ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Seeking Justice For 30% Visually Disabled (One-Eyed) Aspirants in Public Employment

Seeking Justice For One-Eyed Individuals in Public Employment : Public Interest Litigation

If there is anyone in this group who is 30% visually disabled (one-eyed individual) and facing rejections from the government medical authorities with respect to his/her employment, then kindly e-mail me the specific issue at ankit.laroiya@gmail.com. Alternatively, you can also Watsapp me at 9811680054.

Please share with your friends.I am planning to file a PIL in Supreme Court on this matter.

Regards.
Ankit Kumar

Comments

• Seeking Justice For One-Eyed Individuals in Public Employment : Public Interest Litigation

If there is anyone in this group who is 30% visually disabled (one-eyed individual) and facing rejections from the government medical authorities with respect to his/her employment, then kindly e-mail me the specific issue at ankit.laroiya@gmail.com. Alternatively, you can also Watsapp me at 9811680054.

Please share with your friends.I am planning to file a PIL in Supreme Court on this matter.

Regards.
    Ankit Kumar

Can you please tell me why government rejects person with disabled in one eye ?
  • Seeking Justice For One-Eyed Individuals in Public Employment : Public Interest Litigation

Regards.
    Ankit Kumar

as per rule they can deny only technical post but will be allowed with other non technical posts.
  • Seeking Justice For One-Eyed Individuals in Public Employment: Public Interest Litigation

If there is anyone in this group who is 30% visually disabled (one-eyed individual) and facing rejections from the government medical authorities with respect to his/her employment, then kindly e-mail me the specific issue at ankit.laroiya@gmail.com. Alternatively, you can also Whatsapp me at 9811680054.

Regards.
    Ankit Kumar

Thank you, Ankit.

Myself being an amblyopic did consult few Doctors and some google search, What I found is the candidate shall not be denied unless it is clearly mentioned in the advertisement.

http://elegalix.allahabadhighcourt.in/elegalix/WebShowJudgment.do

In Yogesh Dutt vs. Union of India and Others case, The petitioner did not fall in the category of visually handicapped, as he is not blind and also does not fall in the category of orthopedic handicapped as his disability is 30%, with loss of one eye. He thus applied in General, unreserved category.

When a totally blind person can claim to be appointed as an officer in the bank, the declaration that one eyed persons is medically unfit, is a contradiction in terms. The Circulars of the Bank denying opportunity of employment of one eyed persons as clerks and officers, is violative of Article 14 of the Constitution of India. The issue raised in the present case is more a human right issue, than a disability issue.

We are of the opinion that the petitioner has been illegally and arbitrarily denied appointment as a Probationary Officer. A writ of mandamus is issued to the respondents to appoint the petitioner as Probationary Officer for which he was selected in pursuance to advertisement No. CRPD/PO/08-09/04 within one month and to give seniority with effect from the date when a person next junior to him, in his category was appointed.
  • I am of the opinion that we can avail all Non-Technical posts without any quota or discrimination.
    There would be equal footing in case of IAS/IFS while IPS/IRTS would be out of bounds.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog