How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

How to take leave from bank for 50-60 days during probation for CS ? help would be grtly appreciated

How to take leave from bank for 50-60 days during probation for CS ? help would be grtly appreciated
fiːnɪks

Comments

• under_dog said:

Obtain a medical certificate...
  • Gurukul said:

under_dog said:

Obtain a medical certificate...
    What kind of problem can be quoted for 50-60 days leave ??
    fiːnɪks
  • edited April 2017
    Never take medical leave , it will be falsifying

Ask seniors like @Neyawn
    once again HUSTLE
  • Never take medical leave , it will be falsifying

Ask seniors like @Neyawn

Pls elaborate
    fiːnɪks
  • Medical leave is the only way. But you have to be aware of your bank's policy. Some banks don't bother much but few ask you to get checked by their doctor n only upon verification they would grant you the leave.

Assuming you are referring to a bank in the govt sector, know that you will be given multiple notices before any action can be taken against you. The only thing is your leave will come under the category of EOL (extra-ordinary leave) as probationers are not entitled to medical leave in most of the banks. EOL is a leave without pay.. will affect your seniority in bank n may delay your promotion in future.

All the best for CS. :)
    You either get bitter or you get better.
    The choice does not belong to fate. It belongs to you!
  • Medical leave is the only way. But you have to be aware of your bank's policy. Some banks don't bother much but few ask you to get checked by their doctor n only upon verification they would grant you the leave.

Assuming you are referring to a bank in the govt sector, know that you will be given multiple notices before any action can be taken against you. The only thing is your leave will come under the category of EOL (extra-ordinary leave) as probationers are not entitled to medical leave in most of the banks. EOL is a leave without pay.. will affect your seniority in bank n may delay your promotion in future.

All the best for CS. :)

Thanks Priyanka .....
    fiːnɪks
  • edited April 2017
    Back pain...
    Is an ideal choice if you want to take medical leave...
    Some people(like me 3 years ago) can have unbearable back pain if they have disk problems and if you are not one of them it is hard to disprove by any medical board, coz no machine can measure pain they can take all x-rays and scans but unless they conduct a polygraph they can't prove anything...
    TAX ASSISTANT IN CUSTOMS (CGLE 2014)
  • Caartey said:

Back pain...
    Is an ideal choice if you want to take medical leave...
    Some people(like me 3 years ago) can have unbearable back pain if they have disk problems and if you are not one of them it is hard to disprove by any medical board, coz no machine can measure pain they can take all x-rays and scans but unless they conduct a polygraph they can't prove anything...

He is a pro.Best advice.And don't worry about the EOL, seniority or anything else.The only problem in these cases in a devil boss(BM) who wants to monitor each and every action of a PO.Even he cannot do much as your HR department normally takes a lenient view on PO related complaints.

The only concern is the ethical angle related to this kind of action.I have taken many such leaves when I didn't start preparing for CSE.Now I don't think I would repeat my past deeds.

Good Luck.
    Pre:-4* Mains:-3 PT:-0
  • Never go for a medical leave. Dnt knw if banks come under CSS rules or ur a grp A employee but if u take a medical leave, ur head of office can recommend you for a medical that whether ur fit to continue the service. Clerks play a role and soon u will have no control over the matter. Also u have to keep in mind that ur services may be terminated during probation without any notice which is not challengable as laid down by SC in various cases.

The best way is, just write a simple application and get is signed form you head of office. That's it. Also i belive u have intimated your office about you appearance in the CS.

When you re join just send your both applications to the admin section. The leaves u have like EL HPl etc will be adjusted and rest will be counted as EOL and salary cut
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog