ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

How to delay bank joining?

I want to the provisions and process to get 4-5 months delay period...to prepare for upsc.
Plz help.

Comments

• I am alloted in Oriental bank of commerce.
  • same question, got PNB, want to delay joining till nov at least.
  • first join and then take medical leave
  • Ya...first join then take medical leave.
    I was in same dilemma 3 gears back...i didnt join then so. My job was lost...in bank of india.

Now m Woking in imdian kverseas bank selected in next exam. Join once and take branch for 2-3 days....then u can go on leave for any no. Of days...nobody can kick u out.
  • Anku0249 said:

Ya...first join then take medical leave.
    I was in same dilemma 3 gears back...i didnt join then so. My job was lost...in bank of india.

Now m Woking in imdian kverseas bank selected in next exam. Join once and take branch for 2-3 days....then u can go on leave for any no. Of days...nobody can kick u out.

but for that training should be completed, right? my dilemma is joining will be anytime from july, and mains is in october end.
  • I think you should join first. See the work/training load and then plan for leaves accordingly. As someone mentioned, once you've joined it's hard to get fired. I don't know the training schedule of Bank PO but for some jobs I've seen you may not even be required to take leaves to study, you get enough free time to do anything you want.
  • mitraark said:

I think you should join first. See the work/training load and then plan for leaves accordingly. As someone mentioned, once you've joined it's hard to get fired. I don't know the training schedule of Bank PO but for some jobs I've seen you may not even be required to take leaves to study, you get enough free time to do anything you want.

some jobs viz.?
  • mitraark said:

I think you should join first. See the work/training load and then plan for leaves accordingly. As someone mentioned, once you've joined it's hard to get fired. I don't know the training schedule of Bank PO but for some jobs I've seen you may not even be required to take leaves to study, you get enough free time to do anything you want.

some jobs viz.?
    Some state PSUs, Offices usually have no clue what to do with new joinees, they sit in the offices for months before finally going into some work. Some banks in rural areas might be of the same type.
  • mitraark said:

mitraark said:

some jobs viz.?
    Some state PSUs, Offices usually have no clue what to do with new joinees, they sit in the offices for months before finally going into some work. Some banks in rural areas might be of the same type.
    yes you should totally avoid urban branches as mostly have high workload!!
  • Same here.. got allahabad bank.. want to delay till november. Any experienced banker please suggest.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog