what is the difference between your real age and age by certification?

edited April 10 in Miscellaneous
I recently moved to ORN. Most people seem to be 25+ but during conversations i find out that they are just 21-23 age group.
So i am wondering either they are bluffing or simply telling the DOB by documents. I today met a 32+ (IMO) guy ; i asked if he has any attempts left. He said "why, I am only 24". Now this is frustrating for me. I am 24 now and already used 4 attempts.

Comments

• My point is Maturity, level of understanding and Knowledge base improves by age. If any person has huge difference of say 3 to 6 yrs . doesnt he or she has upper hand ?
  • edited April 11
    Its not the actual age that matters, what matters is the years one has spent in UPSC prep.

For example, a candidate may be 21/22 , but may have 5 years of exp in UPSC prep [ for example,Tina Dabi , who started full fledged prep with proper coaching in class 11 itself and when she reached the age of 22, she topped the exam]. On the other hand, a candidate may be 25/26 but he /she have just started the prep ( for example, numerous UPSC aspirants wo start prep after resigning from some job).

In this case, the former is much more mature than the latter in terms of knowledge and approach and hence has the upper hand, though she is 3-4 years younger than the latter.

If u r satisfied with my reply , do meet me in ORN. I live near Bikaner sweets. :)
  • Taking ur case, u r just 24 but has already given 4 attempts ( assuming u started prep at the age of 20 ) , and taking my case, I am 30 and have given 5 attempts ( started prep at 24 ).

So, our maturity level in context of UPSC prep would most probably be similar despite the fact that I am 6 years older than you. This is because we both spent similar number of years in UPSC prep.
  • edited April 11
    I know a person, she is a girl, her real age is 25, but on certificate she is 17 only(I saw her certificate when she came to neighbor's xerox shop to get her documents photocopied.), not even eligible for bank exams now. She did her class 10th second time as earlier she couldn't score even 50 percentage in 10th and 12th from cbse board and was not able to pass 1st year of her BA even after 2 years. Later on, she took admission to one rural school and got real new birth certificate. From face, she looks like an aunty but on certificate she is 17 only, yet to complete her graduation, oh btw she scored 93 percentage in 10th, 95 in 12th. Abhi atleast 3 more years for graduation. By the time she 29, she will give her first attempt in upsc and technically she will be 21 lol :D
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • edited April 11
    Burger said:

I know a person, she is a girl, her real age is 25, but on certificate she is 17 only(I saw her certificate when she came to neighbor's xerox shop to get her documents photocopied.), not even eligible for bank exams now. She did her class 10th second time as earlier she couldn't score even 50 percentage in 10th and 12th from cbse board and was not able to pass 1st year of her BA even after 2 years. Later on, she took admission to one rural school and got real new birth certificate. From face, she looks like an aunty but on certificate she is 17 only, yet to complete her graduation, oh btw she scored 93 percentage in 10th, 95 in 12th. Abhi atleast 3 more years for graduation. By the time she 29, she will give her first attempt in upsc and technically she will be 21 lol :D

haan aisa bahut log karte hain, jo jeevan bhar exam dete rehna chahte hain , even at the real age of 50s.

but, now its not possible, cz govt is now asking for Aadhar Card.

Given her condition, she might get some clerical job or teacher job after lot of ragdampatti, but UPSC me aise logo ka success impossible hai.

DNA test karke age pata karna chahiye ab govt ko.
  • freeman said:

Its not the actual age that matters, what matters is the years one has spent in UPSC prep.

For example, a candidate may be 21/22 , but may have 5 years of exp in UPSC prep [ for example,Tina Dabi , who started full fledged prep with proper coaching in class 11 itself and when she reached the age of 22, she topped the exam]. On the other hand, a candidate may be 25/26 but he /she have just started the prep ( for example, numerous UPSC aspirants wo start prep after resigning from some job).

In this case, the former is much more mature than the latter in terms of knowledge and approach and hence has the upper hand, though she is 3-4 years younger than the latter.

If u r satisfied with my reply , do meet me in ORN. I live near Bikaner sweets. :)

I see what you did there :trollface:
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • edited April 11

I recently moved to ORN. Most people seem to be 25+ but during conversations i find out that they are just 21-23 age group.
    So i am wondering either they are bluffing or simply telling the DOB by documents. I today met a 32+ (IMO) guy ; i asked if he has any attempts left. He said "why, I am only 24". Now this is frustrating for me. I am 24 now and already used 4 attempts.

@Burger plz close this troll thread.
    in CSE as per minimum age in 22 years one can complete 1st attempt in earliest possible scenario. so in 24 maximum 3 attempt is possible.
    He is guy with girls name trolling the thread .
  • edited April 11
    timepasss said:

in CSE as per minimum age in 22 years one can complete 1st attempt in earliest possible scenario. so in 24 maximum 3 attempt is possible.
    haha..min age is 21 and not 22

frst attempt at 21, secnd at 22, 3rd at 23 and 4th at 24, she wud be between 24 an 25 now.

so no prb
  • freeman said:

timepasss said:

frst attempt at 21, secnd at 22, 3rd at 23 and 4th at 24, she wud be between 24 an 25 now.

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.
    min age for applying in 21 not completing the cycle.
    suppose age is 24 now so dob something in jan-feb 1993 .
    kab exam de payega wo cse 2014 ka ya 13 bhi likh lega :D
    so 2014 2015 and 2016 only 3 attempt .
    kisi logic se 4 attempt aur 24 yrs age hai toh bolo :D
  • cse 13 ka exam dene ke liye 1st jan 13 ko 21 yrs requirement tha as prelims was in may only.
  • @timepasss you are right. i wrote 3 attempts. woh raat 2:30 ke lagbhag thread banaya toh thoda sleepy ho rhi thi.. jab tak typo sudharna chaha tab tak editing option ke 6 minutes nikal chuke the. :D
  • timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.

if dob is 31 july 1992

so, on :

1 august 2013- age 21 saal 1 din ; attempt 1..

1 august 2014- age 22 saal 1 din; attempt 2

1 august 2015- age 23 saal 1 din ; attempt 3

1 august 2016 - age 24 saal 1 din ; attempt 4

now its april 2017, so present age : 24 saal 8 mnths, still less than 25,
  • @timepasss you are right. i wrote 3 attempts. woh raat 2:30 ke lagbhag thread banaya toh thoda sleepy ho rhi thi.. jab tak typo sudharna chaha tab tak editing option ke 6 minutes nikal chuke the. :D

pauaa chadha li thi kya jo attempt yaad nahi
  • freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.

if dob is 31 july 1992

so, on :

no benefit of discussion with u.
    The prelims in 2013 was on may 26th. the cut-off date for age was January 1st as per upsc rule for exam to be conducted till 30th june.
    Thoda informed ho jao fir discussion karna :D
  • timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.

if dob is 31 july 1992

so, on :

The prelims in 2013 was on may 26th. the cut-off date for age was January 1st as per upsc rule for exam to be conducted till 30th june.
    :D :D :D
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • edited April 11
    timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.

if dob is 31 july 1992

so, on :

bhai...abhi naye naye aaye ho kay field me ? aisi murkhta purna baat....1 january kabhi nahi raha...its alws been 1 august. ..kuch bhi bol rahe ho...11 12 13 1 4 15, sa diya hai maine, sab me 1 august tha, 2010 and uske pehle bhi 1 aug

1 august of the year in which the candidate appears in exam

abhi ABCD seekho jao..UPSC baad me kar lena
  • freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.

if dob is 31 july 1992

so, on :

bhai...abhi naye naye aaye ho kay field me ? aisi murkhta purna baat....1 january kabhi nahi raha...its alws been 1 august. ..kuch bhi bol rahe ho...11 12 13 1 4 15, sa diya hai maine, sab me 1 august tha, 2010 and uske pehle bhi 1 aug

sorry ye baki exam of upsc me follow hota hai not like IES me 1st june yadi exam be4 30th june hai toh.
    cse me 1st august hi hai .
  • timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.

if dob is 31 july 1992

so, on :

sorry ye baki exam of upsc me follow hota hai not like IES me 1st june yadi exam be4 30th june hai toh.
    Tum state board se ho na :mrgreen:
    Midas touch hota h

:mrgreen:
  • timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

freeman said:

timepasss said:

so no prb
    thoda logic laga lo.

if dob is 31 july 1992

so, on :

chalo maaf kiya..lekin mere dost..kisi ko ridicule karne se pehle facts ek dum solid ready rakha karo..warna popat ban jayega..hota hai..its all part n parcel of backchodi.
  • edited April 11
    No offence under applicable law and then we have a few days of the new year

Bye @ll.

@tudor superroot
  • recently suspended IPS Himanshu kumar of up cadre has hidden age by 4 to 5 years.
  • but suspend huh indiscipline n dowry 498 A etc ke liye.
  • How can one hide one's age? :-| Should not we all be 14+/15 during our Xth exam? How can someone appear 10th at 9/10 years? -_-
  • Wakaao said:

How can one hide one's age? :-| Should not we all be 14+/15 during our Xth exam? How can someone appear 10th at 9/10 years? -_-

yup but wahin se gadbed kar dete hain...18 years Mei exam pass karate hai but 14 ka lithe hain
  • freeman said:

:D :D nahin sudharnaaa hai teney freeman.... :D
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog