MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

Important : Cost Sharing & Uploading of Copyright Material : Accounts suspension and Legal Notice.

Dear Members,

We have received legal notice from VisionIAS and Neostencil about some members who are publicly soliciting sale of videos , notes and courses. A police complaint has also been filed by Neostencil to protect their IP rights. Subsequent to this, we were forced to release the details of the candidates selling such materiel/ free sharing on ForumIAS.

Please note that ForumIAS is a knowledge sharing network , meant to provide guidance, tips and direction for Civil Services Preparation. We do not in any way encourage piracy or allow members to share copyright content. Earlier this year, we had to remove such content on a notice by Penguin Books.

Please help us help you and do not sell copyright content here, or even upload it. Anything that is available at a price outside cannot be shared publicly, since we are legally sometimes co-responsible for the content you put.

In the previous case, where Delhi Police was involved it was observed that candidate selling notes was doing it commercially , and was selling all vidoes. A financial crime was committed by him by receiving payments and Police swung into action. It did not end well, despite our best efforts to protect our members.

This is to inform you that on all such complaints, we will release details of members to agencies/parties involved. We request you to not publicly share anything. We however, condone any such sharing privately in Inbox , as a matter of policy as of now.

All such accounts will be terminated and details will be passed on to agencies / parties.
·

Comments

• @root . @Neyawn @Jaime_Lannister @Flavido , it's indeed wrong to share IP material , and must be condemned in strong words but at same time ForumIAS must safeguard the privacy of their members , no one would like their contact details be shared ,after all almost everything is available at Atul Photoshop and similar shops , why not take legal action against them ?
    please have legal / technical guidance in order to Barricade and prevent , access to personal Info of members , like username , email id , IP address , eg whatsapp uses end to end encryption and even if willing , cannot disclose personal info
    ·
  • Unless you want Cersei to burn Atul Photoshop with wildfire, I don't know why I am in the mix.

I am 'no one' on the forum.
    Sorry about the sapphires.
    ·
  • Unless you want Cersei to burn Atul Photoshop with wildfire, I don't know why I am in the mix.

:D
    ·
  • why they cant take action against those photocopy shops where everything is available
    why to target poor students
    pls @root give me details of the case my brother is lawyer he will fight for the case and i will bear all charges from my salary
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • I am still wondering who has uploaded material on forumias hahahahaha...
    ·
  • @Jaime_Lannister , you are a lannister , throw that gold around and Buy VisionIAS and neostencil

but mods do need to look into this , and ensure privacy for users using legal and technical means
    ·

:joy: :joy:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Such strick rules will only hamper participation.
    ·

Haha, I can confirm that Sir Jaime Lannister is one of the brains behind ForumIAS ;-)

Feel free to tag him for any username change, password issues, moderatorship or content censorship issues. :D :tongue:
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • @Neyawn If one is just downloading videos but is not distributing them then what is the harm in that? How can one pay again n again for the same course?
    ·
  • Neyawn said:

Unless you want Cersei to burn Atul Photoshop with wildfire, I don't know why I am in the mix.

Haha, I can confirm that Sir Jaime Lannister is one of the brains behind ForumIAS ;-)

Feel free to tag him for any username change, password issues, moderatorship or content censorship issues. :D :tongue:
    Bad move. This tests three things at once. The extent of your influence on public opinion. Public's sense of humour. And public's verdict on whether I have a "brain". And depending upon the responses, at least one of us walks out with egg on his face. :D :wink: #MexicanStandoff.
    Sorry about the sapphires.
    ·
  • I think the recent verdict of Delhi High court under copyright case can be applicable here.People can share copyrighted material as long as there is no commercial gain from it, and such a transfer remains limited for knowledge sharing purpose.
    Pre=2 Mains=2015 Optional=Political Science
    ·
  • I dont think anyone would want to risk their career for these illegal issues. Usually the person whom you share with indulges in further sharing and selling.
    By above logic, i can record a movie sitting in multiplex and show them to my family at home for free.

searched for the judgment and it seems it was only for xerox photocopies and not audio/videos that people sell. several teachers make effort with xerox shops to sell their xerox notes for easy promotion.
    "In a landmark judgment, Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw of the Delhi high court has held that reproducing books and distributing copies thereof for the purpose of education is not copyright infringement. The ruling legitimises the practice of photocopying prevalent in universities and other spaces of learning. The question of whether such photocopying without the permission of the copyright holders was legal arose in 2013. A group of five prominent publishers had filed a suit against the University of Delhi and its photocopying service provider, alleging infringement of their copyrighted titles".
    ·
  • Let's File a case against Vision IAS for not filing a case against ImageRunners.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google