Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

How to Clear Prelims 2017 in 2 months? Please read the Details.

I gave last attempt but I couldn't clear. For past one and half year i am suffering from depression. I just like every one else thought depression was normal mood thing and would pass in due time, but it didn't. Everyday i woke up feeling suicidal and not wanting to get up pushed me into depths, now after i went through medications i feel better. But, now this feeling of guilt and less amount of time is pressurizing me. I would like to ask those who have cleared in such less amount of time, how did they do it and can i do it too? Please be honest with me, i seek your guidance as a younger brother.
·

Comments

• @hungry4more .. yes brother.. you can do it. It is an honest opinion given that you had prepared last year, it means

- You can cover static portion lets say in 40 days.. by 15 May.
    - For current affair , follow vision. 2 months are sufficient to cover it. By end of may.. It can be completed.
    - You ought to give tests. No matter how you score for now. Keep notebook of your mistakes, improve concepts and revise things.
    - Do forum daily quiz from Jan-- at least 2 times.
    - Also IAS baba 60 days plan - cover it before pre.
    ·
  • I second this. Follow this sincerely!

@hungry4more .. yes brother.. you can do it. It is an honest opinion given that you had prepared last year, it means

- For current affairs , follow vision . 2 months are sufficient to cover it. By end of may. It can be completed.
    - You ought to give tests. No matter how you score for now. Keep a notebook of your mistakes, improve concepts and revise things.

A Thing is Thing, Not what is said about that Thing.
    ·
  • @hungry4more .. yes brother.. you can do it. It is an honest opinion given that you had prepared last year, it means

- For current affair , follow vision. 2 months are sufficient to cover it. By end of may.. It can be completed.
    - You ought to give tests. No matter how you score for now. Keep notebook of your mistakes, improve concepts and revise things.

This sounds good.

Also do this for the depressive feelings.Exercise ,eat protein and vitamins and get sunlight everyday.

One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • @GentleGiant6 @Bharat2017 @memphis27 , yes guys, i will move ahead with your suggestions. Thank you so much, @Bharat2017 !!!
    ·
  • @hungry4more Stay strong bhai, I say this as a fellow sufferer. I am glad you are on medication. If there are days, you feel fatigued and listless even after getting up, make sure you take vit D supplements as well as L-theanine along with your morning chai/coffee. D-Rise 6k is like 4 tabs, 1 for each week, Rs 190 odd. L-theanine is pretty inexpensive as well.

You can do it!
    ·
  • I gave last attempt but I couldn't clear. For past one and half year i am suffering from depression. I just like every one else thought depression was normal mood thing and would pass in due time, but it didn't. Everyday i woke up feeling suicidal and not wanting to get up pushed me into depths, now after i went through medications i feel better. But, now this feeling of guilt and less amount of time is pressurizing me. I would like to ask those who have cleared in such less amount of time, how did they do it and can i do it too? Please be honest with me, i seek your guidance as a younger brother.

Bhai pehle to job lo yaar agar aisa lag raha hai to.
    @CitizenMonk guide him buddy....
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • @sylvian_10 yes, i took them for 4 weeks! I am continuing it. I really appreciate your help. in fact doc said, there's relation between low vit d levels and depression. mine were way down the par.
    @Tudor i come from border town of j&k, my mother doesn't stay very well, it's like i just can't afford to stay away from her, though presently im in delhi.
    ·
  • If one has done it, you also can do it
    If No-One has done it, you must do .

yes bro you can clear it, but you have to first must watch video of Successful candidate. The candidate who had clear the CSE in the first attempt or doing job or they got limited time(1 or 2 months) or limited resource , following the list -
    1.varun baranwal IAS
    2.Kumar Harsh
    3. yogesh patil upsc (This video in marathi- he had crack within 25 day before pre. exam)
    4. artika shukla
    5. Debotosh Chatterjee IRS
    I'm sure you will clear it and i'm also
    hp3
    ·
  • @sylvian_10 yes, i took them for 4 weeks! I am continuing it. I really appreciate your help. in fact doc said, there's relation between low vit d levels and depression. mine were way down the par.
    @Tudor i come from border town of j&k, my mother doesn't stay very well, it's like i just can't afford to stay away from her, though presently im in delhi.

Isi liye itni tension hai
    Bhai to job lekar Mom ko saath me rakh lena kuch din
    Fir UPSC ki taiyyari bhi karte rehna
    Baad me jab thoda better lage to job se leave ya job ko ditch karke Dilli me ek full attempt de dena

#Personal Opinion
    #Practically sochoge to UPSC bahot xyada kismat ka khel hai, upar se tumne padai bhi nahi kari, ek security aa jayegi, job me kaam rahega to zindagi bhi thoda worthy ho jati hai, isliye bol raha
    #Bas opinion de raha
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • edited April 6

@sylvian_10 yes, i took them for 4 weeks! I am continuing it. I really appreciate your help. in fact doc said, there's relation between low vit d levels and depression. mine were way down the par.

Waise Pre jitne achche se ho sake de dena
    Baad me iski ki hui padai kaam ayegi o:) o:)
    Lekin Plan B taiyyar rakhna, ekdum se nahi to free ho jaoge jo ki aur bura hai
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·

+1
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • Tudor said:

I gave last attempt but I couldn't clear. For past one and half year i am suffering from depression. I just like every one else thought depression was normal mood thing and would pass in due time, but it didn't. Everyday i woke up feeling suicidal and not wanting to get up pushed me into depths, now after i went through medications i feel better. But, now this feeling of guilt and less amount of time is pressurizing me. I would like to ask those who have cleared in such less amount of time, how did they do it and can i do it too? Please be honest with me, i seek your guidance as a younger brother.

I'm back to square one. Sorry to disappoint you. How can I show others the path when I don't have the light within me! While I type this, I'm walking out of a premises that I wonder how I ended up here, from that happy go lucky kid I used to be, playing hide & seek in my hometown. May nobody has to go through what I am right now. Was too ashamed to vent further, so asked root to close my thread. But I was tagged here, so here I am.
    Citizenmonk@gmail.com

*Account not in use*

Please contact me on email id above.
    ·
  • edited April 6

Tudor said:

I'm back to square one. Sorry to disappoint you. How can I show others the path when I don't have the light within me! While I type this, I'm walking out of a premises that I wonder how I ended up here, from that happy go lucky kid I used to be, playing hide & seek in my hometown. May nobody has to go through what I am right now. Was too ashamed to vent further, so asked root to close my thread. But I was tagged here, so here I am.
    Abe ab kya hua be
    Tumko neend to aani shuru hui thi
    Bhai ruk tujhko inbox karta hoon
    Waise bhi ab padai nahi ho rahi
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • Just walked out of Sumaitri.
    Citizenmonk@gmail.com

*Account not in use*

·
  • Wish I could be a social mendicant.
    Citizenmonk@gmail.com

*Account not in use*

·
  • edited April 6

@sylvian_10 yes, i took them for 4 weeks! I am continuing it. I really appreciate your help. in fact doc said, there's relation between low vit d levels and depression. mine were way down the par.

Food for thought:
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.in/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.in/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

What helps me is sticking to a routine. Doesn't matter what. Muscle memory is very easy to trick your body into. But try to stick to a fixed routine. If you gotta poop at 6:50, you be there on the toilet whether you like it or not.

Have you considered going back and living with her? You can prepare from a distance as well, most of the test series are online...
    ·
  • @hungry4more If you're around ORN /KB, let's meet. Shall find comfort in each other's melancholy, and try to devise a plan to mend our lives.
    Citizenmonk@gmail.com

*Account not in use*

·
  • @CitizenMonk == @hungry4more ! I am sure!
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • बागड़ बिल्ला
    Kyun ban ho gaya
    Ha ha ha :D :D :D
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • I find music very relaxing. Especially try listening to Sigur Ros. You'll feel calm and energetic at the same time which definitely is going to help you to go into berserk mode for prelims.
    Bahut Khoob
    ·
  • I gave last attempt but I couldn't clear. For past one and half year i am suffering from depression. I just like every one else thought depression was normal mood thing and would pass in due time, but it didn't. Everyday i woke up feeling suicidal and not wanting to get up pushed me into depths, now after i went through medications i feel better. But, now this feeling of guilt and less amount of time is pressurizing me. I would like to ask those who have cleared in such less amount of time, how did they do it and can i do it too? Please be honest with me, i seek your guidance as a younger brother.

hey dude ... even i am passing through same. Can understand you. Live in the moment and do what is necessary. Don't think much about the result or future. Easy way to be in relax mode. even though i am advising you all this i myself go into depression and get anxious momentarily 2 -3 times a day. pm me whenever you feel depressed or anxious. will be of great help to me as well.
    ·
  • @"बागड़ बिल्ला" this is what i needed, I know i can't go down easily. Life do throws you at bottom sometimes, it doesn't mean we can't rise to the ground back.
    @CitizenMonk definitely, Let's meet, for a walk in evenings in ORN. I have devised strategy, including MCQs extensively, last year i was overconfident & didn't solve much of the papers.
    @Tudor I will try to hold myself together now.
    @saitama Yes, i've found my solace in bhagvat gita. It helps.
    @sylvian_10 i can relate to the blog, totally.
    ·
  • @manjeet6561 yes, we can go for 15-20mins walk in evenings to discuss and plan ahead.
    Above all,
    @all I am so grateful to each one of you, now i know why everyone says @forum is like a family. I never thought i will get such a response. It does feel like, a new beginning.
    ·
  • I was in a similar situation, but started prep slightly early (last month), so I am done with the static portion, except Indian History, which I always leave out. I am still in a fix regarding the preparation of Current Affairs. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog