Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Demand for compensatory attempts - update

As we all might remember, a couple of months back there was a strong rumour that compensatory attempts will be granted to students affected by the CSAT scheme of exam (2011-2014 or 2011-2015 as you prefer). It turned out to be, well, just a rumour. The fight has continued since then and there have been a few updates. So thought I will share it with you.

Our issue has been raised in the Rajya Sabha twice (Oscar Fernandis and Ritabrat Banerjee) and in Lok Sabha once (S.P. Muddahanume Gowda).

It received some press coverage too:

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/plea-for-extra-upsc-attempts/article17764643.ece

The core team split - one faction lobbying with the government and opposition and the other solely protesting against the government. A bit of drama happened with one lot banning the other from their FB group and a new group getting formed.

That said, individual members lobbied with double the effort and have made representations to, among others, Shashi Tharoor, Rajnath Singh, Amit Shah etc. Amit Shah even supported the demand and promised to allow us to present our case before the government.

For further details you can join this group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/403160446749085/

As of now we are trying to send as many personal representations to Secretary, DoPT as possible before the government officially replies to the question raised by Oscar Fernandis in the Rajya Sabha.

No rumour, no promise, just an update that people haven't given up and you can join the above mentioned FB group and voice your ideas or help.

Thank you!

Sal, nahi pata Sal!
·

Comments

• We have to download this file and sign it and send it to the address at DoPT mentioned in the file asap. More we send it individually, more will be the pressure on DoPT to give attempts.
    docx
    docx
    1.docx
    1.docx 18.5K
    ·
  • M so glad this thread is back on the forum:)
    God is not an omnibenevolent benefactor we make him to be.

·
  • 2016 me kuchh na hua

2017 me kuchh nahi hoga, as its too late for this year

·
  • freeman said:

2016 me kuchh na hua

Freeman sir ye junior apki khidmat me zaroor rahega. B)

·
  • Tudor said:

freeman said:

2016 me kuchh na hua

Freeman sir ye junior apki khidmat me zaroor rahega. B)
    :D
    ·
  • it took a storm again but seems govt is unmoved.please you all stop this drama now.
    ·
  • edited April 14
    sarabjeet said:

it took a storm again but seems govt is unmoved.please you all stop this drama now.

How is this 'drama'? When was the last time three MPs raised a UPSC CSE related issue in Parliament? Let me guess..the year CSAT was removed!

No one is doing drama here. People have made the effort to meet MP after MP and get the issue raised in Parliament. So unlike last time where people were largely banking on one RSS guy's assurances, this time there is a significant support from politicians. There is also the precedent of UP PSC now where 2 compensatory attempts have been granted.

The only issue is with DoPT and Jitendra Singh - both of whom think this is a demand of not of more than 40-50 people. Hence, we are asking people to make as many representations as possible (by post and in person). 2017 is out of question now. We are hoping for 2018.

In any case, this thread came back not to indulge in rumour mongering like last time but to give an update and seek help of other people.
    Sal, nahi pata Sal!
    ·
  • I think even if nothing happens now, noise on the issue must be maintained. Elections in 2019.Even I think nothings gonna happen RIGHT NOW.
    sarabjeet said:

it took a storm again but seems govt is unmoved.please you all stop this drama now.

·
  • Sanpas said:

sarabjeet said:

How is this 'drama'? When was the last time three MPs raised a UPSC CSE related issue in Parliament? Let me guess..the year CSAT was removed!

No one is doing drama here. People have made the effort to meet MP after MP and get the issue raised in Parliament. So unlike last time where people were largely banking on one RSS guy's assurances, this time there is a significant support from politicians. There is also the precedent of UP PSC now where 2 compensatory attempts have been granted.

The only issue is with DoPT and Jitendra Singh - both of whom think this is a demand of not of more than 40-50 people. Hence, we are asking people to make as many representations as possible (by post and in person). 2017 is out of question now. We are hoping for 2018.

In any case, this thread came back not to indulge in rumour mongering like last time but to give an update and seek help of other people.
    outcome is zero. Jitendra may think whatsoever if the pressure was there it would have been done.dont give false hopes.
    ·
  • Those who r saying "kuch nahi hoga" : keya uplog ko pata tha k uppsc me extra attempt milega? !

·
  • lage rho bhaiyo..itna vote die ho kuch to inko bhi dena chahie...... B)
    ·
  • Not from UP but just read about in current affairs today. Was happy to see. Sets a precedent for the centre.
    Gaurav84 said:

Those who r saying "kuch nahi hoga" : keya uplog ko pata tha k uppsc me extra attempt milega? !

·
  • no means no baba.kuchh our karo!
    ·
  • Year: 2012
    Was in iit then, met a guy who gave his last attempt and that was the mains result day. If anyone is frm iitb here, then there's yadav tea stall n we both along with one of my frnd were having tea. He already lost hope n was into startup, rangiru if m nt mistaken. He used to visit bombay often.

"Result kaisa rha" I enquired
    "Agle janam hoga ab cse ka sapna", kismat me nahi tha" (exact words)

(That was the first time I met a guy who has exhausted all his attempts and for the first time I saw his morale down)

I went back msged him on fb

"It's sad that rising stars in heaven starts deciding the rising of stars on earth"

To which he just smiled.

Year: 2013, some where before mains

"Congrats"

"Abhi result nahi aya bhai"

"Pta hai, lekin ye extra attempt aapke hi liye hai, kismat ki baat hui hi apni us din, ye bhi kismat hi hai aapki ki extra attempt mila hai, aur mila bhi isliye ki aapko selection hona hai"

"Hahaha, ty dost, milte hai kabhi delhi"

"Pakka, joining h meri delhi milenge pakka"

Year: 2013, after final results some time in the morning. Some guy posted a screenshot, on his wall, n I got a feed n I clicked the notification.

I said:

Rank 653, Abhay Kumar

I dint message msg him, just I was happy, so happy that I cnt type n express it here. Still I msged

" :) "

He: " :) "

He is none other than Abhay from Vaji ram faculty, polity.

My good frnd :)

Moral: Life is like a box of chocolate, u never know what u gonna get. Keep fighting, kiski kismat me kya ho kisi ko nahi pata. As faiz said

"Kisi ko ghar se nikalte hi mil gayi manzil, koi hamari tarah umra bhar safar me rha"

I hope u all get extra attempt, upsc will seek u if ur destined for upsc. All the best.

(me: I have still 6 attempts left. Already in a Grp A service but I have feelings for u all deserving students who have invested their heart and soul for this exam. All the best n keep smiling) :)
    ·
  • ^^ <3 B)

·
  • What happens to the baswan report......??? Will they provide two years of freezing period wrt 2018 as reported by some news or not
    ·
  • Ajey said:

Year: 2012
    Was in iit then, met a guy who gave his last attempt and that was the mains result day. If anyone is frm iitb here, then there's yadav tea stall n we both along with one of my frnd were having tea. He already lost hope n was into startup, rangiru if m nt mistaken. He used to visit bombay often.

"Result kaisa rha" I enquired
    "Agle janam hoga ab cse ka sapna", kismat me nahi tha" (exact words)

(That was the first time I met a guy who has exhausted all his attempts and for the first time I saw his morale down)

I went back msged him on fb

"It's sad that rising stars in heaven starts deciding the rising of stars on earth"

To which he just smiled.

Year: 2013, some where before mains

"Congrats"

"Abhi result nahi aya bhai"

"Pta hai, lekin ye extra attempt aapke hi liye hai, kismat ki baat hui hi apni us din, ye bhi kismat hi hai aapki ki extra attempt mila hai, aur mila bhi isliye ki aapko selection hona hai"

"Hahaha, ty dost, milte hai kabhi delhi"

"Pakka, joining h meri delhi milenge pakka"

Year: 2013, after final results some time in the morning. Some guy posted a screenshot, on his wall, n I got a feed n I clicked the notification.

I said:

Rank 653, Abhay Kumar

I dint message msg him, just I was happy, so happy that I cnt type n express it here. Still I msged

" :) "

He: " :) "

He is none other than Abhay from Vaji ram faculty, polity.

My good frnd :)

Moral: Life is like a box of chocolate, u never know what u gonna get. Keep fighting, kiski kismat me kya ho kisi ko nahi pata. As faiz said

"Kisi ko ghar se nikalte hi mil gayi manzil, koi hamari tarah umra bhar safar me rha"

I hope u all get extra attempt, upsc will seek u if ur destined for upsc. All the best.

(me: I have still 6 attempts left. Already in a Grp A service but I have feelings for u all deserving students who have invested their heart and soul for this exam. All the best n keep smiling) :)

2014 mains interview in 2015...of Abhay .he got 212 in interview. h.c. gupta board.he got just 2 marks more than written cut off. yup kismet hoti hai.
    ·
  • How much does the faculty of vajiram get paid ?

·
  • What happens to the baswan report......??? Will they provide two years of freezing period wrt 2018 as reported by some news or not

Baswan report was a tactical move by the present govt to diffuse the student movement.
    I don't think it will ever be implemented.

PS: all the best to people demanding extra attempts.
    ·
  • Baswans report was thrown in the dumpster long ago.

·
  • Update:

The core team is scheduled to meet Dr. Jitendra Singh in the coming week. Prior to this meeting the team had met quite a few MPs and politicians including Sh. Rajnath Singh and Sh Amit Shah. Both of them expressed their support for our demand.

Prior to this meeting with Dr. Singh, we are hoping to send as many representations to DoPT and Mr. Amit Shah. The format of representation to be sent to DoPT remains the same (as attached in a post earlier). The format of representation to send to Mr. Amit Shah is as follows:
    सेवा में
    श्री मान अमित शाह जी,
    राष्ट्रीय अध्यक्ष,
    भारतीय जनता पार्टी,
    11 अशोक रोड, नई देलही।

विषय: माननीय मुख्यमंत्री श्री योगी आदित्य नाथ द्वारा उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग के विधियार्थियो को दो अतिरिक्त अवसर देने के बाद केन्द्र की भाजपा सरकार से संघ लोक सेवा आयोग में भी दो अतिरिक्त अवसर प्रदान करके न्याय करने कि मांग।

महोदय,
    उत्तर प्रदेश के सभी विधार्थी तथा विभिन्न विधार्थी संघ उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग में प्रदेश की भाजपा सरकार द्रारा दो अतिरिक्त अवसर दिए जाने पर आपका आभार व्यक्त करते है तथा साथ ही यह भी निवेदन करते है की केंद्र की भाजपा सरकार भी सीसेट (CSAT) से प्रभावित विधार्थियो को संघ लोक सेवा आयोग में अतिरिक्त अवसर प्रदान करके न्याय करे क्योंकि प्रभावित विधार्थियो के लिये प्रदेश तथा केन्द्र की भाजपा सरकार के एक विषय पर दो मापदंड नहीं हो सकते। सिसेट (CSAT) से प्रभावित विधार्थियो की यह राष्ट्रीयव्यापी मांग पिछले दो वर्षो से लम्बित है जिसे विभिन्न सांसदों ने समय समय पर लोक सभा तथा राज्य सभा में भी उठाया है।
    इसलिय आपसे करबद्ध प्राथना है की माननीय श्री जितेन्दर सिंह जी से हमारी प्राथना पर तुरंत कार्यवाही कर हमे न्याय दिलाने की कृपया करे तथा भाजपा सरकार की सबका साथ सबका विकास की एक ही राष्ट्रीयव्यापी नीति का उधारण प्रस्तुत करे।
    आपकी अति कृपया होगी।
    धन्यवाद।
    भवदीय
    [Your Name and Address]

Please get signatures from your friends also and if they are too lazy to speed post themselves, please do it on their behalf.

Sal, nahi pata Sal!
    ·
  • Pics of some recent meetings with MPs.
    17904517_10208985575226564_5498775888735829797_n.jpg
    720 x 480 - 36K
    17904255_10208985576666600_4143607365691546611_n.jpg
    720 x 540 - 30K
    17884510_10208985585386818_3386839136996233764_n.jpg
    720 x 540 - 43K
    Sal, nahi pata Sal!
    ·
  • Our demand being raised in Parliament in the last session.

Sal, nahi pata Sal!
    ·
  • OK will send

·
  • sent
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog