ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Confusion regarding whether to join Coaching or only Test-series..

Hello,
After completing M.Sc. (Zoology) from BHU in June 2016, I decided to IAS preparation by self-study from Allahabad. My "Two-year plan" was to read only textbooks in first year from Allahabad, and then to settle in Delhi and do exhaustive study with current affairs and test series.
The place, where I have been living, have no serious IAS aspirants that's why I become alone and after 3-4 months got demotivated due to lack of guidance & inspiration. I have studied all NCERTs+Standard books once or twice only, but could not prepare notes. Much of the concepts are clear, fear of "Strange Subjects" in UPSC has gone, but not able to solve sufficient Pre & Mains questions.
Now, I am planning to settle in Delhi (My 2-3 friends are already there who too are studying by self). I am from middle class family and coaching fee is a burden for me. I can not decide whether to joining a coaching in Delhi will be waste of Time+Money or it will help me to be disciplined, best guidance and knowledge in depth. My some friends suggest to join only Test-series.There is no need for coaching in optional subject (Zoology) because I am master in Zoology and qualified JRF (Life Sciences) too.
I could not understand whether coaching will add more surety in my selection or Test-series+Online material/video+Self study is enough to do this. Please help me by your practical experience.
·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google