Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Is Anti Romeo Squad violative of Article 21?

So in all news channels news is of anti romeo squad in u.p. Is not it violative of fundamental right? frisking , searching , questioning guys on basis of just an apprehension is clear cut violative. How can u ask someone reason of standing on road until n unless they have done something highly suspicious.
Preventive detention cannot be made without reasonable apprehension. Taking someone into custody without a reason is a complete violation of fundamental rights and will create an atmosphere of fear. Police can be there in plain clothes to look up any such incident of eve teasing but harassing guys in name of anti romeo is unfair.
·

Comments

• tum kya chahte ho ki chhed chhad ke baad action liya jaye?
    ·
  • these people deserve this only especially the youth :D
    ·
  • I'm thoroughly against these kind of forces :)
    London main barish bata ke nahi aati
    ·
  • this is a very good initiative by up govt.

yesterday's development - lucknow mei girls college k bahar kuch romeo pakade gaye. sab kehne lage apni behen ko lene aaye hain. police ne kaha bulao behen ko bahar phone kar ke to sab ko nani yaad aagai. only 3-4 out of around 15 had any relative in the college. they were let go. rest were given "strict" warning and let go.

girls could feel safe and not had to undergo the demeaning comments they face daily. do you think this is violative of their fundamental rights or should we allow romeo's fundamental right to roam around..!!
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
    ·
  • fundamental rights of girls n boys should be balanced In my opinion... can't police keep watch secretly rather than humiliation? or they just love doing drama publicly??
    ·
  • shreenu said:

fundamental rights of girls n boys should be balanced In my opinion... can't police keep watch secretly rather than humiliation? or they just love doing drama publicly??

LOL. you are suggesting secret surveillance instead of remediation. That's even worse.
    Secondly why is humiliation of boys any more important than degradation of girls by teasing by boys.
    Barbad forumistaan karne ko to ek hi ullu kaafi tha
    Yahan..har post pe ullu baitha hai anjam-e-forumistan kya hoga
    ·
  • shreenu said:

fundamental rights of girls n boys should be balanced In my opinion... can't police keep watch secretly rather than humiliation? or they just love doing drama publicly??

:smirk: :smirk:

·
  • edited March 22
    Normal guy in a restaurant "Extra chatni ke paanch rupay jyada? Ye toh sarasar manmaani hai bhaisahab"

UPSC aspirant in the same restaurant "What? Pay more for extra chatni? This is violation of my fundamental rights under Article 14, 19 and 21."
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
    ·
  • Normal guy in a restaurant "Extra chatni ke paanch rupay jyada? Ye toh sarasar manmaani hai bhaisahab"

UPSC aspirant in the same restaurant "What? Pay more for extra chatni? This is violation of my fundamental rights under Article 14, 19 and 21."

:D :D
    ·
  • Normal guy in a restaurant "Extra chatni ke paanch rupay jyada? Ye toh sarasar manmaani hai bhaisahab"

:smiley:
    ·
  • edited March 22
    “It is the fundamental right of everyone in this country… to live with human dignity free from exploitation. This right to live with human dignity enshrined in Article 21 derives its life breath from the Directive Principles of State Policy and particularly clauses (e) and (f) of Article 39 and Articles 41 and 42 and at the least, therefore, it must include protection of the health and strength of workers, men and women, and of the tender age of children against abuse, opportunities and facilities for children to develop in a healthy manner and in conditions of freedom and dignity, educational facilities, just and humane conditions of work and maternity relief. These are the minimum requirements which must exist in order to enable a person to live with human dignity and no State neither the Central Government nor any State Government-has the right to take any action which will deprive a person of the enjoyment of these basic essentials.”

couples k sadak pe baith k chumma chaati or cuddle se bhi kisi ka 21 violate hota hoga....
    ·
  • edited March 25
    Hey bhagwab kya din aa gye. Pehle maa beti se bolti thi beti sambhal k jana. dunya bahut zalim hai, galti chahe teri na ho zindagee teri hi kharab hogi.

Ab beto se bolti hai beta sambhal k jana yogi bahut zalim hai, galti kisi ki bhi ho, dande tujhe hi padenge.
    Kuch dini me ldko ko ye bhi na kehna shuru ho zaye ki parde me raha karo to koi tumhari galti nhi nikalega.

Nice change.
    ·
  • A little profiling can go a long way in preventing crimes. Who all have the free time to roam around on the streets and parks during daytime on weekdays?

Maro danda karo thanda.
    Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
    ·

Hahahahah
    ·

Article 14,19 and 21 are applicable only against state, not against an individual.

·
  • edited March 26

·
  • Romeo was a fine gentleman with all the good manners in abundant supply. I don't know why the govt is after all the gentlemen. (-_-)
    ·
  • seth said:

Normal guy in a restaurant "Extra chatni ke paanch rupay jyada? Ye toh sarasar manmaani hai bhaisahab"

Article 14,19 and 21 are applicable only against state, not against an individual.
    #Correction #Chatni_In_Amma_Canteen #Joke_Killer
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
    ·
    ·
  • anti romeo squad ... :| :| :| indeed its good for females .coz no girl wants eve teasing ./molestation/taunts .....it will be against mischievous elements of society ..who have nothing to do except girls ...hahahaha ...its good because everyone has family and female members .... it will remove fear as well ,as family is suspicious to those elements when any female member is outside from home ..... i heavily tilted in this favor ...

but on other hand ... hahahaha it will also kill some genuine persons who want to love and in return to be loved ..... :|

but there is some lacunae in formulation as couples who got married and sister/ brother also got arrested ... so there should be some measures that couples sitting in park , bro-sis ,and married couple dont get disturbed by this squad ..
    ·
  • I support it provided the police is sensitized and works under systematic guidelines.

Guys would atleast focus on studies, entrepreneurship and on self-improvement instead of chasing girls and trying to make MMSes of them
    Barbad forumistaan karne ko to ek hi ullu kaafi tha
    Yahan..har post pe ullu baitha hai anjam-e-forumistan kya hoga
    ·
  • Acha hai dho dalo aese anti-social elements ko.....Khali couples k sath na ched khani krein ye squad...warna kch log sanakriti k rakhwale bhi ban jate hain...
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
    ·
  • Koi shayar h jinda
    Aaj chull ho rahi hai
    ·
  • @ @rearing @cheelu @panku @modiji @NY

Tere hontho pe Jo muskaan chayi hai, khuda kasam mere dil me diwali aayi hai
    Mil leta hu sabse gale ab Hans ke, jabse tu meri jindagi me shaamil hone aayi hai
    ·

• Chaand  bahuto ko lubhaata hai, har koi use paana chahta hai
    Toh kya chaand ko bhi foonk du, Jo sabke aangan nahi aata hai
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog