Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Discrimination by Optical Drive.

I have dell xps 15. Recently my optical drive is reading only some of the discs. Generally original DVDs are being read and local DVDs are not. Why this happening and how to correct it ?
Computer Science guys please help !! :D :P
·

Comments

• Discrimination on any basis is not allowed under Article 15(2). Go to Supreme Court and seek redress under Article 32.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • Lodge an fir under the relevant statute if the optical drive is using caste marks to discriminate.
    Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
    ·
  • Discrimination on any basis is not allowed under Article 15(2). Go to Supreme Court and seek redress under Article 32.

Yeah I will go barefoot to SC
    METRO coach (ladies) me nahi ghusne dia mujhe just bcoz I m a boy
    ·
  • I asked my optical drive, why she is doing this to me ?

You know what she told me ? :'( :'(

:D :D
    ·
  • Being technologically disabled that I am, I would advise you to try and uninstall the cd-rom drivers and reinstall them.
    But before that run those dvds on some other system.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • This happens when the lens is old/scratched/dirty. Pressed optical media is much easier to read than data burned to a disc by altering the dye. You might want to try a lens cleaning disc but I guess it's time to get a new drive.
    ·
  • I asked my optical drive, why she is doing this to me ?

You know what she told me ? :'( :'(

:D :D

Then your optical drive is both feminist and sexist :| :|

Ask her to behave like a good girl ;)

Don't try to pamper her by cleaning the lense or taking extra care of her :smirk: :smirk:
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog