43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

How can an IAS officer be transferred before two years of tenure at a post?I

I have a general question, hoping for reply from knowledgeable people.

Navi Mumbai Civic commissioner Mr. Tukaram Mundhe was in news last October for local corporators colluding for his transfer (which did not happen at the time)

Today the news is that he is suddenly transferred to a different location (without any media getting the news beforehand)..

As per old news, he took Navi Mumbai charge on May 2016.

According to this 2014 news article in The Hindu, Officers of the three premier services — IAS, IPS and IFoS — will now spend a minimum of two years in each posting, according to new rules aimed at checking political interference (http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/fixed-2year-tenure-for-ias-ips-ifos-officers/article5634762.ece)

So my question is, how was he transferred before two years?
·

Comments

• etha said:

I have a general question, hoping for reply from knowledgeable people.

Navi Mumbai Civic commissioner Mr. Tukaram Mundhe was in news last October for local corporators colluding for his transfer (which did not happen at the time)

Today the news is that he is suddenly transferred to a different location (without any media getting the news beforehand)..

As per old news, he took Navi Mumbai charge on May 2016.

According to this 2014 news article in The Hindu, Officers of the three premier services — IAS, IPS and IFoS — will now spend a minimum of two years in each posting, according to new rules aimed at checking political interference (http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/fixed-2year-tenure-for-ias-ips-ifos-officers/article5634762.ece)

So my question is, how was he transferred before two years?

I think resolution was passed in the municipality of his transfer.
    ·
  • How? Manage to piss off enough people.
    feet fail me not!
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google