Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Important : Cost Sharing & Uploading of Copyright Material : Accounts suspension and Legal Notice.

Dear Members,

We have received legal notice from VisionIAS and Neostencil about some members who are publicly soliciting sale of videos , notes and courses. A police complaint has also been filed by Neostencil to protect their IP rights. Subsequent to this, we were forced to release the details of the candidates selling such materiel/ free sharing on ForumIAS.

Please note that ForumIAS is a knowledge sharing network , meant to provide guidance, tips and direction for Civil Services Preparation. We do not in any way encourage piracy or allow members to share copyright content. Earlier this year, we had to remove such content on a notice by Penguin Books.

Please help us help you and do not sell copyright content here, or even upload it. Anything that is available at a price outside cannot be shared publicly, since we are legally sometimes co-responsible for the content you put.

In the previous case, where Delhi Police was involved it was observed that candidate selling notes was doing it commercially , and was selling all vidoes. A financial crime was committed by him by receiving payments and Police swung into action. It did not end well, despite our best efforts to protect our members.

This is to inform you that on all such complaints, we will release details of members to agencies/parties involved. We request you to not publicly share anything. We however, condone any such sharing privately in Inbox , as a matter of policy as of now.

All such accounts will be terminated and details will be passed on to agencies / parties.
·

Comments

• @root . @Neyawn @Jaime_Lannister @Flavido , it's indeed wrong to share IP material , and must be condemned in strong words but at same time ForumIAS must safeguard the privacy of their members , no one would like their contact details be shared ,after all almost everything is available at Atul Photoshop and similar shops , why not take legal action against them ?
    please have legal / technical guidance in order to Barricade and prevent , access to personal Info of members , like username , email id , IP address , eg whatsapp uses end to end encryption and even if willing , cannot disclose personal info
    ·
  • Unless you want Cersei to burn Atul Photoshop with wildfire, I don't know why I am in the mix.

I am 'no one' on the forum.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
    ·
  • Unless you want Cersei to burn Atul Photoshop with wildfire, I don't know why I am in the mix.

:D
    ·
  • why they cant take action against those photocopy shops where everything is available
    why to target poor students
    pls @root give me details of the case my brother is lawyer he will fight for the case and i will bear all charges from my salary
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • I am still wondering who has uploaded material on forumias hahahahaha...
    God is not an omnibenevolent benefactor we make him to be.

·
  • @Jaime_Lannister , you are a lannister , throw that gold around and Buy VisionIAS and neostencil

but mods do need to look into this , and ensure privacy for users using legal and technical means
    ·

:joy: :joy:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
    ·
  • Such strick rules will only hamper participation.
    ·

Haha, I can confirm that Sir Jaime Lannister is one of the brains behind ForumIAS ;-)

Feel free to tag him for any username change, password issues, moderatorship or content censorship issues. :D :tongue:
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·
  • @Neyawn If one is just downloading videos but is not distributing them then what is the harm in that? How can one pay again n again for the same course?
    ·
  • Neyawn said:

Unless you want Cersei to burn Atul Photoshop with wildfire, I don't know why I am in the mix.

Haha, I can confirm that Sir Jaime Lannister is one of the brains behind ForumIAS ;-)

Feel free to tag him for any username change, password issues, moderatorship or content censorship issues. :D :tongue:
    Bad move. This tests three things at once. The extent of your influence on public opinion. Public's sense of humour. And public's verdict on whether I have a "brain". And depending upon the responses, at least one of us walks out with egg on his face. :D :wink: #MexicanStandoff.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
    ·
  • I think the recent verdict of Delhi High court under copyright case can be applicable here.People can share copyrighted material as long as there is no commercial gain from it, and such a transfer remains limited for knowledge sharing purpose.
    Pre=2 Mains=2015 Optional=Political Science
    ·
  • I dont think anyone would want to risk their career for these illegal issues. Usually the person whom you share with indulges in further sharing and selling.
    By above logic, i can record a movie sitting in multiplex and show them to my family at home for free.

searched for the judgment and it seems it was only for xerox photocopies and not audio/videos that people sell. several teachers make effort with xerox shops to sell their xerox notes for easy promotion.
    "In a landmark judgment, Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw of the Delhi high court has held that reproducing books and distributing copies thereof for the purpose of education is not copyright infringement. The ruling legitimises the practice of photocopying prevalent in universities and other spaces of learning. The question of whether such photocopying without the permission of the copyright holders was legal arose in 2013. A group of five prominent publishers had filed a suit against the University of Delhi and its photocopying service provider, alleging infringement of their copyrighted titles".
    ·
  • Let's File a case against Vision IAS for not filing a case against ImageRunners.
    ·
  • edited May 1
    All i am saying is that the owners @Neyawn @ForumIAS must be more pro student and look for ways to block these efforts
    ·
  • edited May 1

All i am saying is that the owners @Neyawn @ForumIAS must be more pro student and look for ways to block these efforts

No money or manpower or time to fight court cases against these classes.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
    ·
  • edited April 30

All i am saying is that the mods and owners @Neyawn @ForumIAS must be more pro student and look for ways to block these efforts

@DrKingSchultz no one needs to , all forumias needs to do is put safegaurds in place like encryption , a few disclaimers , privacy protection , which wont take more then day or two , and Ayush sir being a good coder , it would be matter of hours
    Why is that so tough ?
    Whatsapp uses end to end encryption via openwhispers and bypasses any request for giving up personal infomation of users ,hence protecting their privacy , there will be quite a few technical ways for forumias to do the same
    ·
  • edited May 1
    Image runners today has become a giant in ORN. They have multiple branches in ORN . Most of the new shops r theirs... sparkle photocopy , academia etc.... if u defame them here they will also file a case against u ....lol... its just that a civil service aspirant is forced to get exploited in multiple ways . Coaching wallahas , photocopy wallahs , tiffin wallahs n even kabadi wallahs try to exploit students living in ORN mukerjee nagar.

Nobody can help. This is a competitive world. Everyone has their own interests that has to be protected. Coaching wallas or forum or students. Its a never ending vicious cycle...

@DrKingSchultz no one needs to , all forumias needs to do is put safegaurds in place like encryption , a few disclaimers , privacy protection , which wont take more then day or two , and Ayush sir being a good coder , it would be matter of hours
    Why is that so tough ?
    Whatsapp uses end to end encryption via openwhispers and bypasses any request for giving up personal infomation of users ,hence protecting their privacy , there will be quite a few technical ways for forumias to do the same
    ·
  • Image runners today has become a giant in ORN. They have multiple branches in ORN . Most of the new shops r theirs... sparkle photocopy , academia etc.... if u defame them here they will also file a case against u ....lol... its just that a civil service aspirant is forced to get exploited in multiple ways . Coaching wallahas , photocopy wallahs , tiffin wallahs n even kabadi wallahs try to exploit students living in ORN mukerjee nagar.

Nobody can help. This is a competitive world. Everyone has their own interests that has to be protected. Coaching wallas or forum or students. Its a never ending vicious cycle...

All i am saying is that the mods and owners @Neyawn @ForumIAS must be more pro student and look for ways to block these efforts

Why is that so tough ?
    They will file case against u ..... Its 3:00 a.m and I cant stop laughing... Travesty of justice ?? Hhahaah

·
  • vivekias said:

Image runners today has become a giant in ORN. They have multiple branches in ORN . Most of the new shops r theirs... sparkle photocopy , academia etc.... if u defame them here they will also file a case against u ....lol... its just that a civil service aspirant is forced to get exploited in multiple ways . Coaching wallahas , photocopy wallahs , tiffin wallahs n even kabadi wallahs try to exploit students living in ORN mukerjee nagar.

Why is that so tough ?
    They will file case against u ..... Its 3:00 a.m and I cant stop laughing... Travesty of justice ?? Hhahaah

:P
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog