shit by a 10-12 years old officers. If they raise their voices now they will loose whatever is remaining of their respect- they are just waiting to get retire trouble free.

All this is first hand experience I am telling u about, that problem is there in Tri Forces as well but never highlighted bcoz of national security/ morals.

Now coming to generalizing it across all armed forces in the world, not true.
    In developed economies, in south East Asia, In European countries, USA etc first of all - juniors call their seniors by Rank like Captain etc seen in many movies also, there is always a JCO rank officers sitting in Generals office wielding power equivalent of number of years in services comparable to officers- all grievances can be addressed through him.
    In most countries, Harbor Crew and Sailing crew is different- giving some relaxed time to sailors as well.
    The relationship is mostly like Captain and his team member unlike here where it is like Boss and Servant.
    Overall- In developed societies- philosophy is- as also depicted very well by a scene in " Band of the Brothers ": You dont salute the person, you salute the rank.
    It was never there in India, here person is the rank. Offiers wants treatment like Nawabs or Rajas and same is taught to them in training academy.

All this crap is still there to maintain discipline- a crap logic again.

In India we are still following the colonial mindset and their training methods where a junior/ jawans is made feel inferior at every incident possible.

Having said all that- Not all officers are like this- many officer are really very and honest.
    Example- DIG ( IPS) posted in one of CAPF , just came with one suitcase when he arrived at the unit, used all proper mechanism like for access to GAS he took it from agency unlike previous officers who used ot take it from Mess, every festival will distribute sweeets to all unit personnel from his own pocket and left with one suitcase only.

These are rare species are getting extinct.

Most of honest officers leave force (20 years) because they know theh will not get promotion.

All above are my personal views based on real first hand experience.
    ·
  • pks11630 said:

sardarji said:

#Talking from experience
    #Police Service
    Bhai konsi police service , state or what ?? Last I heard of you , u were fighting at railway ticket counter and got beaten badly. And you got hell lot inspiration out of it.

He is a DSP in Rajasthan.
    Afaik.
    ·
  • pks11630 said:

sardarji said:

#Talking from experience
    #Police Service

He is a DSP in Rajasthan.
    Afaik.
    Bhai rajasthan mein to pkka nhi h . 2012 batch yet to get their posting {training chl rhi h }. 2013 ki training suru nhi hui.
    2014 ka result nhi aya ..Aur abhi 2017 chal raha h .
    Last I know he is giving upsc interview only ,yet to get police service.

# Speaking from first hand # Observation B)
    ·
  • That Jawan was a serial offender, there are enough mechanisms in armed forces to register your complaint, even to the level of writing it to the President of India, but this social media sting is unacceptable, considering the level of discipline required in this profession. There is a reason why we have Article 33 in Indian Constitution which curtails the Fundamental Rights of Armed Forces, Paramilitary, Intelligence Agencies and Police. You just can't apply the same Freedom of expression or Whistle-blower yardstick to the profession which is directly concerned with national security.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog